Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I don't know if anyone caught it on the Super Bowl commercial...but Denny's is serving a Free Grand Slam breakfast tomorrow at any of their locations from 6AM-2PM....
You can check their locations here...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:39 AM   #2

I saw that, and we're thinking about it. But we're betting that they'll be packed tighter than sardines....not sure the wait will be worth it. So I picked up stuff to make my own "breakfast bowl"...we'll probably pass on the Grand Slam.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If it is too full at Denny's maybe we can all go over to MM's? Just where is she holed up?

The Hamptons
2015 Newmar Ventana LE 3436
2005 Mini Cooper S
Ceratto's Grotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We saw it to but will pass. The Grand Slam isn't on our diets, even if it is free.

It does raise an interesting point. Obviously, the company is trying to re-acquaint the public to its product. I wonder if it will be successful. In this economic downturn, it is a positive, self-initiated step at re-starting business. Perhaps others will follow suit.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
paz

We stopped by a nearby Denny's this morning around 10:00 and it wasn't too crowded. We purposely timed our visit to fall between breakfast and lunch and we only had to wait about half an hour. Service was better than expected; and, although things were hectic, the staff wasn't frantic. They had a clown giving away small stuffed animals to the kids (and a few adults), and they passed out free pancake puppies (deep-fried pancake batter similar to hush puppies) to those waiting in line. The whole thing was handled very well.

Like chasfm11, the Grand Slam isn't on our diet either; and now we have to lay off the cholesterol the rest of the month (or 2).
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Here in Hemet, CA the 2 Dennys are within a 1 mile of one another. We drove by at 10:45 AM and there were about 85-100 folks in line at each location. Had to take a pass on the wait. It is amazing what us seniors and street people will do now-a-day for a free meal. I wondered if they were doing the hard up-sell on beverages, etc? I know a cup of regular coffee was $2.38 before taxes the other week when we did breakfast there. I thought that was a bit pricey, even for the left coast! rockintom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Ceratto's Grotto:
If it is too full at Denny's maybe we can all go over to MM's? Just where is she holed up?
Well.. I had the early shift...and Sacs had the late shift. I can report back that we never had a line (maybe cuz we had no customers!! )

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #8

The Denny's here in Carson City had a line out the door and down the sidewalk and across the lawn from 0600 until about 1430...

The wait time was about an hour or more..

The parking lot has about 30 parking spaces and there were about 100 cars circling around and around hoping to find a parking space.

Kinda reminded me of a cowboy movie where the indians were riding around the wagon train..

Needless to say,, my friends and I went down the street to a local restaurant where we ate the same breakfast for $2.99.....

two 8" pancakes, 3 eggs, 3 bacon (or 3 sausage links or 2 sausage patties or 1 ham steak ... it was customer's choice of meat)...

I like Denny's and I love "FREE"... but I have not found anything on this planet earth that I will wait more than ten or fifteen minutes in line for..

John