Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #1

I just thought I'd share this information with all of you. Have any of you thought about purchasing a GPS device for your RV? I was skeptical at first, but I've had one now for about 4 months and it is definitely someone I use all the time now. It allows me to quickly find the nearest restaurants, tourist attractions, or the nearest ATM. It's just so easy to use. They are a little pricey, but I think they are well worth it. I had great luck buying my system from Gary Landherr, email him if you would like more info. He gave me great service at a fair price.
vg5620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #2

I agree with you on the GPS. I have a Garmin StreetPilot III and have had a great time with it. I have had it about three years and find it real handy to put in the car to find my way around Like from the campground to down town Dallas and back to the campground. The thing is amazing. Good luck!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:40 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
I've had the Garmin StreetPilot 2620 for several years and use it in the truck and on the motorcycle. It's an excellent piece of work!

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:24 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ditto on the Garmin 2620 . . . wouldn't leave home without it!
SeeTheUSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
What do you guys think, I've been lookin at the Garmin 2720. I can get it off the net for around +/- $750. I keep vasilating over the need for one, i do read maps well.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:51 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
The 2720 is the new, updated version of the 2620. Several individuals on the BMW motorcycle forums are using them and speak highly of them. That price sounds pretty good, but I haven't researched them lately.

Rusty
Old 03-10-2006, 08:56 AM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
OK. I saw anothe GPS that works with a lap top, www.alk.com/ Its called the C0-pilot and is supposed to be RV friendly. I think its about $299. I just dont know if I want to drag the lap top out, and putting all that time on the lap top.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
That's one advantage of the Garmin 2620 or 2720 - it's compact, self-contained and absolutely "plug and play".

Rusty
Old 03-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #9

We purchased the CoPilot Live system about 6 months ago. We used it on the final part of our 2005 Travels. So far it has worked great for us. I like the large screen (from my laptop) and I like not having to buy additional hardware. My laptop will only run about 1 1/2 hours on its battery, so I run the computer from an inverter while traveling. It fits perfectly on my dash.

Art
agkcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #10

The Microsoft Streets GPS package is less than $100 and comes with a laptop GPS receiver. If you travel with a laptop it is a very attractive price for what you get. It has me tempted.

Regards,

Neil
Old 03-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #11

I mentioned on another posting that I had the Delorme Earthmate LT20 coming. It arrived and the maps are fantastic!

No batteries needed, takes power from the laptop. It plugs into the USB port and you're ready to go. With the nice big screen on the laptop, you have a great view. I'm surprised at the detail. It also lists restaurants, campgrounds, points of interest. You can plan a trip and it will give you an estimated cost.

What's realy great is the price: $95 from www.Delorme.com. Oh year, you can talk to it and it will talk to you. Fascinatin'...
<font color="#0000ff">George Eldridge

Cynthia Totten</font>
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #12

I'm suspicious of this.....
New Member forum? Off topic? First post is a product testimonial? Sounds suspiciously of a free ad to me.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
It was fixed and he was notified.....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:33 AM   #14

To; TXiceman;

Re; Posting about Delorme GPS being a testimonial.

I think Webster's intent was to tell all IRV2'ers about HIS experience with his Delorme GPS. I was not suspicious,I appreciate his efforts to share his experiences with us, this is what I thought IRV2 is all about, If he had negative experiences with the GPS, he would have posted them for all to be fore-warned.

Maybe some too easily mis-interpret another's intentions.

Not all have evil, negative, thoughts.

Remember ,, THE GLASS IS HALF FULL,, not half empty..

I hope this aids those who mis-interpret things to open their eyes and see the world is NEGATIVE enough without adding minucia.

THANKS==== AJBJRVERS