Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #1

Govt job security ,what a shame

Below youll find the link to article,but Ive summarized it below

ATF promotes supervisors from border gun operation - latimes.com

By Richard A. Serrano, Washington Bureau

August 16, 2011
Reporting from Washington—
The ATF has promoted three key supervisors of a controversial sting operation that allowed firearms to be illegally trafficked across the U.S. border into Mexico.

The program ran from November 2009 to January 2011, with the aim of identifying Mexican drug cartel leaders by allowing illegal purchases of firearms and then tracking those weapons.

No cartel leaders were arrested.

McMahon was promoted Sunday to deputy assistant director of the ATF's Office of Professional Responsibility and Security Operations — the division that investigates misconduct by employees and other problems.

Newell was the special agent in charge of the field office for Arizona and New Mexico, where Fast and Furious was conducted. On Aug. 1, the ATF announced he would become special assistant to the assistant director of the agency's Office of Management in Washington.

Voth was an on-the-ground team supervisor for the operation, and last month he was moved to Washington to become branch chief for the ATF's tobacco division.

-------------------
lets bring back the Gulags for special offenders
Are any other jobs in the US that secure ?

What a differene in job security between the private sector and the govt sector

At the other extreme, in private sector, if a customer "feels" an employee was rude or offensive in ANY manner,most will be fired.
PalmSprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
I'm confused who are you angry with?
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
I'm confused who are you angry with?
I don't see any anger here, just a post to inform about a situation. Why are you trying to see anger?
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
. . . the aim of identifying Mexican drug cartel leaders by allowing illegal purchases of firearms and then tracking those weapons.

No cartel leaders were arrested.
Kinda says it all right there.

Their job was to track the weapons sales so that they could arrest cartel leaders. Sounds like they failed and yet were promoted.

However, as with anything related to government agencies, we don't have the entire story and governmental actions rarely make sense.
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
I don't see any anger here, just a post to inform about a situation. Why are you trying to see anger?
On review, I should have asked what his concern was, I don't believe I was hostile though. I just wrote what came to mind while reading the post, no hostility or anger on my part.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
There is belief amonst southern border enforcement officers that some of those firearms were used against US law enforcement or in other illegal activities.
Safe travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
There is belief amonst southern border enforcement officers that some of those firearms were used against US law enforcement or in other illegal activities.
Safe travels
Bob
Google "Project Gunrunner" or "Project Fast and Furious"
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:41 PM   #8

I've got news for you, in 27 years with a major automotive manufacturer I can't count the number of times I saw management type screw-ups get promoted up the corporate ladder because it was cheaper to promote them than fire them. So it happens in the private sector as well as in government
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #9

I believe this is called " The Peter Principle" where an individual is promoted to the point of actually being beyond their level of competence. I too worked in the private sector where many times a promotion went to those who continually told their bosses what the bosses wanted to hear vs. what they needed to hear.In reality much of American industry gets exactly what they deserve and then have the audacity to complain about unfair competition, regulations, etc. Unfortunately, today's culture will choose short term profits over long term growth in a heartbeat. Ken Roberts....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote