Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Whether on the road for a week or 6 months I don't think of the place until we are on the way home. This year its rented out, so that will give us an oportunity to experience full timing without completely severing the cord.
fillbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #16

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We live on two acres at the end of a dead end road. When we camp, I usually have to get used to people being so near to us. DH thinks I am weird for liking privacy curtains at the sides of the awning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Labor Day Maple Grove campground 2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	327.5 KB
ID:	29323  
Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #17

Neighbors and friends - wish we could just bring everybody with us.
barbaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51;1375694[B
]DW misses 3600 sq ft of cleaning, I miss plowing snow [/B] Seriously, I guess we miss our view over the lake, it is beautiful even in the winter. Ice fisherman will throw fish they don't want on the ice and eagles will swoop in to get them. We miss snowmobiling....but age is catching up.
Hey,... this was a 'serious' question,... I thought...
GWinger
GWinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
The ease of opening the back door for the two dogs and cat to run through their back yard.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
The ease of opening the back door for the two dogs and cat to run through their back yard.
Same here,,, only no cat... And WE miss room in the bathroom....
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
What do you miss most about your S&B when on the road?
Only the washer and dryer. That's it. I love the smaller space of the RV to take care of instead of an 1800 sq ft house. I have more time to enjoy myself when on the road or when snow-birding. If it were up to me, we'd close up the house for a few years and hit the road.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #22

We miss a lot of our "hobbies". Our hobbies tend to be big; sheesh one of my wife's looms would fill the best half of a semi truck and we won't even get started on the sewing room, the dye kitchen, etc. Me? Two antique cars, a 400 sq foot workshop, 100, 400, 800 and 1200 yard shooting range, my gunsmith workshop (seperate from the workshop), the garden, the ATV trails, the nut trees and space (106 acres surrounded by a state forest).

We enjoy traveling and spend months at a time on the road, but, we do, eventually, miss the peace and quiet of our sticks and bricks and head home. Sometimes we talk about full-timing, but, it only takes a minute to realize that it isn't something we really want to do with all the other things we enjoy doing. We love being retired and being "part time"; best of both worlds for us.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Towed
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #23

Friends, neighbors, the store clerks I know, the local dogs, the calls to go have lunch with someone, the people at the gym.

And travelling I enjoy the solitude, new places, new people and the sense of utter relaxation knowing I can't, simply can't, clean the gutters, clean the garage, or mow the lawn.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #24

I don't miss anything when I am away, with the possible exception of...no, got one of those too in my new motor home...
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #25

What do I miss most about home? I've got to say computer usage. I really hate when some jerk takes up all the CG bandwith watching movies or the like, and keeps me off the net while I'm trying to catch up on internet banking, reading email, etc.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #26

We are fulltime in a 33 ft Fred. What we aint got we dont need. When we move we get new outdoor wallpaper. When we need another house we can buy one. Having as much fun as possible out here, as we will be dead long enough later on
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgarcia View Post
We live on two acres at the end of a dead end road. When we camp, I usually have to get used to people being so near to us. DH thinks I am weird for liking privacy curtains at the sides of the awning.
From your picture of your camper I noticed that your truck was parked on the grass; was this in a C.O.E. park? I was in a C.O.E. park ;last summer and had my truck parked on the grass, A ranger came by and got so mad that he threatened to give me a citation, have me arrested and put in jail, have my motor home convascated; and have me permmatly banned from all C.O.E. parks.
I never seen a ranger so mad.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #28

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
From your picture of your camper I noticed that your truck was parked on the grass; was this in a C.O.E. park? I was in a C.O.E. park ;last summer and had my truck parked on the grass, A ranger came by and got so mad that he threatened to give me a citation, have me arrested and put in jail, have my motor home convascated; and have me permmatly banned from all C.O.E. parks.
I never seen a ranger so mad.
That was at a reclaimed strip mine campsite. No issues - Camp Host was fine with it. Thanks for your concern.