Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2010, 06:28 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Fourth of July Fireworks and Celebration

With the Fourth of July just around the corner, I'm reminded of the various fireworks displays I've witnessed over the years. Seeing Mt. Rushmore congers up feelings of patriotism and a reminder of our country's heritage but seeing it at night, lit up by colorful bursting displays above, is truly a unique and special experience and in my opinion should be on everyones bucket list. This year I'll be in St. Louis MO to celebtate the Fourth of July and witness the fireworks display at the Arch.

So, where did you see your best fireworks display and where will you be celebrating the Fourth of July festivities this year?
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2010, 07:15 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
RJay: G'morning from Mitchell, S.D. Even though we now reside in So. Dakota, and spend a good deal of time in the Black Hills, we've yet to see the Rushmore fireworks display. It IS, however, on our "bucket list!!"

So far, one of the most beautiful displays is the 4th Fest and fireworks over the harbor in Duluth, Minn.

Steve & Lynette
Old 06-25-2010, 07:30 AM   #3

We were in Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA for some excellent fireworks. They claim to have the largest West of the Mississippi and it is certainly an excellent display.
This year we will also be in St. Louis for the fireworks and air show. We have been told that this is also an excellent show.
We lived in the Washington, DC area for many years and that is a show not to be missed if you are in the area. Just fabulous!
The last 2 years we were in the Wisconsin Dells which is not a big show but it's a great place to be that time of year. Very small town feel to the whole thing.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:39 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Best Fireworks? Where FREEDOM is the reason . . .

The best fireworks display I've ever seen was on the Island of Guam, actually twice - 1969 and 1970.

Best, but not because of the actual visual display, but because the nice folks in the neighborhood where we had "boonie housing" were there to celebrate America --- very patriotic folks and very appreciative of what was done on their behalf back in the '40's.

Many saw some of the 1,600 US forces die . . . and/or some of the 700 Guam citizens die during those times. They were celebrating America, not just firing off pretty exploding things.

Funny what freedom does to make folks proud of America.

God Bless America . . . and God Bless what our troops did/do for us and many around the world.
SeeTheUSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Adams View Post
We were in Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA for some excellent fireworks. They claim to have the largest West of the Mississippi and it is certainly an excellent display.
This year we will also be in St. Louis for the fireworks and air show. We have been told that this is also an excellent show.
We lived in the Washington, DC area for many years and that is a show not to be missed if you are in the area. Just fabulous!
The last 2 years we were in the Wisconsin Dells which is not a big show but it's a great place to be that time of year. Very small town feel to the whole thing.
Bill,
I was in Portland last year for the Fourth and I totally agree with you. The fireworks display over the Columbia River, from beginning to end, was like a finale with no breaks...Spectacular!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We will be in Custer, SD for the 4th. We had planned on seeing the Mt Rushmore fireworks but they have canceled thim this year due to the fire danger.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Chickadee,
I was at the Corn Palace at the end of May, I had to get my license renewed. Sorry to hear they canceled the fireworks at Mt. Rushmore.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthomas1 View Post
We will be in Custer, SD for the 4th. We had planned on seeing the Mt Rushmore fireworks but they have canceled thim this year due to the fire danger.
Are they having anything at Crazy Horse for the Fourth? I'm surprised they aren't having night blasting.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Anybody staying at French Creek RV park in Custer?
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #10

Some of the best I've seen have been over Lake Michigan from Grants Park in Chicago. The strangest I've seen were in Hungry Horse, MT last year. It's fireworks free-for-all all over town all night long. All shapes and sizes and from across the street from us to the parking lot of the Dam Town Bar.

It's been a few year since they cracked down on shooting the fireworks across the main drag at each other. THAT must have been a sight to see!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #11
rf4

Winnebago Owners Club
our best friend owns a pyrotechnic company and we have been putting on fireworks shows for many years (usually July 1st, 3rd and 4th, every year).

The best fireworks show (in my mind) is when someone I care about does not get hurt!! It doesn't happen often, but it is nature to the beast.
rf4 is offline   Reply With Quote