Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2015, 08:56 PM   #1

For Those Who Have Lost A Spouse:

I walked into the grocery store not particularly interested in buying groceries. I wasn't hungry.

The pain of losing my husband of 37 years was still to raw. And this grocery store held so many sweet memories. Rudy often came with me and almost every time he would pretend to go go off and look for something special. I knew what he was up to. I'd always spot him walking down the aisle with three yellow roses in his hands.

Rudy knew I loved yellow roses. With a heart filled with grief, I only wanted to buy my few items and leave, but even grocery shopping was different since Rudy passed on.

Shopping for one took time. A little more thought than it had for two. Standing by the meat, I searched for the perfect small steak, and remembered how Rudy loved his steak.

Suddenly a woman came beside me. She was blond, slim and and lovely in a green pantsuit. I watched as she picked up a large pack of T-Bone, dropped them in her basket, hesitated , and then put them back. She turned to go and once again picked up the steaks.

She saw me watching her and smiled. My husband loves T-Bones, but honestly, at these prices, I don't know. I swallowed the emotion down my throat and met her pale blue eyes. My husband passed away 8 days ago, I told her. Glancing at the package in her hands, I fought to control the tremble in my voice. Buy him the steaks. And cherish every moment you have together.

She shook her head and I saw the emotion in her eyes as she placed them in her basket and wheeled away. I turned and pushed my cart across the length of the store to the dairy products. There I stood, trying to decide which size milk I should buy. A quart I finally decided and moved on to the cream section near the front of the store. If nothing else, I could always fix myself a ice cream cone.

I placed the ice cream in my cart and looked down the aisle towards the front of the store. I saw the green suit, then recognized the pretty lady coming towards me. In her arms she carried a package. On her face was the brightest smile I had ever seen. I would swear a soft halo encircled her blond hair as she keep walking towards me, her eyes holding mine. As she came closer, I saw what she held and tears began misting in my eyes.

These are for you, she said and placed three beautiful long stem yellow roses in my arms. When you go through the line ,they know these are paid for. She leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek, then smiled again.

I wanted to tell her what she had done,, what the roses meant, but still unable to speak, I watched as she walked away, as tears clouded my vision . I looked down at the beautiful roses nestled in the green tissue wrapping and found it almost unreal. How did she know?

Suddenly the answer seemed so clear. I wasn't alone. Oh Rudy you haven't forgotten me , have you? I whispered, with tears in my eyes. He was still with me. And she was his angel...........

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum. 2014 Entegra DLQ

SonnyB
2014 Anthem DLQ
Jeep Liberty
2 Dogs:
Lou Lou (Yorker)
Casey (Weiner Dog)
SonnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2015, 11:33 AM   #2

thank you, that hurt ,but in a good way ,its been 4yrs and i still miss her ,and find myself doing things i know she would like
bulldog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyB View Post

Suddenly the answer seemed so clear. I wasn't alone. Oh Rudy you haven't forgotten me , have you? I whispered, with tears in my eyes. He was still with me. And she was his angel...........

Thank you for taking the time and having the courage to share this. Your faith and feelings are truly inspirational. Best wishes.
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:11 PM   #4

Significant plagiarism was detected

According to grammarly.com
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Oh SonnyB, thanks for sharing that. My boss' father fell into a coma last week, all life support has been discontinued, your post is so poignant.

((Bulldog2))
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:17 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for your stories, My mom loved roses I bought her a rose bush for mothers day for 22 years She is gone now 17 years. I have taken care of the bushes and talk to her every time I'm working in them and even when I walk by those bushes. My eyes are tearing up so I will stop here.
Thank you,
Tim
I hope you continue with you travels.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:47 PM   #7

I become less afraid when I read these stories - thank you from the bottom of my heart...we are all in this together...
pismocouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:35 PM   #8

God bless and keep you mam. It will be ok and we'll all reunite very soon with our savior.

"life happens, enjoy it".. 🇺🇸
2008 HR Ambassador DP 360 38'
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
A wonderful message Sonny and my heart and soul are with you. I don't mean to insult you in any way because I don't know your beliefs but I agree with CDINATl, we will be together again with our families and loved ones.
For me it has been eight years and it took me probably 4 or 5 years to overcome the grief and establish a "normal" life again. For some they handle it well and quickly, for some it takes awhile (like me) and for some maybe never.
I got lucky and found a wonderful woman to share my life with and got married again about a year ago.
There is a poem that I can't find right now called "A reason, a season and a lifetime". It helped me understand things a little better and gave me some comfort.
I wish I could have known Rudy. Sounds like the kind of person I could have enjoyed being around.
Its not easy to do but hang in there and be thankful for the relationship you had and will have again.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
A Reason, A Season, or A Lifetime (Poem)

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

— Unknown
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 04:39 PM   #11

You should acknowledge the author of this. Her name is Wilma Hankins Hlawiczka and it's copyrighted material.
2021 RAM 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans, 4:10 differential
2013 DRV Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 replaced by 2021 DRV
psaint is offline   Reply With Quote