Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #15

Years ago, my FIL had a local that shared his name giving out his phone number to creditors.
One day they called to remind him that he was past due on his Mobile Home payment by several months.
My FIL, being the good sport he was, said loudly in his Marine Corps voice, "just come get the damn thing!"
E then hung up and almost wet his pants trying to tell my MIL what the call was about.
After he recovered from his laughter he stopped and said he hoped the poor soul wasn't o. The crapper when the hooked up to it!!

Almost as funny as the AT&T story....almost!!!
HTFireMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #16

That's good. You must have had fun. You reminded me of one that I tried out on some guys who rang the door bell, proselytizing for their religion.

After some initial chit chat:

Him: Do you believe in God?
Me: Yes.
Him: What religion are you?
Me I'm a devil worshiper.
Him: I thought you said that you believe in God.
Me: I do. Don't you believe in the devil?
Him: But you're going to go to hell!
Me: Well, I should certainly hope so!

When I started this, I thought that they would figure out that I was putting them on, and go away. However, at this point I realized that they were taking me seriously. Next, I started trying to convert them. Finally, when I invited them to come to a service and join in the orgy, they fled in terror.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #17

iRV2 No Limits Club
When we were in business of course, we received many solicitation calls. We would tell the caller that the person they needed to talk to was not in. His name was Franks Burns, (From MASH).

When the solicitor called later asking for Frank Burns,we knew a few things. First the caller wasn't that smart. Secondly he/she was a solicitor and could be tyaken care of quickly and we go on to other calls.

Funny, Frank Burns was never in the office! The slacker.LOL
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
From Catch-22

They probably got the idea for Burns office hours from Colonel Cathcart in Joseph Hellers 'Catch-22'.

I've gotten a number of calls from scammers claiming to be from Microsoft telling me that my computer has a virus but they can remote into it and fix it. I've been known to keep them on the line for 30 minutes or so before they give up. I wish my phone had a record function!

When they call my DW they usually get the word I am forbidden to use in her presence.

Just an FYI, nobody honest is going to call you and ask to remote into your computer. The average loss to those who get taken in by this scam is over $2,000 over a period of several months. Just don't.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #19

iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't know where they idea came from, but it sure was fun.

The secretary would yell out"Is Frank here?"

Some one would respond: "Hang on, I'll Check. ---Pause--Nope he's out."

Sure would brighten up our day.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #20

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
They probably got the idea for Burns office hours from Colonel Cathcart in Joseph Hellers 'Catch-22'.

I've gotten a number of calls from scammers claiming to be from Microsoft telling me that my computer has a virus but they can remote into it and fix it. I've been known to keep them on the line for 30 minutes or so before they give up. I wish my phone had a record function!

When they call my DW they usually get the word I am forbidden to use in her presence.

Just an FYI, nobody honest is going to call you and ask to remote into your computer. The average loss to those who get taken in by this scam is over $2,000 over a period of several months. Just don't.

I received the same call recently.

It must have been a new guy calling.
Because I told he he was full of S%%t.
He responded saying... yes he was full of S%%t!
So I said; you know you are full of S%%t and you
still called me?
He said yes!

Then I could hear a co-worker telling him to hangup.
I was laughing until I had tears running.
The DW came in and asked what was wrong.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #21

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
I received the same call recently.

It must have been a new guy calling.
Because I told he he was full of S%%t.
He responded saying... yes he was full of S%%t!
So I said; you know you are full of S%%t and you
still called me?
He said yes!

Then I could hear a co-worker telling him to hangup.
I was laughing until I had tears running.
The DW came in and asked what was wrong.

Now that right there, is funny. I don't care who you are
Old 10-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #22

One evening, I received a call on my home phone. The caller ID said ‘NOT DO’, so, instead of saying “hello”...

Me: Not. Do.

Caller: Good evening, Mr. and he mispronounced my name, like they usually do.

Me: Not Do.

Caller: I don't understand.

Me: The caller ID said NOT DO when you called, so you must be Not Do.

Another pause...

Caller: Hello, my name is Doug, and I’m calling to let you know that we are selling timeshares for half-off.

Me: I’ve already got one. A really nice one that I enjoy very much, so you could say that I will Not Do anything with your offer.

Caller, after a little chuckle: I’ll just take your name off our list. Have a nice evening.
kazeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #23

One Saturday morning I was eating breakfast- phone rang, I answered (pre-caller ID), a woman spoke really fast trying to sell me something (don't remember what). I told her I was eating and hung up. 5 minutes later she called again. I was irritated that my food was getting cold so I interrupted her and asked, You really want to sell me this don't you?. She said yes, I asked where she was calling from, "Chicago" she answered, I said " that's not too far away, do you fool around? CLICK!!! She never called again.
It's my phone, my money, my time, call at your own risk.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote