Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #1

Grand canyon trip pictures

I anyone have pictures they can post so I can show the DW.. Would appreciate camp site Rv resort and general pictures of the big cliff and the drop ... Thanks much
Marc
Usnret05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usnret05 View Post
I anyone have pictures they can post so I can show the DW.. Would appreciate camp site Rv resort and general pictures of the big cliff and the drop ... Thanks much
Marc
When I first moved to AZ 50 years ago, the first camping trip we took was to the canyon in a Nash Rambler wagon. The fold down back seat allowed us to squeeze in for sleeping. Back then you could camp IN the park within 50' of the rim. The view was grand hence...

There are pictures by the thousands on the web. But no picture can do the beauty justice.

Just go there. You will NOT be disappointed.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #3

I agree I can give you pictures from our trip last year but it won't do it justice. It is a MUST see

You asked for campground we stayed at the grand canyon railway rv park took the train n got a full guided tour. Expensive. But worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-554437843.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	19507   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2757345299.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	19508  

Tsronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
We can't wait , we are making the trip from SC to CA and we will be staying at grand canyon village.
Rsanchez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #5

No pictures, as previously stated they just do not do justice to the beauty of the canyon.
Really enjoyed a stay last year at the grand canyon Trailer Village, very nice and more than a few elk and deer wandering through! The old historic hotel, El Tovar, is also a must visit.
They have done a wonderful job with a shuttle system to visit most all areas of the park.
Spend a few days and enjoy one of the most beautiful of our national parks.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Marc,
I sent you an email with a like to some pictures we took. I did not get a response if you received it or not.

Did the email come through?

Thanks.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #7

Hi wayne .. Yes was looking at all the pictures and places you guys went to .. I enjoyed looking at them as well as the other half... You wife is a former marine as well I see.. What did she do in the Corp... Your itinerary was well set up ... I appreciate your time sending me everything .. I hope to see myself and the DW someday doing it all . Right now she has a few years left till she retires. Again thanks for your time
Marc
Usnret05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Marc,
Yep! She joined i 1960 and got out in 1961. Back in those days I had orders to 29 Stumps and they did not have Women Marines at that base so she could not transfer with me. So, we had fun, fun, fun, and she ended up "with child." Women were not allowed to stay in the service in those days when that happened, and we knew it. She got out on an Honorable Discharge and accompanied me to my next duty station.

Check the site occasionally as I'm going through and seeing that I missed posting a lot of other travels. I'm going to put them up there "someday."

If anyone else wants to see them, send me an email. I have my pages index for the "bots" to not index, and not follow. Don't know if it works that well but so far I'm happy.

Happy trails.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #9

As mentioned above, pictures can not do it justice. Attached is a sister file to the one tat I printed for our living room at 23"x41". You have to see it on a nice day that you can just sit and enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled_Panorama2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	19623