Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2018, 07:14 PM   #1
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grandkids-The Walking Petri Dish

School for our grandkids started the Tuesday after Labor Day. Friday night we picked up the ten year old grandson for overnight and some binge playing of video games. By Sunday night the DW starts to feel lousy. By Thursday evening I'm getting it. This weekend has been sitting in front of the TV hacking and blowing. At least we found a the new series on Netflix, John Grisham's Jack Ryan, which we both liked.

The grandson? Well he said Saturday morning his throat was scratchy but by Sunday night the DD was saying he was fine.

Gonna scratch him off the Christmas list.
Can hardly wait till we take the close to three and close to six year olds for the weekend that the DD and SIL are moving.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2018, 07:21 PM   #2

They are hard to avoid but as Arnold Schwarzenegger said if you want to avoid being sick(not being able to train) avoid rug rats.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #3

i think you mean Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. can't find it on Netflix but did read where Comcast and Amazon Prime are about to sign a deal whereby Amazon would be available via Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform similar to Netflix.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:00 PM   #4
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Yeah. Too much Evan Daniels. Make great cold medicine! And your correct it on Amazon Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
i think you mean Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. can't find it on Netflix but did read where Comcast and Amazon Prime are about to sign a deal whereby Amazon would be available via Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform similar to Netflix.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:07 PM   #5

Everynew schoolyear I can expect my grandaughter, Typhoid Mary, to share the lasetst and geatest virus with me. This year should be real fun, the norovirus is showing up inthe schools acroos all age groups.
rocketslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #6

Flu shot & Pneumonia shot...get 'em

I turned 65 this year

I haven't had a flu shot since I was inducted into the NAVY.
Every year the Doc 'offers' but I decline cause I don't get sick...no colds, no flu etc

Last couple years I have been really affected by pollens which never bothered me.
Gets worse each year

So I am going to get the vaccines this NOV......probably get sicker then an old dog
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
School for our grandkids started the Tuesday after Labor Day. Friday night we picked up the ten year old grandson for overnight and some binge playing of video games. By Sunday night the DW starts to feel lousy. By Thursday evening I'm getting it. This weekend has been sitting in front of the TV hacking and blowing. At least we found a the new series on Netflix, John Grisham's Jack Ryan, which we both liked.

The grandson? Well he said Saturday morning his throat was scratchy but by Sunday night the DD was saying he was fine.

Gonna scratch him off the Christmas list.
Can hardly wait till we take the close to three and close to six year olds for the weekend that the DD and SIL are moving.
Our 12 year old grandson left here yesterday afternoon, after spending two nights with us. I've been up since 3:00 A.M. feeling like crap
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is anyone working on a grandchild vaccine???

Glenn
Old 09-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #9

Pammi teaches first grade. As soon as school gets in, I start hearing her say that she doesn't "feel well". Rotten [moderator edit] kids!
As far as the grands go, I used to never get sick until the adorable little germ factories came around!
Pammi will still snuggle with them, but I'm more of a "let me hug you now go see Grammy" guy!
Old 09-24-2018, 06:22 PM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's not just kids, it's anyone that gets around lots of other people and then visits with grandparents that tend to stay isolated from the current bugs.

I was a dental assistant many years ago. I always was puny when I'd been off work for more than a few months and then went back. This was in the days before dental offices were treated like biohazard sites. We didn’t wear masks or gloves. We just washed our hands and sterilized the instruments. We also used to squeeze excess mercury out of filling material wrapped in a small cloth circle with our bare hands and often the excess went on the floor. Didn’t you play with liquid mercury as a kid?

I'm not sure we are doing any better about preventing disease transmission now than were before the world became germaphobic. I think we can blame the overuse of "disinfectants" and "sanitizers" for things like MERSA and flesh eating bacteria.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Didn’t you play with liquid mercury as a kid?

Yes, it sure made a quarter shine! Wonder if we're still handling them?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #12

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I was working as a dental assistant when I got married. On my first day back I got mercury on my wedding ring. Luckily we had an on-site dental lab. One of the guys in the lab managed to clean it for me. I probably escaped mercury poisoning with his help.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:09 PM   #13

I don’t have any of my own grand kids, but do have a grand nephew on my wife’s side. Great kid but every time I visit I bring back a present he gave me.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:20 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have to be real careful when the grandkids come around - if anyone near me gets a cold or the flu it turns to pneumonia as it jumps to me. I've been diagnosed with mild emphysema and anything that affects my lungs just does me in!

Tags
dish