Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2016, 11:55 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Hey possum were ya been? I thought we were going to meet up in Quartzsite???
I'm down in Yuma now. We went up Lake Hasavu(sp) several times for Doc appointments to get our meds but in the toad.
Sorry we didn't get to meet up.
Tim
We will be in the area of northern Arizona for the next couple of weeks and then in Dead Horse State park for then first three days of April then north to home. Maybe we all can meet up on the route north.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Possum,

Sorry you had this issue. It seems every day there is some type of mishap on the roads that could be prevented with a bit of caution or restraint.

People seem so distracted while driving and there are so many unnecessary accidents".

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #17

I love while you are following a friend, not completely knowing the direction and they drive fast, cutting in and out of lanes, stick you in compromising positions.... Meanwhile your not sure if the lane change is because of a turnoff or highway split. Now I always GPS my final destination so I can drive within my comfort zone, Keeping up is no fun.
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:03 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
We will be in the area of northern Arizona for the next couple of weeks and then in Dead Horse State park for then first three days of April then north to home. Maybe we all can meet up on the route north.
We have to drive up to Lake Hasavu City on the 25th for Doctor appointment's and med pickup. How far are you from there? Its about 160 miles one way for us.
Otherwise we are heading home on the 1st of April back up to Lake Hasavu to catch 40 east. The other guy we met (Were at the same RV park now) is from BC also Nice guy.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:07 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobioknight View Post
I love while you are following a friend, not completely knowing the direction and they drive fast, cutting in and out of lanes, stick you in compromising positions.... Meanwhile your not sure if the lane change is because of a turnoff or highway split. Now I always GPS my final destination so I can drive within my comfort zone, Keeping up is no fun.
Not sure I trust our GPS the first time we used it all it did was told us to turn left and we went around the block, ended up at the same spot we started from.
Honest to God, True.
I look at the Road Atlas now before we leave out on a outing.

Tim
Old 03-07-2016, 09:30 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
We did ONE trip running with someone else and it was a nightmare - in cars, it's bothersome, in RV's with toads it's worse !!!

one too fast, one too slow, and so all got there late and frazzled so we always say 'Meet ya there ' because I don't want anyone to be put in a compromised position were they have to drive over their capabilities like our irv2 friend did to you...

Tim,
MOST gps issues are related to old maps or settings like no Uturn, etc... (but some are because of inferior mapping algorithms from inferior companies)

so....
If you have a Garmin, update your maps and the configuration/preferences on your gps (brand new gps's come with outdated maps )

If not, get a garmin rv 760 or later
Old 03-07-2016, 11:32 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks, it is a Garman and we reprogramed it, took almost 12 hours to do.
Tim
Old 03-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
On or about February 25th my wife and I were northbound traveling through Needles on our way to Bullhead City. You and your companion were traveling in the same direction and passed us just as we left the city limits. Your companion passed properly and didn't attempt to get back in the right lane until he and his toad were well clear of our unit. You on the other hand decided to cut over when your rear end was still beside me and your toad was alongside our motor home.

You were extremely lucky that your Jayco and CRV were not involved in one heck of a fender bender. I pulled off the road to change underwear and then proceeded on our way. I don't travel fast but at Lake Havasu I pulled along side of you as you turned into the campground you were headed to and that's when I noticed your IRV2 sticker.

Mistakes happen but I believe you may focus too much on keeping up with your buddy and not watch what's going on around you. I waited to post this because I didn't want to be too angry when I wrote. Please fella do the rest of us a favour and please remember that it matters that the 30 or so seconds it would have taken for you to determine if you were clear of me and it was safe to pull over. If I didn't have great brakes neither of us would have still been enjoying our travel time.

Please slow down and look around you when you are wandering the highways and byways,

I commend you on your self-restraint and avoiding what could have been an ugly confrontation.

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:19 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I commend you on your self-restraint and avoiding what could have been an ugly confrontation.
Thanks Joe.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:31 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsm View Post
Don't be a HuffyPuff, (remember him ?) Get a dash cam, they are grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.
Please enlighten me as to how a dash cam would change what happened. Possum was awake and alert and avoided a big problem. The dash came doesn't drive the rig, but Possum did!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 09:23 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Thanks, it is a Garman and we reprogramed it, took almost 12 hours to do.
Tim

Depending on which Garmin you have, the reprogramming probably took 10 minutes, it's the new maps that takes a while...
if on a FAST internet maybe an hour, on a slow one much longer !!!
but well worth it, Garmin usually releases new maps about every quarter....
Old 03-09-2016, 11:37 AM   #26
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by t55watson View Post
Please enlighten me as to how a dash cam would change what happened. Possum was awake and alert and avoided a big problem. The dash came doesn't drive the rig, but Possum did!!!

He would probably have gotten the tag number and a description!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
We did ONE trip running with someone else and it was a nightmare - in cars, it's bothersome, in RV's with toads it's worse !!!

one too fast, one too slow, and so all got there late and frazzled so we always say 'Meet ya there ' because I don't want anyone to be put in a compromised position were they have to drive over their capabilities like our irv2 friend did to you...
+1 I learned a long time ago not to try and travel distance while relying on keeping another party in sight. Every time I do, a traffic light seems to change just as the leader enters an intersection. Pulling over and waiting isn't always possible. Fortunately, GPS and cellphones have made that not necessary anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
I'll tell you it gave me great satisfaction to confront him right then and there about his cloud of useless dust. He was speechless.
Had that been me you confronted, I would have pointed out that instead of expecting me to stop because you didn't like the dust, YOU could have stopped instead and waited for the dust to clear. Dust happens, deal with it.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #28

I don't see any reason for the guy to post an apology on here, but a PM to the OP would definitely be appropriate.