Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #1

Gravity Hill (joyfield rd, Mi along M22)

Close to sleeping bear resort. this is not a public attraction, nor are there any signs..would def like to see someone try this in a rv..even faced foward going uphill in neutral would be awesome!!
hope the link works.
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed...=3790409835486" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
That's pretty wild.

Pricejh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZy507 View Post
Close to sleeping bear resort. this is not a public attraction, nor are there any signs..would def like to see someone try this in a rv..even faced foward going uphill in neutral would be awesome!!
hope the link works.
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed...=3790409835486" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0"></iframe>
I would love to see a bubble level affixed to some surface. Or a glass of water to verify.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #4

Here's a video of a car on Spook Hill, in Lake Wales, Florida:
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #5

There's a place in SLC, UT that exhibits the same apparent phenomena. Until you think about it or have an inclinometer.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #6

Funny this comes up now. On our recent trip to Florida from upstate NY, there were a couple of spots on rt 81 in PA when I thought the cruise or throttle was stuck on the bus. After I stopped trying to fix something that wasn't broke, I looked around and realized the northbound lane was going uphill. Therefore I was going downhill. Surrounding terrain created an optical illusion that was very convincing. Then I remembered going to a spot in PA when I was a kid and my Dad stopping at the bottom of what appeared to be a hill (antigravity hill) I think, with the old Pontiac and popup camper and it went (up) the hill. Real impressive when you are about 10 years old.
tompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #7

oh i think there is some kinda illusion with them hills as well, but when you yourself, drive down the hill and do it, your quickly thinking WOW...and I have poured water on this hill and watched it go back up hill, and i have rolled a basketball down thehill only to watch it stop halfway down and watch it start coming back to me on its own..eitherway its creepy..and dont sd around the strugius area have some kinda thing like this as well?? i think they have some kinda house or something that you can stand and lean forward without falling???
Old 03-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
Here's a video of a car on Spook Hill, in Lake Wales, Florida:
Spook Hill - Lake Wales, FL - YouTube
kool video.
to others... eitheway..if its a ulluison or not...( I'd rather not over think it)..pretty kool to me..and till you try it for yourself..its not even the same as watching it on here.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZy507 View Post
dont sd around the strugius area have some kinda thing like this as well?? i think they have some kinda house or something that you can stand and lean forward without falling???
The "Mystery Houses" at touristy areas, (like strugius, sd, aka: Sturgis, SD), are man made illusions, designed and built to fool you, (and get your $$).
IMO, the natural ones are more interesting , (and free).