Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2014, 06:40 AM   #85

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn_Dave View Post
Actually that is the speed limit. The max you are supposed to go. On many freeways the minimum is also posted. That is so someone on a moped doesn't get run over
Or someone who is towing, carrying a large load, tractor/trailers, or simply someone who just doesn't like to support the oil companies. When commuting I always drive 60-65 despite the upper speed limit being 70 (the lower here is 45) - I get %15 better fuel economy at that speed over what I get doing 70.

- Randy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2014, 07:07 AM   #86

A few years ago the florida legislature passed a law ,along with all police and fire support to ticket left lane blockers. Our illustrious gov jeb bush ,at the time ,vetoed it ; he said those people just want to speed. Good ole jeb hasnt driven a car in 8 yrs and that state helicopter wizzes by at about 160 mph. He still has a chauffeur and is clueless about the minions.
You will find me in the right lane unless I'm passing ; except in downtown atlanta of course where its survival of the fittest or most intimidating.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #87

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
People that get mad at that also get mad if you are anywhere that is in their way...

If you are in the right lane going the speed limit, they will ride your tail to try to intermediate you into going faster rather than passing you on the left.

People, especially younger drivers, are prone to be more aggressive today. We teach our young people to be aggressive and people will get out of your way. It is a common theme in current society to disrespect everyone. People are detached from any concern for others in this "ME" centric society today.

The more technology impedes the development of interpersonal relationships, and respect for others, the more we see things like when someone takes a gun and blows away another driver because they were not doing what they thought that they should.

I am even amazed as I read this thread just how angry people are at others, without regard for, or any understanding for what the other persons situation may be. It really don't matter because they think that other person is intentionally trying to impeding their ability to speed down the road and go faster than the other person is going.

What is really striking to me is that some folks seem to think that it is acceptable to feel this way, even a righteous cause.

Funny, here I am..... I've being caught up in what I normally find entertaining, laughable, gibberish. I love to watch (read) people duke it out from the safety of their keyboards. Along with some good information I get from this site, I also receive entertainment from the occasional absurdities.

" People that get mad at that also get mad if you are anywhere that is in their way..."
WOW, are you speaking in generalities here, maybe just a little ?
LOL......
All of them will even " intermediate " you in the right lane ? I think you meant intimidate..... but who's counting. Again, generalities.
" We teach our young to be aggressive " ? WE ? Simple response... no WE don't ! My kids are doing just fine as a teacher and in Med. school as tree hugging pacifist.
Technology impedes the development of interpersonal relationships......
Your not helping interpersonal relationships from the keyboard technology it took to write your reply. So I tend to agree with you on that one.
" Amazed at how angry people get " ? Me too. That's why I love this little smiley face.......

So, keep right except to pass. IT'S THE LAW ! Not to mention, common sense, courteous, and respectful of others.
greg6746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:19 AM   #88

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
LOL Except for Atlanta, of course.
greg6746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:18 AM   #89

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg6746 View Post
Funny, here I am..... I've being caught up in what I normally find entertaining, laughable, gibberish....
Yep, so am I.... LOL, HAHA, Hehe
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #90

It's called a fast lane if your not going 10 or over get out of that lane thanks.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #91

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
It's called a fast lane if your not going 10 or over get out of that lane thanks.
I guess the drivers are slower where you live, but around here, 10 over is the slow lane..... Lol
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #92

I learned to drive in Germany and the rule and common courtesy is you do not use the left hand lane, however if you do and are going 100 miles an hour over the speed limit and someone wants to pass you you move over. Good for Georgia.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #93

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree! I am always in the right lane. Let people with a need to go faster use the other lanes. I try very hard not to be in a hurry.
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #94

I commute 100 miles per day. I set cruise control to 65 mph and stay in the right lane except to pass. I am convinced that, and nobody can change my mind, that there are more problem speeders than slow poke left lane hogs on the road. I constantly witness speeders harrasing other speeders. I thinks it's psychological problem.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #95

Jayco Owners Club

Plugging the passing lane, inattentive driving, tailgating. Both parties think they are doing the correct thing.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:36 PM   #96

I just hate drivers, and that includes RV drivers, that drive on cruise and pull over and do not accelerate and hangs for a long time passing a car or a truck.
I followed a former truck driver that did the same for a while he drove everyone made. He was driving a Chrysler Magnum at the time. I was ready to pass him and let him go. But he was the one showing me where we were going. I told him where did you learn how to drive on the hiway. Was was boiling mad. He was dangerous on the highway. And With 23K pounds I accelerate to pass cars all the time.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:27 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I guess the drivers are slower where you live, but around here, 10 over is the slow lane..... Lol
Where I live it's 70 so 80 is minimum to whatever on special occasions if someone pulls aside and wants to stretch their cars legs.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #98

Newmar Owners Club
Great job Georgia people drive in passing lane creating traffic flow blocks. I don't understand why people want to stay in the passing lane If I blow a tire I would rather try to ease off to the shoulder from the right than try to cross over .