RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2019, 02:02 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Glassware, which to keep? Advice please

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190128_113331.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	233361 Deciding which glassware to keep and use for Fulltiming. when we downsized for selling our B &S we put the good stuff into the kitchen to use for everyday, what were we saving it for?!. It is lighter weight and a bit fragile but much nicer to drink out of an adult glass. Then there are the parents Longchamps complete set of everything which is only thing I kept of their stuff. It is heavier duty and actually leaded crystal. So it can only be hand washed..and we will no longer have dishwsher. See attached photo

Want to continue to drink out of the better pretty stuff (again it is about not saving for only special just use it or get rid of it) and if it gets broken no biggie. But which to choose to keep and use in the RV for our new life adventure?. (a limited number of course). I am ok on how to keep safe while driving, it is which type of the 2 choices I have.

Opinions or advice please. Hope I attached correctly. Appreciate help with this silly thing.

RTVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2019, 02:09 PM   #2

Got to the liquor store and get some of their boxes to keep them separated......

Old 10-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Got to the liquor store and get some of their boxes to keep them separated......

I'm not sure that that answers the OP's question. I too am looking for suggestions. We tend to go through a lot of glasses but it isn't necessarily while traveling. Maybe they just make glasses cheaper these days but most times they simply break while the DW is hand washing them.

We started out with plastic glasses but they get cloudy and look dirty even when clean. Is there anything like Corelle for glassware?
DruidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #4

Our "go-to" drinkware is RSC. As to your question I'd us the good stuff. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191014-084649_Google.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	263552
Old 10-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #5

I use red Solo cups. Or whichever brand is readily available, but always go with red. Other colors are abominations.

Real glassware is just too fragile for me. If you're looking for something more permanent, go with plastic or porcelain of some kind.
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:43 PM   #6

We carry real glassware for the times we go to rallies or want a real drink. For campfires, general friends etc, I use my trusty steel tumbler or the insulated Solo cup. For some reason, box wine is fine in whatever you want to drink it out of, but when you get more expensive stuff, you gotta have glass. Same with Scotch, Whisky (Scottish), etc
rollondown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #7

We have ALWAYS used REAL glasses....tent camping/camper/RVs

Can't stand Solo Cups/Styrofoam etc
Can't stand paper plates or plastic spoons/folks/knives

We use Corelle plates/bowls and Glass Tumblers
Heck..when we FTd we carried/used Nortake China

Out of the 2 tumbler options in your picture.....
Like the one on right with the design etched in it

ENJOY your NEW LIFE ADVENTURE!

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice