Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Guess What.....

GUESS WHAT.......

Willa and I had to make an emergency trip back to our home a few days ago. Willa was setting at the table with her hand over her mouth and I asked if she was OK and she said that that ''tooth'' that the dentist capped about three months ago was starting to hurt again. I asked if there was any swelling and she said no but it sure did hurt. The next morning we started calling dentist in the Melborne area and there were not to be found in their offices. I said ''Shux'' and kept trying. After some extensive calling without any luck we decided that we may have to make a quick turn around to our dentist in Granite Falls. I said ''Shux'' again and called him to see if he was available. He said come on up and he would fix the tooth. The next morning about nine we hit the wind with the three dogs, Willa and me in the truck. All was going well until we stopped for gas and to ''tinkle the dogs''. Willa put Finnie on one leash and Gus on the other and we stepped out of the truck to ''walk the dogs''. Gypsy was still in the truck and she loves to ''jump and bark'' while she waits on her turn to ''walk''. Guess what? Are you guessing?.......... Usually I always take the keys out of the truck when I get out. This time I left the keys in the switch with Gypsy in the truck. (one more guess)......
Gypsy would hop up on the arm rest to see better and there is a very handy devise on the arm rest called an ''electric door lock''.......... C L I C K … You guessed it. Gypsy locked the truck up for us and the keys were still in the ignition switch. I said ''SHUX'' real loud......... Willa asked if I had a spare key and I said sure. It is in the camper over the door............ Again I said ''SHUX''. ….

I handed Willa Finnies leash and started deciding which window to break out of the cab of the truck. I looked in the back of the truck under the ''cap'' and observed a ''slide window'' in the ''cap''...... AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA.....
I crawled into the back of the truck with my trusty jack knife and started working on getting the sliding window to un lock without breaking into my own truck. I said ''SHUX'' several times and finally got it open. Gypsy was intently watching what I was doing. I then started to work on the sliding back window in the back of the truck..... this one was a little tougher but I got it open without saying Shux very many times. When I got it open Gypsy hopped over the seat and came back and licked my nose because she knew it was her turn to go walk. I could see the ''lock switch'' on the arm rest but I could not reach it. I scrambled around in the truck bumping my head several times and saying ''SHUX'' real loud while looking for something to get the keys with or a way to unlock the truck and I finally found the thing you unroll you awning with. I reached thru the back window and with the skill of a sword fighter I ''pecked'' the ''unlock'' button and Willa opened the passenger door.

Moral to the story …........ Always carry a spare door key to your truck. Never rely on a Yorkshire Terrier to unlock a truck door and always always keep the awning un roller 'thingie' handy to use as a ''pecker'' on your ''unlocker'' switch ''thingie'' if you need to.
The rest of the trip was un eventful except stopping and eating and getting gas and walking the dogs with the truck keys in my pocket. Willa went to the dentist the next morning at eight oclock and seven hundred and fifty dollars later,,,,,,,,,,,,, she was cured and the next morning we came back to Florida.

These words of wisdom will cost you ten cents if you use them and you can pay me the next time you see me.

Lets all be grateful for our Veterans that have given so much to this great country and have asked so little in return..........
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #2

Knowing how to use the SHUX word appropriately at the right time is a good and necessary talent.
BOB
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
All you had to do was coax the puppy to jump back up on the arm rest. After several times, with a hand on the handle outside, the puppy just might hit it again. I mean after all, if they hit it with their paw once, why not again. Instead of saying "SHUX" all the time, you could have been teaching Gypsy a new trick. Jump, jump, jump, jump. And if she were as snart as a Marine puppy you could have said. "Jump and unlock," "Jump and unlock."

I'm sure glad you pecker'd that thingy open.

Does Willa now have a North Carolina Black Hole Smile.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:41 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Does Willa now have a North Carolina Black Hole Smile.

Nope. The tooth was abscessed and the dentist performed a ''root canal'' and cleaned everything out. This is the same tooth that he put a seven hundred dollar porcelain crown on about six months ago. He gave her some meds to prevent any infection. As I figure it now, me and Willa have had enough ''work'' done to buy Dr. Robinette a new B.M.W. Convertible and a lifetime of gas for same. Now if we want to take a loan to buy a new DP we could just show them our ''teeth'' for collateral on the loan.
As to getting Gypsy to ''jump on the switch'' I actually tried that but she would just stand on the arm rest and bark back at me.
Take care guys ......
God bless our troops and bring them home safe and soon.
p.s. I was watching the news the other nite and the pentagon released the names of three Marines killed in the sand box. They showed the M16's inverted on the bayonet with the helmet setting on the stock and the names of our youngest and finest. I cried like a child. (no shame at all.. must be gettin old I guess.)
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Glad you were able to get everything taken care of. As for the marines killed in action, it makes me cry every time I see it and I am only 46. So I don't think age has anything to do with it. I think it is called being a true patriot.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #6

Locked Out of Vehicle

Hey Seajay,

Been there done that. It happened to me several times. I now carry a spare key in my billfold. Now if I can only keep from leaving it in the vehicle. I have a habit of taking billfold out of pocket when traveling because it hurts my behind.

BUT!!! I am good at SHUCKS and a few other choice words.

I am glad Willa got her tooth fixed. Those things really hurt.

Take Care,

rops
rops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Mine always dances on the levelers in the RV. was in a rest area and heard this air noise and watched my jacks come down. It happened once in a Flying J truck lane.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy SeaJay,(I know sailor language too, also & SHUX ain't in it!!!!!)
Our Sheltie did that to us once, out at the barn, and she was the 'smartest thing you ever saw', but would she open the door NOOOOO, also, too, the motor was running and we were low on pushwater!!! I tried everthing I was able to, but no luck. Joyce finally walked to the house and called a locksmith
we live on a ranch in the boonies, IT COST $50 TO OPEN THE DOOR!! We had
the extra key with us..in the car in Joyce's purse!!!
butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #9

Sounds like an add for Onstar.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #10

SeaJay,

Glad everything worked out for the good. I travel between stick house and 5ver every other weekend. I have 2 sets of keys one for the 5ver. It has all the keys for the 5ver and truck. Other set has everything for the house and the truck. The reason for 2 sets is the house set got too big for my pants pocket when at work. Both set are with me when traveling between the two
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #11

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I have a combination lock box on the frame with keys inside...so far I can even remember the combo.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Feel your pain SeaJay. Sitting in a dentists office waiting for my DW 1600 miles from home this minute. She had a tooth kind of shatter and hates going to the dentist. To make my story ever more interesting two days ago the MH lock jammed, both dogs outside with us waiting to go in. Luckily the slider next to the drivers seat was unlocked as was the basement so with my trusty step ladder I crawled in to save the day. Now we have a key hidden cause I am getting to old for crawling in windows.

Wish Nancy well for a painless visit.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #13

Isen't the Navy motto be prepaired? You should know that, oh wait, well was you ever a Boy Scout?
justustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #14

Spare key and tape

Before the touch pad on the door I would have a need to get back in after others would lock the keys inside.

The simple task is to get an extra full set of keys, hide the engine key inside somewhere, and the door key is then taped into the loom for the trailer hitch.

Extra ign key is handy when the original gets dropped into something you do not want to explore or something flies off with them.

Also, keep the vehicle keys seperate from everything else...

There is usually tape and buldge here so it is not suspect, and working there is not to get attention from others.

If you have a trunk or shell then hide the door key in there and the key to that under the vehicle.

Once it is taped in place you will find that you will no longer need it...until you determine it was a waste of time and security risk and remove it...
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote