Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2006, 03:48 AM   #15
Administrator Emeritus

AJ, the post in question was vg5620's, it had a commercial link in it....A no-no on the site....Webster's doin' just fine!

Sorry if there was confusion,but Gary's situation was corrected off the forum and through a PM.

rebelsbeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2006, 05:11 AM   #16

To; Rebelsbeach;

Glad to get fast clarification,

I try to not always see an evil, suspicious, or negative intent when I am made aware of something, yes we have to know this negative stuff is out there, but as the old saying goes " if you look for trouble, you'll most likely find it".

Maybe our postings will generate more half-full glasses.

By the way, is there room next to your rig for a 42' rig with full hook-ups???

Have a good one and awaiting your reply.

Thanks== AJ Aime

Old 03-11-2006, 05:53 AM   #17
Administrator Emeritus

AJ,if you want to stop here,you're welcome to...I have 50A and water and can get you to a dump station nearby...I'm getting ready to build a semi-detached garage behind the rv pad and when I do that I'm going to "slide" an rv waste dump in too...We're breaking ground here within a week...Plenty of room for you if I slide my coach over. I ususlly keep the toad on the pad next to it,but I centered it as I was loading...Come on down!
rebelsbeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey guys, as noted by rebelsbeach, the first post was the problem. There is no problem with any of the other post. We do not have any problem with you telling others about you experiences with products.

Ken
Old 03-11-2006, 06:47 AM   #19

TO; Rebelsbeach;

Thanks for the invite, if I can get away from MD's , we are going to travel. I see by the map you're near Virginia Beach. What campgrounds are near you, beach, etc?? We have spent alot of time in Myrtle Beach and have been wanting to see Virginia Beach and area.

When does it get warm enough for ocean swimming?

Thanks === Aime
Old 03-11-2006, 07:09 AM   #20

TO; Moderators or someone== Help !!

How do I or someone else make a spelling correction??

On my signature that appears on my postings I left a " u " out and serios looks funny, it shuld be " serious " ,that looks much better.

Will I be surprised the next time I see my posting and serious is there??

Hope someone can help=== Thanks Aime== AJBJRVRERS
Old 03-11-2006, 11:16 AM   #21

Hey ajbjrvers...

If you click on the GO tab and go to your profile, click on the edit, then you can change your signature.

Yes, was relating what I thought about my GPS. Leaving the morning (Sunday) for the National RV Rally in Temecula. Then to Arizona for the next week. We'll give it a good test on this trip, but it really looks good...
<font color="#0000ff">George Eldridge

Cynthia Totten</font>
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:53 AM   #22

Hi vg5620! Welcome to iRV2.

We got the Garmin iQue3600 as a freebie when we got our new F350 Duallie...it's not only a GPS, but it's a PDA also so you can store all your contact, appointment, and other items easily. Yes...a little pricey if we had to by it, but it sure has come in handy a few times- just plop in some coordinates, and it'll verbally direct you to your destination.

Good luck! And we hope you enjoy your visits here on iRV2!

Sean
Old 03-12-2006, 08:52 AM   #23

We have the Garmin C330 GPS. Our previous unit was the Garmin Street Pilot III. The Street Pilot III required a manual to learn how to use it but was very accurate. The C330 is so simple that you don't need a manual. As long as you stay on your course it is fantastic. However if you go off course (fuel stop, site seeing, etc.), the thing goes nuts. Maybe if I would just stop and give it time to get it's act together...It is very accurate on its estimated time of arrival, computed road speed, identifying land marks, roads, towns, etc. I have downloaded two software updates but we still ain't quite there. I'm certain Garmin will continue to distribute updates that will finally fix the bugs. However, even with the "off route" problems, I would not leave home without it. One really nice feature is its ability to tell you in advance which lane to get in if there is going to be a split or turn-off. Another nice feature is the female voice that no matter how many times I don't go where it says, always remains as pleasant as can be...doesn't get much better than that! The C330 sells for somewhere just over $400, maybe even less than that now. Whatever, once you have a GPS you'll never go without it again.

Wilson(Maltese)
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #24

While all of the Garmin Products are great, I personally see no need for spending that much money, when the majority of the cost is hardware related.

Most of the RVers that I have met across the country carry a laptop. For a very small amount of money (comparatively) they can get the software and a GPS device that works right on the laptop. The products that I am aware of are MS Street & Maps and CoPilot Live Laptop (Iuse this one). If you have a place to put your laptop (and a power source such as an inverter) you have a large screen GPS with all of the bells and whistles of the more expensive units.

Art
agkcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:30 AM   #25

Hi I was also looking at the co-pilot gps for my
laptop, but the question I have is on reception.
Is the antenna on the dash of a motorhome able to see enough or is their a remote mounted antenna available thanks

2001 34 alpine
Old 03-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #26

Sandy1
We have only used our Copilot system for about 6 months, but so far the only break in reception has been a brief section in Utah (about 2 minutes) and going through tunnels.

Art
agkcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #27

Appalachian Campers
We have used CoPilot for years , I get the update each year. Joe made a computer stand for it and it swings over the dash when not in use. We had an old laptop that we kept just for this.
We like the laptop for being large screen, able to see better.
Besides being great for mapping it is great for keeping in the know of current altitude, speed of vehicle, miles and time to next destination. These items are options to put below the screen.
Love it.

The little dash antenna is great, have always had great reception. Have been all over the country with it. Have an electric adapter to plug it into the lighter.

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Colette and Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:08 AM   #28

To; Whomever;

Thanks for putting the " U " in my serious, it sure looks and reads better.

You know, there's not a lot we can do without " U "

Thanks again

Aime== AJBJRVERS