Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwky View Post
Gone from tents all the way to Class C gas, to class A gas, now diesel pusher. Diesel is a whole different world of comfort. Be careful not to get bit by the diesel bug unless you're ready to upgrade. I got bit bad.

We used to yell at each other in the gassers to try to have a conversation going down the road. It was very loud. Now we can whisper at each other.

I'd rather drive my DP than drive any car, it's that comfortable.

We used to go blown around in the wind or by passing semi's. Now we do the blowing.

Best of luck.
It's comforting to know that diesel does not get pushed around by the wind or big rigs, good to know.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentor View Post
It's comforting to know that diesel does not get pushed around by the wind or big rigs, good to know.
I would not put too much weight in that comment. It's certainly true for some rigs, not so true with others....

Old 10-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
I would not put too much weight in that comment. It's certainly true for some rigs, not so true with others....

Very true. I've driven DPs that have been pushed around by trucks and crosswinds pretty badly. My current gasser is rock steady, in fact I've watched DPs in front of me get blown out of lanes while I was barely nudged in strong crosswinds.

The bottom line is that the engine has nothing to do with handling characteristics of a coach, instead it's is the chassis and suspension that matters when it comes to handling.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
It was just a tongue in cheek response implying that you just carry a can of diesel and be just fine.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #33

Sorry, the comment I was referring to was made by jdwky. Some DP rigs get pushed around pretty easily, especially if tires are not properly aired, and chassis maintenance not up to snuff.

His statement just a little too broad, and I'd hate to have somebody just getting their feet wet mislead because of it. I just wanted to qualify it a little? It's no secret. There's actually a lot of documentation on the subject.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Tiffin already does in its 32' Allegro Breeze.

Looked at it and the 28 ft which really fit the under 30 ft criteria. The layout of the 28 is not worth considering. The 32 is marginal. Then I looked at prices and figured out I could get what I want for $100,000 less. The difference pays for a lot of travel...

That gets me back to the size really matters in these choices. If one wants to go to a 40 ft give or take rolling house it's one thing. If one wants a 30 ft give or take cabin on wheels it's another world. Two very different markets.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #35

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a 38' and hate tripping over the console of the gasser . So far I have talked to 4 diesel mechanics and they said they would not own a diesel . I want one but I know my luck and I would get the one someone else had all the problems with whether it be fuel or engine.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #36

We will be headed to a new location monthly. (Because of work.) We are taking a large family so would love a Class C for the above cab bed but our travel needs have me concerned we should go reliable with a Class A diesel. What, from your experiences, would any of you suggest?
Old 10-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #37

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We just got back from our maiden voyage in our DP. Aside from a little step issue we'd never go back to gas. The ride and ease of operation in the DP is uncompromised.

Tags
diesel, gas