Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #15

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Cummins is really good about standing behind their warranty for the 5 years it is covered...then its over!
Do some on line research as I seem to remember Cummins had a turbo problem in that time frame as a matter of fact I had to have a new one installed in 2008. (400HP ISL)

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #16

After sleeping on this I realize the big picture is this somebody is not telling me the truth Good Sam is saying one thing and the Shop is saying something else. Now the truth is the truth we all know that and it seems to me the truth is there is some funny business someplace!!!! When I get to the bottom of this I am sure I will laugh all the way to court! I am tired of companies like Good Sam walking on top of people just because they think they can. And companies like Cummins that say well the computer tells us this, this, and this. I guess we all have to take a stand sometime.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping fam View Post
The Turbo is a Holset HY35V

A reman one from cummins is $2347

For Cummins Atlantic to put it in its $3600

To have it rebuilt without replacing electronic actuator $375 plus s/h

and the funny thing is Cummins Atlantic already has one sitting there in stock.
Um.. purchasing it directly from Cummins is asking to bent over. Their prices are absolutely ridiculous. I found one here in Columbus rebuilt and ready to go for $700.00.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #18

hey 94 Newmar send me that info on a PM for that turbo in Columbus
Old 04-27-2011, 05:15 AM   #19

Certainly.. I've been a member of several Diesel Truck Clubs forums for a number of years and there are literally dozens of HY35's for sale all over the net, just look a bit. Remember, this is the exact same turbo setup off of the Dodge Ram Trucks. The rebuild kits for these are under $150.00 and in most cases can be rebuilt completely for less than $400.00 labor and material.

EDIT: The guy in Columbus here sold his already. However there are more around:

Here's one for $250 dated 4/26/11:
Holset turbo He/Hy35 Tial wastegate

Here's one for $250.00:
HY-35 Feeler - Diesel Bombers

Here's one that sold for $125.00:
4" down pipe & hy35 charger for sale [Archive] - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Here's one for $200.00:
WTT: Holset Hy-35 Turbo For

Here's one that sold for $350.00:
FS: polished Holset HY35 - Honda-Tech

And another for $150.00:
Ohiocoalrollers.com • View topic - hy35 turbo

Call a local parts reman place here in Columbus, perhaps they can point you in a few different directions, they may even offer reman/rebuild services: Remanufactured Auto Parts, Remanufactured Carburetors, Alternators, Starters
Old 04-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Did a quick search and found one for $1195 at this link. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Dodge Stock Turbochargers
Old 04-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
With all respect to you and your problem I wish you tons of luck and twice that much patience to get your problem solved with your ''Insurance Company'' that was suppose to fix your engine.
This is why I have never bought a ''extended service plan'' from anyone and I have been Motor Homing since 95. I have read the ''plans'' and looked at the large print and on the surface it sounds and looks good but it seems that they hav figured out a way to seldom honor much of anything. Mind you, this is just my opinion on this and I am sure a lot of people will say different from me.

The long and the short of it is that they will tell you anything to get your money and once you have paid.... THEY DO NOT KNOW YOU ......

lets all ask someone to get our people the heck out of the ''sand boxes'' right now ....
Old 04-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
WOW, this is deep Sh%#..Sorry to hear Camping fam...I have been real close to forking over several K to get and extended warranty..and Yes Good Sam is one that keeps sending me info. which looks really nice on paper. I once got burnt many years ago on a used Firebird that we purchased and were talked into an extended Warranty (covered every little thing they said)..sure enough it blew a head gasket in just two months. OH but you did not read the fine print..Holy crap was it ever fine print.."no gaskets or seals". Swore I would never do it again. But an investment (actually thats a bad word) after spending that much for MH you want some sort of comfort knowing that failures happen right after thier little bitty sorry excuse for a warranty runs out in a year. Shoot I may have added a couple thousand miles at the most until I retire. Well I will for sure being shopping if I even decide on an Extended Warranty..

What ever happen to your word is your word and deals were made with a hand shake..AND KEPT...
Good Luck Camping fam..
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
Did a quick search and found one for $1195 at this link. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Dodge Stock Turbochargers
That is a different model year you listed above.. The HE341 turbo was for the 03-04 model year engines, the HE351 for the 04.5-06. If it's really an HY35 then it's from model year engines 2002-2004 early. It's a much less expensive turbo... this is info right from Holset's website. It's entirely possible that his 2006 model coach is on a chassis produced from 2002-2004 early.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #24

Just got the paperwork from Cummins and the turbo they have listed is a HE341Ve cummins part number 4089946RX

On the Work order it CLEARLY states active fault code 2383 which is a electronic failure of the turbo acctuator. Now the question at hand is did the acctuator fail or did the nozzel ring stick and cause the fault code for the acctuator? The answer to that question I am told is impossible to prove but at this point now the code is active and the CEL is on. I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks for all the thoughts and kind words and even prayers we are a young family with alot of blessings and to get walked on like this can be extremely agrivating but we will get through it. Thanks again.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #25

Its Official Good Sam is a JOKE

Yes I have been duked by "GOOD SAM" and well all I can say is I wish everybody who has to deal with these people "Afinity Group" Luck they speak out of both sides of there mouth and will find ANYTHING they can to NOT PAY A GOOD SAM CLAIM. If you have this extended service make sure you have a back up plan because what they tell you and what they sell you are 2 different things we read the contract several times and even had a lwayer look at it and at this point Cummins will give us there notes but Afinity will not give us anything they have in writing they say our service guy says one thing to them and then something else to us. We have a recorded speaker phone conversation that will soon be put to video and posted on youtube for everyones listening pleasure to here how they called our CUMMINS SERVICE tech a liar and how we stood up for him on the phone along with the person who answered the phone threat us with putting us into a voicemail for ever. WOW what customer service these people have. I am STILL waiting on a phone call from aomebody who actually works at GOOD SAM not Afinity Group.

We are self employeed purchased this plan so we didn't have to be worried about stuff like this and now after fighting with these people for 2 weeks we are done. My shop guys will figure this problem out and take care of it ourselves.

GOOD SAM needs to wake up!!!! If they took a portion of all the money they use in advertising with mailings and put it into customer service they mite actually have something.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hummm! I had a Cummins Coach Care shop install a Banks PowerPack that included a bigger turbo and more in my ISB.

Total cost parts, labor, taxes was $3,147.87
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
I'm not surprised. Spend a little time Googling Affinity Group's financial situation. I suspect they are in a full out cash conservation mode.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #28

Took care of Good Sam today they won't have my check card number anymore we called the bank and told them what happened told them of the evidence we had and they said no problem we could dispute the charges. Now before anybody says anything please know we tried really hard to work with these people and they really treated us like poop and well at the end of the day business is business we will take the money and put it into the afe deposit box at the bank (Mother in Law is the VP) If we need it for repairs while on the road we can access it that way. Thanks again for all the great words of help and wisdom. Its just not worth the trouble I did tell the "Customer Service lady" at CSP ESP whatever they call it this week that I do vehicle wraps and to look for my RV at the GOOD SAM RALLY and it would have "GOOD SAM IS A SCAM" on the side of it!!! No I am not gonna be there for nothing but it would be funny to find a Barbie RV and wrap it with GOOD SAM IS A SCAM and ups it up there.........