Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #57

Gulf Streamers Club
I hope that crash effected the gene pool.

ronspradley

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #58

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1968 View Post
I think SPEEDERS should be executed in public... The LAW is the law...
Actually,,, many of them are.. I have sent many a trooper to many a fatal accident where the primary cause was speed too fast for conditions.. And the conditions were good for well over the speed limit.

But EXCESSIVE speed (Speed too fast for conditions) is basically the only cause of accidents.. That said, Some conditions (Intoxicated driver for example) the proper speed is ZERO miles per day. (That is any motion is speed too fast).

I still remember one of our crew operating a camera and focusing on the freeway "That's a body part, And that's a body part, And thats a body part"

And what we though was a skid marik.... The driver's blood.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotec View Post

And I'll tell you this. If the right lane is beating my expensive coach up and the left is smoother, I'm gonna switch to the left...you can depend on it. Though I won't travel slower than the speed limit or fail to move right to allow traffic to pass.

Well said, couldn't agree more!!!!
daleworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #60

Have you ever been going down Interstate come up on a slow car pull out to pass and about that time all these people that are in hurry will start to pass you in the slow lane and you can not get back over. Will I get the ticket or the one that passes on the right and want let me back?
ccrider, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
When I took my drivers test many moons ago I was taught then that you stay left unless you are passing. I thought it was already the law.

I can't tell you how many times I have been cut off by someone swerving in front of me to get around some oblivious jerk in the fast lane. When you are driving along with multiple axles and 120,000 lbs it is not funny.
These jerks are as bad as the speeders for putting innocent drivers at risk. Move over and get the ???? out of the way. It is better to let the speeders crash up ahead of you and have time to stop and avoid them, than to involve you and others in his crash.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #62

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider, View Post
Have you ever been going down Interstate come up on a slow car pull out to pass and about that time all these people that are in hurry will start to pass you in the slow lane and you can not get back over. Will I get the ticket or the one that passes on the right and want let me back?
That is more likely to happen with an RV too. People don't want to get "stuck" behind a slow moving, tall vehicle. I find it nerve wracking trying to get back to the right lane with a steady stream of cars not wanting to let me back in.
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #63

Someone mentioned Colorado's law - it only takes effect if the speed limit is 65 or over. In that case, the left lane becomes a passing lane. Speed limit is not affected. I have seen it enforced. Gleefully so.
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Georgia is one signature away from passing this new law that criminalizes driving in the fast lane. Even if you are driving the speed limit, and a faster car approaches, you are required to move over and allow the speeder to continue on their way unimpeded. MSN Entertainment - What does that say about Georgia enforcing speeding laws?
It says they MAY have a new law if they get one more signature. If they get that:

Will they allocated funds for enforcement? Will the law change how folks drive?

My opinion is no and no. The issue is totally moot.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:10 AM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
Actually it is not necessarily speeding that causes accidents so much as the difference in speed-within reason. If 85% of traffic is doing 10mph over the speed limit, and 2% are attempting to do in excess of 30mph over the speed limit-that is the danger. As to the slow driver-they are as ignorant, bullying, and aggressive as the tailgater. The only difference between them is 20 feet- the average distance from their rear bumper and the tailgaters front bumper. They are both trying to act as traffic monitors. As to the Ga law-good on them, I hope it only helps to get some of the knuckle draggers off the road.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Sometimes we don't need laws to serve up a little justice...

QUOTE=Francesca;1966505]Maybe not always....

[/QUOTE]

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Old 03-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #68

Good thing it stayed on the guard rail, there might have been a real mess. The major highways here are posted stay right except to pass but I don't know if it is enforced. It would allow an LEO to pull someone over if both lanes were being impeded.
We normally travel in the right lane, it eliminates the right rear blind spot and allows faster traffic to overtake easily. It's not my job to police the highway by forcing traffic to slow down, besides, they may do something stupid and cause me problems. I can get in enough trouble without any help. I did take the chance of getting ticketed on I-84 between Pocatello and Boise, the right lane was so rough it nearly shook my fillings loose. I was driving an unloaded five ton truck.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:44 AM   #69

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On the road between Anchorage and Seward in Alaska signs are posted that if there are five vehicles behind you to pull over. I don't know for sure if it is enforced or not but I saw people obeying it.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:25 AM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
A new law will have minimal impact. Society has a developed a "me" mentality. Everything should evolve around "me". It may sound simplistic to some, but what we all need to do is return to a "golden rule" society. This would end many of society's problems!

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote