Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Great Escapes Rv Prefered package ?

Hi All....I was browsing the web and clicked on an advertisement for Great Escapes Rv Prefered package special promotion. They claim 50% off 17,000 camp grounds nation wide. Has anyone heard of this program before? I am not sure if this is the same as the well known Escapes Club main take a look and see what you think...let me know....Gary
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I sure don't think it's affiliated with Escapees.

I looked at the offer on their website and it looks a bit high pressure for my tastes... with the "act now or lose it forever" stuff. I Googled them expecting to find some negative stuff but a cursory search didn't have anything that jumped out at me.

If I read it right it's dirt cheap. The entire thing gets caught in my "sounds too good to be true" filter but it either has to be brand new or a scam IMHO... or everyone would have been raving about it here on the forum and this thread is the only hit a search turns up.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
From Chicago? I am already leary.
Good luck and safe travels!
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Passport America only has 1,800 total in US Canada and mexico.
Not sure if you could even come up with 17,000 campgrounds nation wide.
Passport America The original 50% Discount Camping Club - Passport America Discount Camping Club

Call any campground they have listed to check if they are a member of that outfit. You may find your answer.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Passport America only has 1,800 total in US Canada and mexico.
Not sure if you could even come up with 17,000 campgrounds nation wide.
Passport America The original 50% Discount Camping Club - Passport America Discount Camping Club

Call any campground they have listed to check if they are a member of that outfit. You may find your answer.
Plus... PA is widely considered to be a very good proposition but this offer claims NO restrictions... which again seems too good to be true to me.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Thanks for the input guys....My thoughts exactly but DW wasked me to check it out. Once again, the money I didn't pay for joining IRV2.com has been my best motorhoming investment ,
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is an exact match on this forum under the name of the URL: Ultimate RV Camping. Looks like nothing more than a guide book or listing.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/ultim...com-43713.html

Ya' know what they say, "If it sounds too good to be true..."
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
Hi All....I was browsing the web and clicked on an advertisement for Great Escapes Rv Prefered package special promotion. They claim 50% off 17,000 camp grounds nation wide. Has anyone heard of this program before? I am not sure if this is the same as the well known Escapes Club main take a look and see what you think...let me know....Gary
Well folks, this is an old dog with a new skin.
They used to advertise as RV Park Superguide. If you call any of the campgrounds listed, they will tell you they never heard of this outfit.
Stay Clear of these crooks
I speak from past bad experience.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #9

I clicked on a link a year or more ago and have been pestered ever since with "don't delay or you loose" stuff from these folks. Sounds like no one has ever heard of them from what I read here today. I am going to stay away!
Thanks for the information
pandbnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #10

This thread is what prompted me to join. I kept getting info from Great RV escapes. Today it was 75% off. I almost decided to buy. I ask if I could get it on hard copy. The email responded that it is downloadable. Not available in hard copy. I sent them an email asking why It looked like a hard copy on their advertisement. I have not received a reply . When I was trying to research them this site IRV2 came up. I have NO proof against them YET. I did decide not to send him any money.
Cruisn Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #11

This is obviously a scam. I had never heard of them until I searched the Good Sam Website for campground directories then these guys pop up with a free hard copy of North American RV Park Directory. All I had to do was pay $5.60 for shipping. Well, what I finally received in the mail was a mail envelope that was open containing a CD case that was used with a used CD in it with no instructions to load anything. What the CD contained was a bunch of PDF files sorted by state. So I did some browsing and found there were only two campgrounds listed for Las Vegas and none for the town I live in. What a rip off. On top of that I had to add these folks to my spam blocker data base because of all the junk mail I started getting.
sailored66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
That's what I love about IRV2, everyone has been able to protect others from marketing ploys, which are mostly shams. The good ones always seem to make it to the top.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote