Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #15
Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
There was a lot of wine consumed in Graham Kerr's early shows and, at times, he appeared somewhat intoxicated. None the less, he was interesting as well as entertaining to watch.

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Standard Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #16
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Recently we have been seeing a number of ads for "Bob Evans" sausage. I like sausage too so BW bought some. It is pretty good but we prefer Jimmy Dean. The Evans is too 'dull'. Jimmy Dean has some kick to it and being from the SouthWest, that is the taste.

Wretched excess is just barely enough.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
...The Evans is too 'dull'.
BE has a zesty hot sausage flavor that we buy (look for the red colored sausage roll instead of the regular white one). It's got just the right zing for me & is a good addition to chili & lasagna. They've also got an Italian blend - a bit more spice than the regular but not as good as the zesty hot.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #18
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
Graham Kerr (also known as "The Galloping Gourmet") ... but I believe he had a bunch of stents put in his wife had suffered a heart attack and stroke...he has since changed his cooking habits - but he is still on TV!
Where? what cable or channel or whatever?
I'd really enjoy watching him again.

BTW my wife had a stroke too a few years back but I still eat eggs
Still if "we are what we eat" I wanna be Zabaglione or Bananas Foster.
k-belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Originally Posted by k-belly View Post
Where? what cable or channel or whatever?
I'd really enjoy watching him again.

BTW my wife had a stroke too a few years back but I still eat eggs
Still if "we are what we eat" I wanna be Zabaglione or Bananas Foster.
k-belly - I searched online for a schedule for you and found nothing. I then went back and looked at the HTML on the web page link that I provided. The last update to the web page was back in March of 2008. It looks to be that the show has been dropped. It is too bad -I would have watched it also...
*MonacoMama with the 2 Pins & SacsTC Nearby*
*2007 Monaco Diplomat 40' SFT<>2006 Chevy VortecMax Toad<>2006 Buick Lucerne Leading the Way*
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
If it isn't on TV anymore it is still on youtube Here are some videos for you Galloping Gourmet fans YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #21
Jayco Owners Club

Graham Kerr
2016 Jayco White Hawk 27dsrl
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 diesel 4x4
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #22
I haven't had the heart attack (got the stent) and, not wanting to, am a little careful. Doc says "no eggs" so I evolved a standard breakfast:
"fake eggs" in an omelet with "fake cheese" and turkey sausage patties. Cook the eggs with a preheated sausage patty cut up into small pieces and then lay the slice of cheese on a low carb tortilla and put it in the pan under the omelet.
As soon as the cheese melts, fold and eat.
Tastes Good! and is healthy.
Ernie n Tara

Remember! Life is not a rehearsal!
Ernie n Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #23
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Re: Exercise... As it happens I like riding my bicycle, plus some years ago wife got me a nice one for Christmas. Problem is,, IN Detroit, there are not a lot of nice places to rid to or safe places to just ride.

Well.. Since I have not paid my Hughes I-net bill I'm having to ride to the Family center in the park most of the time to get online every day... In one park it's rough up and down roads (not very up and down but never the less up and down) the other I have to cross a high dome bridge.

When I first moved into the motor home and went full time I'd reach that bridge and it's downshift the 18 speed bike into like 3rd (Low range in the front and 2 or 3 in the back) Last week it was Middle gea in the front and 3rd in the back (That's going from slowest to fastest in both cases)

I tell folks the bearings on the wheels are getting the rust worn off and are now smoother.. and In truth I did a bit of "Truing" on the wheel.

but I think the 15 pounds less of me when I visited the Doctor WED (As compared to when I last visited him) has a lot to do with it too

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote