Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My thanks to all that responded. Dogs and pets, whatever you have become family and the loss of a family member is so hard. Sasha was our last dog, just cannot go through this again. She just loved camping and meeting people. She was my little girl. Our camping Rv's were always bought with her in mind, whatever made her at home and happy. The very best to all of you and safe travels. Thanks for your support. Tearing up again.

Bruce & Nancy
FMCA F280542
2004 Bounder 35E
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
Bruce, We never forget. Sad reading these posts. Always brings back that last moments memory.

John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #17
Originally Posted by Bruce C
If there is a heaven for dogs she's there, and earned her way in.
And you and your family have also earned a place in heaven, for giving your unconditional love to a beautiful dog.
[B]BichonLover is a 100% California gal, driving a vintage Fleetwood in SoCal.
BichonLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bruce and Nancy--my sincerest condolences to you on the loss of your precious Sasha. She will always live in your hearts, though the pain of loss will be with you for a while. We had to put down our precious Yorkie, Spike, about 4 years ago and it was the worst day of our lives. I swear I could still hear his little toenails clicking on the floor for months after his death.

We said we would never have another, but about a year after Spike died, I accompanied a friend who was looking for a puppy for herself. Well...you can imagine how THAT went. I took one look at a tiny black furball and my heart was no longer mine. We have had Harry for over 3 years now and he has a much different disposition than Spike, but we love him just as much. Hopefully one day you will decide it's time to share your life with another small furry friend who needs a good home. Best wishes and may you find comfort in your memories.
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #19
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. As with many others it reminded us of those we have lost.

In time another will bless you with its love.
99 F-350 4X4 PSD pulling a 24' Nash travel trailer
JRNOLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
One of the hardest things in life to do. Thinking of several wonderful companions we enjoyed, I can certainly feel your loss.
The great memories are cherished forever.
Sealevel Ram, 2004 Ultimate Freedom
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green
Sealevel Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #21
Please accept our sincerest condolences, We have had to three put down, 1 year apart. All were between 12-16 years. Never thought we'd have another....but we do & she's as special as all the others.
CSM, U.S. Army, Retired, Combat Vet, and proud of it!! Live a good life....it's not the number of years in your life....it's the LIFE in those years that matters!
longarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #22
Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We're on our 5th rescue; I swore when each of the first 4 had to be put down we would NEVER get another....Tears your heart out in ways a non dog person could never understand.
So sorry to hear of your loss. The thought and the memories bring back tears I thought I had long ago put away.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:48 AM   #23
Sorry for your loss. We had a Catahoula Kerr for 13 years. We had to put her down 20 years ago and still hurts today. Now we enjoy our granddog Opey, that our son and his wife have and Sugar that our daughter and 2 grandsons have.

Jymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #24
Monaco Owners Club
I know your pain, last week I had to stay with my sons 9 year old Lab while the vet did the injection. My son just couldn't do it. I had to do that for my own Lab 10 years ago. You never ever forget them. It's a duty we pet lovers have. Lab's name was Jethro, rest in peace Jethro and Sasha!!
Dennis & Marcie & Hook The Jack Russell, 2001 HR Imperial 38wds 350 Cummins, 07 Chevy Trailblazer/Blue Ox/Ready Brake, 04 Dodge 3500 Cummins,
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
So sorry for your loss, Bruce. Our pets become our companions. They don't judge us. They're loyal to a fault. They can sense when you're down and are always there for you. No doubt your little one left a void that may never fully be filled, but do know you did the right thing.

Will keep you in my thoughts.

2007 Newmar Mountain Aire - 4528, Custom
24' ATC Enclosed Car Hauler
LindyT is offline   Reply With Quote