Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #57

Ford Super Duty Owner
DO NOT expect help from the police. My daughter had her credit card stolen. She reported it to the police and nothing happened. My daughter is a paralegal/office manager/licensed private Investigator. She went to Walmart and asked to see the tapes of the transaction.
The stupid girl had signed Stacey instead of Stacy to the charge slips. This was good because it made Walmart liable. They had not checked the charge card. My daughter made a picture of the girl and next went to the Shell station. As soon as she showed the picture to the manager, he said, I have her name and address, she applied for a job here. My daughter took the information to the detective in charge of the case. She gave him all the details. This case was locked up and handed to him with a bow around it. He was still too lazy to do anything. Nothing was ever done about it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #58

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I think the crook would simply look for another RV to break in to.... Why should he work so hard when 99.99% DO NOT have extra security ?
This is my hope... Of course I will never have the data on how many thefts I have prevented.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
DO NOT expect help from the police. My daughter had her credit card stolen. She reported it to the police and nothing happened. My daughter is a paralegal/office manager/licensed private Investigator. She went to Walmart and asked to see the tapes of the transaction.
The stupid girl had signed Stacey instead of Stacy to the charge slips. This was good because it made Walmart liable. They had not checked the charge card. My daughter made a picture of the girl and next went to the Shell station. As soon as she showed the picture to the manager, he said, I have her name and address, she applied for a job here. My daughter took the information to the detective in charge of the case. She gave him all the details. This case was locked up and handed to him with a bow around it. He was still too lazy to do anything. Nothing was ever done about it.
Watched 3 women run out of a Target store with a baby in a cart loaded with electronic. They ran to a car and tossed the baby in the seat, threw all the stuff in and as they were doing this, the store security was running after them hollering to stop. I stood there watching all this and the {lady} yelled at me to get the #$%&* out of there way or she would whip my #$*^&. I got the liscense no. and gave it to security. Next day we went back to finish shopping and I asked the store manager if they had caught them. His reply was "the car was probably stolen and to investigate would cost more in time than the lost value of the items stolen". Do you think that I am going to, as an adult purchases these same items or any other items legally, give info anymore if I notice a theft taking place. Don't really know, but would have a hard time with my conscience if I didn't.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Depends upon the PD your dealing with. My S and B got burglarized, the cops spent half a day, photos, prints, interviewing neighbors etc. Got some of my stuff back and guy got prison time.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #61

That's terrible! I hate thieves and I'm sorry you had your things stolen. We have debated putting surveillance cameras in our camper. Mainly to see what our belgian mal does while we are gone, but should someone ever break in, they would be face to face with a 100lb retired patrol dog that can sense bad behavior. And we would get to watch it on our smart phones. Haha.

I hope they catch the turd that took your stuff!! How rude!!

Heartland Owners Club #2605, &RVM #80
CrowdedCampr is offline   Reply With Quote