Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #43

Generator that runs on water . . .

No offense to the people who state this should work, but my advice is that if they truly believe these products work, then they should spend a lot less time on forums calling people naysayers, get out their check books, and order one, or maybe even THREE! Or invest they life savings in the company IMMEDIATELY!

Don't wait until someone else buys the company! I'm willing to take the risk that in a year, they may be posting about how they are now independently wealthy!

Scot & Laura Kellersberger
2001 Newmar 4 wheel drive Dutch Star 3891, 2005 GMC Canyon. Demco Tow Bar & Baseplate U.S.Army (ret)
1985 - 2006
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2016, 08:43 AM   #44
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Perhaps this is a future show for MythBusters.
Unfortunately, Mythbusters just had it's final show a couple months ago Loved that show.

1998 Southwind Storm 34S
2015 Ford Focus Hatchback SE
Retired Air Force 1981-2006
69Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:55 PM   #45
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I think they should make the generator run off bullsh*t. They seem to have plenty of that.
That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks.
DanCFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #46
Actually--many large-scale dairy operations in Wisconsin are producing electricity as a by-product of bovine excretions. Guess it would be a bit of a challenge to scale it for use in an RV--too bad......
Old Scout
2003 40' MDTS
Garden Ridge, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:39 PM   #47
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
Actually--many large-scale dairy operations in Wisconsin are producing electricity as a by-product of bovine excretions. Guess it would be a bit of a challenge to scale it for use in an RV--too bad......
if only it would work in Washington
bulldog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:45 PM   #48

Umm...I have a bridge that goes from Manhatten to Brooklyn that I'll let you have for a song.
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:48 PM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by bulldog2 View Post
if only it would work in Washington
I don't think the roads could handle a car that could go 700 mph.
Mark Taylor
1999 Bounder 32H Ford V10, 2012 Ford Focus, Pretty DW, 2 cats. Retired USAF
mrt_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:50 PM   #50
I would really like to invest in this company. Sadly, all my money is currently tied up in Stark Industries.

Tony promises that the new Arc Reactor will be on the market soon.

The autoformer does not violate any laws of physics. It uses them (Inductance) to change voltage. Just like the hundreds of thousands that are mounted on utility power poles.
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #51
FWIW the issue with an autoformer is power. Power out = power in + losses. There is always some loss due to the wire resistance. If the output voltage is different than the input voltage then the currents are adjusted as needed.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:25 PM   #52
Fleetwood Owners Club
It's mid-2016 now, when they said they'd be selling them. They claim to be in the manufacturing phase and to be no longer accepting deposits due to excessive demand.

I don't buy it.

Why not?

It sounds like this is an HHO generator. Certainly, it's possible to build one. The problem is, can you build one that doesn't consume more electricity to perform the electrolysis than it can produce? I don't think the laws of thermodynamics allow for that.

If you google HHO scam, you'll find plenty of info about how what I suspect is the same technique this generator purports to use doesn't actually work.

That said, if you covered the entire roof of your motorhome with high-efficiency solar cells, *maybe* you could produce enough hydrogen and oxygen for this generator to have a net energy win, at least on a sunny day at high noon (or not; I don't know how much energy you could produce from solar panels on the roof of an MH). However, even then it would only work during the sunniest part of the day.

The other reason I'm skeptical of this is that if it were really possible, everyone would have been doing this, for a very long time. The principal of separating water into hydrogen and oxygen is very well understood and is not new technology. Electrolysis of water was first performed in 1800. If this were possible, cars would all be running on hydrogen, produced from water. The only argument anyone can make to that is to put on a tinfoil hat and state that the oil companies would never allow it. Sorry, but they'd have a hard time preventing the car companies from doing it, since it would make their product better and cheaper (so they could sell more) and would get the emissions controls monkey off their backs forever, since a vehicle that consumed only hydrogen and oxygen, which it produced itself from water, would have no emissions.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong on this - who wouldn't be - but I'm also certain I won't be.
JB, wife Thuy, 3 daughters, my dad, cats Lyn and Sami
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 35H/2009 Honda Odyssey toad
San Diego, California
bluegiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:09 PM   #53
I would burn diesel and keep water for drinking. Nothing is free.
BWStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:48 PM   #54
Monaco Owners Club
If you used a flux capacitor and did some time travel you could go back to the time when the Big Guy walked on water. Your generator might run on that water but I think I would believe in the first miracle.
Dennis & Marcie & Hook The Jack Russell, 2001 HR Imperial 38wds 350 Cummins, 07 Chevy Trailblazer/Blue Ox/Ready Brake, 04 Dodge 3500 Cummins,
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #55
Lot of gas here, enough to build and run a "flatulance" powered generator?
EV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:37 PM   #56
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The subject alone is enough to tell me not to waste time reading this thread.

2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote

fresh water, generator, tank, water