Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Windy City, have you seen the offerings from Jaguar and land Rover since the East Indian company bought those badges from Ford. I was watching a "Motoring 2012" episode just now and the new mother company has sure got that decrepit line back on track.

They are even producing a new two seater sports car that looks great; a tad over my financial ability but a great new car.

Toronto Auto Show 2012: Jaguar goes back to its sexy roots | Driving | National Post

The pictured proposed car at this Toronto show was announced at the Los Angeles (??) car show as a purchasable model. It isn't an XKE but it is a hell of a nice looking car.

I think North America has to get the bean counters back in cost accounting and get them the hell out of corporate decision making. Most accountants have very little vision beyond the bottom line.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I think North America has to get the bean counters back in cost accounting and get them the hell out of corporate decision making
That's the downfall of most business!

Quote:
I will say after a year or so I found the Camaro (and many other American models) to somewhat boring and lacking in design.
About 9 months later I bought an Audi S5
Going back to when Detroit had some balls, the muscle car was the hot ticket,
Back before that it was the Caddies and Packards and a few others with their class.
Look at the Tucker and Detroit destroyed it. To innovative for the Big3 to compete? But the Tucker was American ingenuity and it had class, and for the tank it was ran like a banshee.
Of course the true American Sports car is the Corvette.... Audi's, Porche and BMW need not apply.
Cars today have no class they're all Cookie Cutter. I have to laugh when I hear some kid in a souped up whatever coming down the street,,,sorta sounds like a wet fart coming down the road,,,,No throaty roar from the duals that once broke silence on the street.
Up until Ford came back with the Mustang and GM with the Camaro I would have had to say that the collector cars were done,,,not so now.
The Camaro has class and is a blast from the past. I'd be quite happy to find one of them sitting in a barn somewhere 30 -40 years from now.
You keep the Audi,,, I'll take the new Camaro anytime!
Just my thoughts

RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
I will say after a year or so I found the Camaro (and many other American models) to somewhat boring and lacking in design.
About 9 months later I bought an Audi S5
An Audi??? thats your answer to something that isnt boring and lack design..
Everyone of their cars look the same with the exception of the R8, oh and the TT which looks like a cross between a VW Beatle and a Nissan 370Z.
The only other manufacturer with less exciting designs would be Volvo or Subaru. (exception to the WRX).

I would take the new 585hp Camaro or Ford Mustang over an Audi anyday. And I'm a year younger than you.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #18

Well to each his own as there is no accounting for taste.

Sorry but I do own both and the Audi S5 is vastly superior to the Camaro in fit, finish, design and engineering.

Granted, it costs twice as much so you get what ya pay for.

The ZL-1 is not impressive as for a 4000# car the HP to weight ratio isn't that good.

My Camaro went from the dealer to Lingenfelter and the motor make +/-700 HP. It has more HP at the wheels than the ZL-1 has at the flywheel.

I guess you actually have to experience both to truly be able to know.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Well to each his own as there is no accounting for taste
Amen brother,,,,,That's why they make chocolate and vanilla! A Flavor for everybody!

I'll still take my Vette though!
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #20

I like Vettes too!

They are my wife's favorite vehicle.

She has a 08 C6 Roadster in immaculate condition in the garage. She takes better care of it than she does of me.

She makes sure we are at Bloomington Gold EVERY year!