Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #1

My son just purchased his first new car. He is so excited with the new wheels. The only issue is the "new car" insurance costs. We have been State Farm customers forever but he is on a limited budget and I told him to check around to see if he can find a better deal. My only concern with many companies is what happens if you submit a claim? State Farm has been great over the years with claims but you pay for what you get.

My questions is, what companies should he check with that will treat him right if he has a claim? There are some out there, that advertise heavily on TV, that don't have a good reputation and I have eliminated them from the list.

Suggestions?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #2

My son just purchased his first new car. He is so excited with the new wheels. The only issue is the "new car" insurance costs. We have been State Farm customers forever but he is on a limited budget and I told him to check around to see if he can find a better deal. My only concern with many companies is what happens if you submit a claim? State Farm has been great over the years with claims but you pay for what you get.

My questions is, what companies should he check with that will treat him right if he has a claim? There are some out there, that advertise heavily on TV, that don't have a good reputation and I have eliminated them from the list.

Suggestions?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I've had State Farm once and never again. If you have a clean driving record I would suggest looking at Erie Insurance. They have the best rates here in Virginia.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I would take a look at Progressive, they have always been great for us.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #5

I've been using Amica since I started driving. I have life and homeowners policies with them as well. They have been wonderful to deal with over the years. I know they are big in New England, not sure about any other areas of the country.
lucas874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We also had Allstate for many years. Decided to check around for better rates. Ended up with Liberty Mutual. Saved over $1000 per year with cars and house.

Had the truck financed through a local credit union. Got some info with monthly statement about Amica. Submitted info for house and vehicles. We were approved by Amica. Cut our premiums in half. They are VERY particular about who they insure though. Check them out .
Iceman567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

I have had very good results with State Farm for many years....

Insurance is subject to age, driver's records,geographic location, year of car and so forth.....

This is a tough subject to both compare and debate based on the subjective nature of the data and the fact that everyone's data will differ.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:31 PM   #8

I have had State Farm for 40 years and swear by them. They are not the cheapest but service has always been excellent. Put my daughter on the policy at 16, 2 weeks later she demolished the car. No question asked they paid the damages and she is still with them 15 years later.

2004 Infinity 36A
Kissimmee Kids is offline   Reply With Quote