Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2014, 04:45 AM   #1

Funny things seen in a campground

I know there are funny things you may have noticed after many years of camping. Here is mine:
We were at a small park that also has seasonal sites when this older couple arrived and set up on their lot in a 5th wheel.
The next day, he was un-hooking everything and loading it on his truck to, we thought, leave for some reason.
He pulled out and went down the park road and pulled into another site and, again, set up completely for the, we again thought, the summer.
Nope, not so. 2 days later loud words were coming from their campsite. Why, you might ask? He was hooking up his truck to his 5,er but wasn't unhooking electric or sewer, while still arguing with BH.
To everybodies surprise, he pulled out of the lot and took of down the road with electric, and sewer hose dragging on the ground and circled the entire campground looking for the perfect spot to satisfy the BH.
Apperently, none were to her liking and the last we saw him was in a cloud of dust exiting the campground.
senior-cit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2014, 06:02 AM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
That is why I always get my wife's approval of the site BEFORE backing in.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:09 AM   #3

IF I ever see your rig i'll just knock on your door and say "I think I like the look of your campsite and coach better, we'll just trade" ;D
Old 02-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
!

I remember watching a couple set up camp with a TT that started before 5PM and with the dinner/campfire prep, lasting well past 11PM. They also had five yappers a yapping, not happy to be in their portable corral. Was like watching a hundred clowns getting out of a VW bus...wondering where ALL that STUFF was coming from. Anyway, we got ready for bed around 11 and noticed they had just fired up their campfire...as I slid under the covers, I mentally thanked our noisy overhead A/Cs for their soothing hum and passed out.

As I poured that first cup around 8AM, I looked across the road and our neighbors had packed up and were GONE. All that, for a one night's stand??? Oh yeah, there's a clean up on 'isle' 25.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:10 AM   #5

Campfires

Many many years ago when we were tenting, we arrived late at night at a state park in Michigan for a weekend campout. After setting up we decided to have a campfire and roast some hotdogs and enjoy the fire. I fumbled around the area we were at and found enough wood to make a fire. All went well, we roasted the hotdogs,enjoyed the fire and retired for the night. The next morning, I looked at the wood that I had collected, and to my shock, it was poison shumack{spelling may not be right} we had burned, and breathed. Turned out to be an expensive weekend within a few days, visiting our doctor and hospital for breathing treatments. Boy, it did, however, make a beautiful campfire.
senior-cit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:59 AM   #6

One of the things we like about stopping early, is to watch the "action" as people come in for the night. You see just about every kind/color contraption. Ever watch the crazy action at a boat ramp ?? Same thing at the campground. You never know what you'll see.
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am just checking to see if any one is writing about me? Yeah and I used to own a boat!
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42
I am just checking to see if any one is writing about me? Yeah and I used to own a boat!
Think I saw something about you earlier - but looks like it was removed.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Think I saw something about you earlier - but looks like it was removed.

I love it!!!
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:46 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
We do camp hoisting at one of the local state parks. Our designated camp site sets in the center of a large section with full hookups so we see rigs of all descriptions. Large DP that arrive, set out a couple chairs and spend a week to small TT that arrive and unload every camping gadget at camping world and Wal-mart and stay for 2 days.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:03 AM   #11

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
We do camp hoisting at one of the local state parks. Our designated camp site sets in the center of a large section with full hookups so we see rigs of all descriptions. Large DP that arrive, set out a couple chairs and spend a week to small TT that arrive and unload every camping gadget at camping world and Wal-mart and stay for 2 days.
Us too. We have watched people come in with tents, and all the outdoors stuff including a small refrigerator. Takes them a good two hours to set up.
The next day they take it all down and leave!!!

I admit I am lazy but that is the height of ambition!!
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:11 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Us too. We have watched people come in with tents, and all the outdoors stuff including a small refrigerator. Takes them a good two hours to set up.
The next day they take it all down and leave!!!

I admit I am lazy but that is the height of ambition!!
Every so often I get the urge to do something like that. Usually, I sit down, open a beer and wait for the feeling to go away
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Million dollar Newell pulling old dodge caravan. I wish I would have taken pictures.
The Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #14

Several decades ago, watched as a shiny new Winnebago pulled in next to us. Didn't pay much attention until we noticed the unit repeatedly moving up and down. I don't know if they had manual leveling jacks, or "auto level", but the thing kept moving up to the highest level - almost off of the ground - then back down, only to repeat. We watched for some time, peeking between the window blinds and trying not to laugh, and finally went back to what we had been doing.

Everyone has to start their RV experience, so I hope this couple eventually learned how to level their rig...
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground

« RV length | papaw.1 »