Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #29

Many years ago bw (before wife) I set up camp with my trusty pup tent and Coleman camp stove, made a bachelor dinner, and laid back to count the stars. Life was good.
A huge dp pulled up to the next site and the circus started. After several attempts to back in, a gaggle of kids poured and proceeded to run around yelling and screaming. The monster dish arose from the roof and commenced to scanning, the genny fired, Johnny Cash came on at 102 dba and the prison yard lights lit up the whole campground. By this time the women were yelling at spouses and offspring, the kids were fighting and from the sound of it the yahoos were well into the beer. I packed up and left, if I wanted to listen to that racket I would have stayed in the city.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Not in the campground,but on the way. Riding in the front shotgun seat of 1999 Ford F-250 4 door next to my brother in law (know it all) wife,and sister in law in back seat.Traveling down interstate at speed, slow to exit sister in law looks out window and laughs and says look at that pop up camper loose rolling into median. WELL... lucky no one was hurt. Navy rental office not finding any humor in that.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #31

Jayco Owners Club
Back about '75 we camped for a week at the Damsite Campsite on Beaver Lake in Arkansas. A group from a college that offered camping classes arrived the next day. Shortly after they set up, a thunderstorm wailed through, and we took our bass boat out and retrieved one couple's dome tent, from the middle of the lake. Seems the air matresses kept it all afloat...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I few years back we were having dinner when a large 5er rolled in...After watching the owner attempt to back into his site, but at times being at a 90 degree jack-knife position...on the pad or being in the ditch on the other side of the street, I couldn't stand it any more after about half hour. I would have helped him right off the bat, but my DW wouldn't let me do it. I just simply asked the driver if he wanted help. He was basically turning the wheel much too late and the wrong direction. I noticed others watching from their lawn chairs. I think I messed up their evening entertainment. I guess they can go back to watching RV The Movie.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #33

Set up next to a nice older couple once. I was jealous of the huge leafy hickory they were under. Leaves were turning orange in mid September. I watched out the window one evening as two squirrels came across the park, climbed the tree and within minutes were cutting hickory nuts. The cuttings were dropping down on the 5er roof, some obviously hitting the vent cover in the living area. The man came out several times and looked around up and down the park drive. I saw him watching out the window for a while. He even stared my way for a while. It got dark and I forgot about it til the next morning. I saw him outside bright and early looking around so I went out with my coffee to see if he needed help. I started the conversation with "are your little friends at it again?" His reply was"if I catch em, I'm gonna whip their little a--es." I realized quickly we weren't talking about the same think. I started looking up in the tree and he asked what I was looking for so I told him about the squirrels and nuts. He climbed his latter and looked across the top of the RV and I heard him vent a few expletives. He opened the door and called in to the lady telling her about the squirrels. She laughed so hard. He asked what was so funny and she squealed out "you called the office complaining about kids throwing rocks at the camper last night." He turned to me and said, "yeah, guess I need to walk up there and apologize."
I walked with him and we both had a good laugh when he told me he had been in the park 2 days when that shady hickory nut tree spot became available so he moved over to it.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #34

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I once watched a Doctor try to back his new 12 foot tall airstream into a 11 foot tall Garage... That was not at a campground though. I was putting a roof on said garage at the time (Well the house it was attached to).

You will see many strange things in CG's.. This one is not funny. Last summer I saw a group of people. including park manager near my rig on the road.. Well, seems some kids had gone for a walk down the road and keyed just about everything.. NOT sure if they hit my RV or not but did not at that time have a car.... On one they had what they thought was a nasty word but... One kid ask them what was going on.. he told them that was not the word they thought it was. It was his brother's tag signature (Graffiti artist). . Sure enough it was.... Thousands of dollars in property damage.. Oh well.. NOT my kid I can tell you.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #35

A group of guys go out with a pickup to gather firewood for our group campout - they came back with plenty of firewood, but the best thing was Dan tied to the hood like a deer with branches resembling antlers in his hat. We still call him BUCK 15 years later!
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #36

All I will say is; the young lady who liked to sit outside her coach topless. No one ever looked. Mo more to say!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hes4all View Post
All I will say is; the young lady who liked to sit outside her coach topless. No one ever looked. Mo more to say!
Police in New York last summer had to be reminded that it is NOT illegal for women to be topless, so stop trying to ticket or arrest them.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hes4all View Post
Couple weeks ago I was sitting in my 5er looking out the window enjoying the scenery. About 8 am when the DW got up and came i to the room and asked "whatcha looking at?" I replied. The naked lady next door. She looked over and sure enough, the lady in the class A that had moved in the night before had the shades in my side open and was working out naked.

Had to keep the shades DOWN on that side until they left.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hmmmm

Quote:
The naked lady next door.
And you told her this because why?

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #40

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebaldeagle View Post
Couple weeks ago I was sitting in my 5er looking out the window enjoying the scenery. About 8 am when the DW got up and came i to the room and asked "whatcha looking at?" I replied. The naked lady next door. She looked over and sure enough, the lady in the class A that had moved in the night before had the shades in my side open and was working out naked.

Had to keep the shades DOWN on that side until they left.
We were hosting in the Keys, and moving from one side of the park to another in a small electric car. We passed two female spring breakers topless, sunning themselves on the seawall.

My wife poked me in the ribs and said:"Did you see that?"

No, I missed it!!!!!! I must be slipping. My wife would not let me turn around either.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
My wife poked me in the ribs and said:"Did you see that?"
She's mean! Mine always points out the scenery before it's too late for a gawk. She's a keeper!
lymanlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtall View Post
And you told her this because why?
Thats funny!

Tags
campground

« RV length | papaw.1 »