Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gone but will never be forgotten

I had to call a vet friend last night to do something that is so hard to do. Put my beautiful Sasha to sleep. Done at my house and in my arms. She was all that any person could ask for in a friend and I doubt if I'll ever get over her. She loved people, kids, other dogs, just a sweetheart. Abused in the past [were her third owner] but found a home and couldn't get enough of us. We had her for six years. I'm almost seventy and not a softy but I sit now with tears running down face and miss my little girl. If there is a heaven for dogs she's there, and earned her way in. Sorry if this posting offends anyone but had to somehow vent and ease the pain.

US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #2

Bruce and Nancy, please accept our sincerest condolences. We know what you are going through and time will heal your pain. Sasha has a permanent place in your hearts and will be there till eternity. May God richly bless you and Sasha thanks you for the beautiful home that you made for her. Binnie and Wanda

Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Believe me, I know how you feel. On January 30th we had to put down our precious Sheltie AnnaBelle at only 7 years of age due to cancer that had been diagnosed on December 26th (what a Christmas present!). We were sitting on a blanket in the sun and gentle breeze in the grass behind the vet's office with AnnaBelle in Dad's lap when the vet gave the injections - after all, she was Dad's little princess. It tears your heart out.

Treasure the memories and know that you gave her the best life she had ever known.

Rusty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AnnaBelle Last Photo.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	18544  
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bruce, I am so sorry for your loss. I had to do the same thing for one of my dogs in the past. The vet gave her the shot and she passed while in my arms. There was no pain for her. I also cried like a baby. Time has a way of healing our pains.
Be strong and look at all the good times you had with pet.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First, our sincere sympathy in your loss.
We know the feeling, believe me. It will be hard for a while but just and remember all the fun you had together. Time will heal your pain. Take Care.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So sorry for your loss. I put our Molly down August 16th, 2011 as she was 17 and also had been abused by prior owners. She was part of our family and I too cried for several days. Time does help but memories will remain. Just know you gave her the life she deserved and she left this world knowing she was Loved.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #7

Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of a family member.

I truly understand your pain and anguish as I went through this with my two standard Poodles, Skylar and Tiggi, who passed within a month of each other. Both died in my arms, and even now, six years later, I still miss them both deeply.

We have three new family members, Apache, Joy and Pearl, and am not looking forward to the time when God will call them home as well.

We will keep you in our thoughts and Prayers during this difficult time.............Rob

Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce C View Post
I had to call a vet friend last night to do something that is so hard to do. Put my beautiful Sasha to sleep. Done at my house and in my arms. She was all that any person could ask for in a friend and I doubt if I'll ever get over her. She loved people, kids, other dogs, just a sweetheart. Abused in the past [were her third owner] but found a home and couldn't get enough of us. We had her for six years. I'm almost seventy and not a softy but I sit now with tears running down face and miss my little girl. If there is a heaven for dogs she's there, and earned her way in. Sorry if this posting offends anyone but had to somehow vent and ease the pain.

Bruce, I sent an email to you. So, so sorry.

Here is an eternal candle for three of my lost souls. It helps to have them posted here....

http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com/per...e.php?ID=37709

Kent
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #9

I had to put my dog down just over 4 years ago. My eyes tear up even now when thinking about her.

Will never own another dog as I would not want to go thru the heartache again; just too much to bear. I feel your pain.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodann View Post
I had to put my dog down just over 4 years ago. My eyes tear up even now when thinking about her.

Will never own another dog as I would not want to go thru the heartache again; just too much to bear. I feel your pain.
I know Jodann too much what you feel. I have had friends tell me in the months after a loss and looking for another soul that needs my love and a good home, "Why would you want to go through that again? Why are you setting yourself up for another heartache?" And I think to myself, why do I? My answer is that there is another little soul out there, in search of and so badly needing my love, compassion, and a solid foundation for his or her life. So I sacrifice again, knowing the time will come eventually that I may have to go through the horror and grief of loss, but also knowing that if I can point to no other deed I accomplished on this earth, I was able to save another little soul and provide him or her a wonderful and advantaged life.

I know, sounds very melodramatic, but its my core, raw and exposed.
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Bruce and Nancy, I am so sorry. It is never easy to let a loved one go. My DH also held our Bear in his arms and cried. It took me several years for him to let me adopt another dog, and then DH rescued an abandoned 4-5 week old kitten. We still think often of our Bear and know he is pain free now and roaming the woods of heaven. Will keep you in our prayers.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Bruce & Nancy, sorry for the loss of your beloved Sasha. Blessings to you during this time of sorrow. I had to put my belove Rat Terrier , Skipper, down 3 yrs. ago, he was 17 yrs. 7 months . I had him since he was 6 weeks old, one of the hardest decisions we ever had to make. I think of him every day, and miss him so much. It took almost 2 yrs. before we decided to adopt another dog from a local rescue group, Berlyn, a red Doberman Pinscher, has become a beloved member of our family. Berlyn didn't replace my Skipper, but we felt we had enough love to share with another dog who needed love and a home.Blessings to you.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Jodann, Blessings to you . We never get over losing a beloved member of our families. Sorry for the loss of your dog. We all heal at a different rate. Take it one day at a time.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #14

We're so sorry to hear about your loss. Your post brought us to tears thinking about our girl.