Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #337

Tiffin Owners Club
Down near Melrose MN which is west of Minneapolis in I94.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #338

This is too easy. Best one I've seen was in North Georgia. It read "it's WE THE PEOPLE, not YOU the President.". Liked it so much, I had a vinyl shop make it up for my toad.

asodergren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #339
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by asodergren
This is too easy. Best one I've seen was in North Georgia. It read "it's WE THE PEOPLE, not YOU the President.". Liked it so much, I had a vinyl shop make it up for my toad.
That was from 2007. I saw it too.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
Does that not look photoshopped?
It's legit. I took the pic myself. It's on one if the roads at Fort Hood. Lots of military training areas have similar signage. My neighbors say I should have something similar at my driveway entrance due to my extensive firearms and military vehicle collection. :-)
Old 03-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #341

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Wasnt worried about what the sign said, as I have seen them myself, but rather the way the poles look like they are not actually in the ground... But, thanks for clearing it up.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #342
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
I'm thinking that the English language has changed alot over the years and words that once had no double entendre and no sexual connotation, now do because of the steady decline of the mental capacity of people as a whole.

Granted, then there are places like Newfoundland, Canada, which has a towns with the names Dildo, Placentia, Conception Bay, and so on, where it was definite what folks were thinking about when they got there .

Who remembers when the word "gay" didn't have a sexual connotation to it, for example?
I certainly remember when "gay" didn't have any connection to sexual orientation... and I'm from SAN FRANCISCO! But, I'm really old too.

I just haven't yet come to the conclusion that it's attributable to "the steady decline of the mental capacity of people as a whole." But, give me time and I'll probably get there.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #343
HNA

Maryland has the best one I've seen. When you enter Md from Pa on I83 South there is a great big sign that announces the new no cellphone use while driving. 1/2 a mile down the highway there is another big sign that says for traffic information Dial 611. I smell a trap.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNA View Post
Maryland has the best one I've seen. When you enter Md from Pa on I83 South there is a great big sign that announces the new no cellphone use while driving. 1/2 a mile down the highway there is another big sign that says for traffic information Dial 611. I smell a trap.
Now that's pretty good....

BTW a correction - The basically national traffic information number is 511. I guess just don't dial it in Maryland!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Does that not look photoshopped?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
No, and more than likely possible if it's out at a military training facility where they do artillery training.
The bullet holes look real.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #346

Nice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2400558800.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	18503  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #347

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I certainly remember when "gay" didn't have any connection to sexual orientation... and I'm from SAN FRANCISCO! But, I'm really old too.

I just haven't yet come to the conclusion that it's attributable to "the steady decline of the mental capacity of people as a whole." But, give me time and I'll probably get there.

Rick
If you take a look at the mental stimulus and depth of most entertainment today vs a number of years ago, you can see a visible decline in the amount of thought provocation in most modern entertainment, which goes hand in hand with a lower level of cognizant thinking, or more shortly, the greatest epitome of entertainment today can be summarized as the old grade school fart or poop joke.

If this weren't the case, reality TV wouldn't be as prevalent as a mainstream entertainment format as it is now.

What do we have? Pawn Stars, American Idol, Orange County Choppers, and several others that basically have very little thinking involved in the actual watching.

Now, granted, alot of older stuff was a bit corny, but still, some actual thought went into it, an actual story with a point (and for a long time, a Moral) were the norm.

Now, it's all about who can be the most perverse and profane possible.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorDave View Post
Local lore has it that back in the day two family farms were located some distance apart along that road. The families' surnames? Kitchen and Dick. Ergo, Kitchen Dick Road.

FWIW
I grew up there, and I went to school with one of the Kitchen boys. Not sure how Dick Rd got it's name, but when I was younger, the Kitchen and Dick roads did not connect, in more recent times they connected them into one longer road, hence the combination name. And yes, there was a Woodcock family, too.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #349

Neck, about the only thing that comes close to reality on today's TV is the news, and even that is tainted with drama.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #350

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Neck, about the only thing that comes close to reality on today's TV is the news, and even that is tainted with drama.
No lie! And don't forget fluff (non-news like restaurant and product reviews, shopping tips, fashion shows, etc.) and out and out biased news. I won't even watch the morning news shows anymore because they are all about the talking heads talking to each other and giving their personal inane (more like insane) opinions about news items, doing silly publicity stunts, and presenting fluff.

Tags
journal, rvs