Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2015, 12:17 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Have a friend who got his first RV there and part of the sale was for them hold it until they sold the house. He did not know dealer kept calling his wife and threatened her they would have toad if they did not pick it up.
(He has been sales some 30years) He went to the dealer got the manager and said if that salesperson called his wife just one more time he come back and they would have to call the EMT. Manager stuck to the sales deal.
Fade about 3or4years and he went back to this same dealer and got a new one.
Alls well that end's well.
Beak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2015, 02:46 PM   #16

My email to some people:

Slide: number 2 motor not working and a wiring problem via error codes on controller. Slide stuck, recovery process only brought in the rear. You did not diagnose this even when told slide had stuck before.

Missed bulge in ceiling paper near kitchen sink.

Tank gauges: black tank shows 1/3 when empty.

Rear facing camera: on off quit after 5 miles.

Batteries totally discharged and inverter turned on when motorhome plugged into 120.

Existing converter is not capable of charging a dead battery this requires special equipment.

Installing an inverter, Trojan batteries and a BatteryMinder does not void a Thor Warranty. Neither does putting in a better converter.

Update:

Further diagnosis with Thor's help - a bad slide controller, new one on the way.

Rear facing camera is now working and may be related to the dead batteries on pickup. It is a very long thin wire to the camera so that fits. Thor sent me a quick and easy troubleshooting checklist.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:39 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Giant RV Colton - beware

This is typical for Giant RV, their Montclair location is no better. After countless delays with my last repair, I drove to the service department on a daily basis, making a nuisance of myself. Luckily they are close to home. They finally got the hint and expedited my repair. I was only there because it was a large repair that my preferred RV repair shop couldn't handle.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:04 AM   #18

Thor gave me several names of other warranty locations but with the help of their warranty department I think I can resolve the slide issue when the new controller arrives. I think Giant and I are done. They seem to have no concept of the happy customer.

One thing I am noticing is the modular component concept which can be diagnosed and repaired or replaced.

May the service force be with you.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Man View Post
This is typical for Giant RV, their Montclair location is no better. After countless delays with my last repair, I drove to the service department on a daily basis, making a nuisance of myself. Luckily they are close to home. They finally got the hint and expedited my repair. I was only there because it was a large repair that my preferred RV repair shop couldn't handle.

Craig
Sounds like what I have been going through. I don't like to bash but Mike Thompson's is no better than this. It has taken over 3 months to get some of the dumbest things resolved. I even had to do some of the work myself.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:37 AM   #20

We are really lucky with our HitchHiker. When they stopped production, they kept their service center open to make sure HitchHikers under warranty would be accommodated if necessary. They have morphed into Kansas RV and their service center is booming. We make an appointment, arrive on the appointed date, and a team is assigned to our unit. A rep discusses all the work to be done and the team starts work immediately. Some jobs take multiple days and your rig is returned to you for the night if at all possible. There is a city campground nearby with 2 days free camping. I believe they only work on 5th wheels and you have to go to Kansas for service. However, they provide the best aftermarket service I have ever encountered. It seems many RV dealers do not provide this level of service.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote