Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
Question Found a sibling ?

Has anyone on here found a sibling that was born before you and you didn't know for about for 30 years. Did the knowlege make you .... mad...sad .... happy or .....?.

2008 Tundra Dbl Cab 2 WD 5.7 Tow Pkg
2010 Flagstaff 33' 831FLSS
jimbo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
Found Sibling

I have the opposite scenario. I "discovered" I had a paternal 1/2 sister 20 years younger than I. It took 10 years but eventually she found my posting on Geneology.com and emailed me. I was 60 and she 40 at that time. I have visited several times and we stay in contact via email, phone, Skype every since. I only wish I had been able to find her sooner. I am still searching for 4 siblings my mother left behind as I grew up. Reconnecting with family has occurred with several close friends and it has always been a positive experience. Several were mothers finding a child they had given up at birth and found each other 20 to 30 years later.

Ad (N6GLL) & Tommi 2002 Ford F250 TD 4X4
1997 Newmar American Star XL 30RKCL
My other RV 1963 Cascade 29 Sloop
waddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
iRV2 No Limits Club
When I was about 25 my mom told me that two cousins in my aunts family that we were close with and socialized with a lot with were actually my 1/2 brother and 1/2 sister.

I was happy to know because it explained all the questions abut the family that did not make sense, including everyone saying I looked like my "cousin."

We were close then and still are.
Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In the final days of my mothers life (I took care of her for her last 18 years at home). Her last few days she kept repeating/saying "I killed the baby" "wheres my Baby". After mom passed I told a very close Aunt Moms sister what my mom keep repeating.
And she told me that my mom had a child out of wed-lock before my parents got together and that she gave the baby up to there landlord. She was a single Mother then. We never heard a peep about him
I started looking and it ended in a Dead end in Sisston SD. I have wondered about him since then.
All of my relatives are gone now so I will never know about him.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
If anyone is interested, you could check into 23andMe.com, Thom's done it and I will be here soon, the oldest son's done it and is waiting on his results. They give you all kinds of genealogy dna information. It's a way that you might be able to find relatives that you did not know you had. That's part of the reason Thom's done it.

They also give you lots of other raw data that right now they can't tell you what it says (fda stepped in ... argh) but you can run it thru a third party site and get info on what markers you might have for about 250 things. Just remember just because you might have the marker does not mean you will get what it is.
Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
I reunited with my birth mother and brother, 50 years later and across the big pond. In the process, I found out I had a 1/2 sister I never knew about.
'03 Ford F350 4X4 V10 Gasser Ext. Cab
'05 29' Chateau 5'r
'03 Ranger 520 DVX / 225 hp Evinrude
empty_nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #7
A good friend of mine has passed and told me long ago that before getting married that there was a child born and his children did not know about their 1/2 sister. He has no relatives other than his children who are all in their 30 or 40's. I know that my friend had a copy of his first child's birth record. The children of my friend and I are tight with me. I am wondering if i should advise the children about their sibling or just let the issue end now.
2008 Tundra Dbl Cab 2 WD 5.7 Tow Pkg
2010 Flagstaff 33' 831FLSS
jimbo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #8
Solo Rvers Club
Found my brother at 66. He is 9 years older. I visited him and met him for the first time on my grip west in 2010. I was very happy to meet him. Just wish my Mom had been able to see us together.
...memories so we might have roses in December - unknown
HoboPals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #9
Vintage RV Owners Club
One never knows how that will go... the one who was 'alone' might resent the others or ask for inheritance, and one never knows how the others will choose to respond, either to keep piling on the pain or be inclusive.
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #10
There are so many of us. It's 1983 and we just buried my brother, he was 23 and killed in a helicopter accident. My sister and I were sitting back in a bedroom talking and over heard my Aunt ask my mother "Are we alone?" and mom replied "I guess so". My aunt asked my mother about my father's child back in Lincoln. Boy did we get really quite, we waited until they finished there conversation before we started asking question. Apparently we have a 1/2 sister that is 6 or 8 years older than us. My father and his girlfriend had unprotected sex in 1956 and since my father was in the Navy she never told him until after she married another man. (My mom should of taken that as a warning) We discovered that the girl doesn't even know that her Dad isn't her biological father. My sis and I talked about it and decided to left sleeping dogs sleep. We didn't even share the information with my oldest brother.
Carmen & Kenny D
2010 GMC 4x4 Sierra
2013 Keystone Passport
Carmen D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #11
I was adopted!

I found out 20 years ago when I was 44 that I had 7 brothers and sisters! I always knew that I was adopted since I was old enough to know.
I get along and love them all. No fighting either! lol.

2003 Pace Arrow 37A
Winter Home- Arcadia, Florida
USN Vietnam Veteran 1967-1971
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote