Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #127

Lynch mob has my vote. Who do you think stroked that little girl?
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #128

Tiffin Owners Club
Perry

I have no idea. But feel the jury heard all the info and said not guilty, why should I say the jury is stupid and she is guilty.

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #129

This brings a funny story to mind of how one should never convict a person without someone seeing the actual act or being personally connected to the means of the crime.
We had the pastor coming to visit one day and we had a nanny goat which liked to butt anyone who came in the yard. I, being the youngest at 12 years old, was given the task of keeping the goat tied in the barn. After tying her to a post in the barn and waiting for what seemed an eternity, I had to yield to the call of nature. As I got my pants down around my knees, the goat slipped out of her noose and headed for the yard. As she broke through the barn doors, all I could grab was her tail. Just as Mom, Dad, and the preacher stepped into the yard, there I stood with my pants down to my knees, holding onto the nannygoats tail. And that's why we should never convict anyone on circumstantial evidence.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #130

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Not a lynch mob

I resent being branded a "lyncher" because I listened closely to the actual trial not the "talking heads" and am capable of understanding and trusting my own ears and judgment. Casey killed her daughter. Accident or on purpose-only God knows. However she deserves to spend her life behind bars not drinking beer on a private jet.

The jury took the easy way out so they could go home. They did not review the evidence, they did not ask for any clarification from the judge, they did not take notes. How can you review 30+ days of a long, complicated trial in only 11 hours?

Nancy
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:44 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncason View Post
I resent being branded a "lyncher" because I listened closely to the actual trial not the "talking heads" and am capable of understanding and trusting my own ears and judgment. Casey killed her daughter. Accident or on purpose-only God knows. However she deserves to spend her life behind bars not drinking beer on a private jet.

The jury took the easy way out so they could go home. They did not review the evidence, they did not ask for any clarification from the judge, they did not take notes. How can you review 30+ days of a long, complicated trial in only 11 hours?

Nancy
Listening and hearing is different. It sounds like you heard what you wanted to hear. The jury did the right thing and judged the defendant based solely on the evidence presented. The prosecution did a terrible job and had little or no actual evidence to PROVE who killed Caley or even how Caley died. Should Casey go to jail? You bet! Should Casey go to jail after being found not guilty by a jury of her piers? No chance in hell! and I hope I will be given a chance at the same justice should I be accused of something before I die.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:58 PM   #132

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Prosecution tried the wrong case........

The jury found her NOT GUILTY of "Murder" and there was no proof of "premeditation".

The charge should have been "Criminal neglect resulting in death" or one of a varieties of "manslaughter" that would most likely have resulted in a conviction.

Plain and Simple the prosecutor "blew it"!
???
Somebody bumped the thread?
The above poster (#29!) got it right on July 7th...
This was a classic case of the Prosecutor overcharging.
Had she been properly charged with what the prosecution could prove, there would have been a conviction.
Let justice be done when the Prosecutor responsible for this fiasco runs for re-election.
That's who set that woman free.
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:29 PM   #133

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The proecutor isn't running...he retired!

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:55 PM   #134

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just keep in mind OJ and the bumbeling job the prosecuters did there. Chris Darden and Marsha whats her name and don't forget Judge Ito. The devil gets his due. She will screw up again, just like OJ.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #135

Vintage RV Owners Club
Jeff Ashton, the assistant prosecutor in the case, is retiring.
The Elected State Prosecutor under whose supervision he worked this case is this guy:
STATE ATTORNEY LAWSON LAMAR.
There's no word of his intention to retire- at his Facebook page, anyway :Lawson Lamar | Facebook

I hope his constituents remember his bungling of this case come re-election time.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #136

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor View Post
This brings a funny story to mind of how one should never convict a person without someone seeing the actual act or being personally connected to the means of the crime.
We had the pastor coming to visit one day and we had a nanny goat which liked to butt anyone who came in the yard. I, being the youngest at 12 years old, was given the task of keeping the goat tied in the barn. After tying her to a post in the barn and waiting for what seemed an eternity, I had to yield to the call of nature. As I got my pants down around my knees, the goat slipped out of her noose and headed for the yard. As she broke through the barn doors, all I could grab was her tail. Just as Mom, Dad, and the preacher stepped into the yard, there I stood with my pants down to my knees, holding onto the nannygoats tail. And that's why we should never convict anyone on circumstantial evidence.
Ya gotta love it...

I think that sometimes we take life to seriously.What gets me is that there were far worse things that happened at that very same time and didn't hear about because all the talking heads needed to keep their ratings up so that they could make more money.I'm not saying that we shouldn't take the death of a small child seriously,but it needed to be put in perspective.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #137

Vintage RV Owners Club
So-
Please place this event in its proper perspective:
Just what did we miss in the news that constitutes a more important story than the death of an innocent child, and the "exoneration" of her probable murderer?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #138

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
So-
Please place this event in its proper perspective:
Just what did we miss in the news that constitutes a more important story than the death of an innocent child, and the "exoneration" of her probable murderer?
Hmmm...The death of THOUSANDS of innocent civilians in the CONGO?
Hmmm...The ongoing RAPE of THOUSANDS in other countries in Africa?
Hmmm...The death and mutilation of THOUSANDS in IRAQ, and AFGANISTAN?

Every death or torture of an innocent is a tragedy....
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #139
Moderator Emeritus

Let's all take a few deep breaths and remember to keep posts on topic and civil.... please.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #140

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I still believe she killed her daughter. Why? The child was murdered. Her death was ruled a homicide. The cadaver dogs did not make a mistake, I trust their sense of smell and their training. The Oak Ridge scientist was not mistaken on the odor of death nor on the presence of chloroform. Casey had physical custody of the child not some "stranger". Casey had physical custody of the car. Casey told continous lies in order to delay a search for the child. An innocent person does not act as she did. She convicted herself. The prosecution did not do a bad job. I have been on juries and so has my husband. We have been astounded by the level of ignorance in our society. Most people do not know how to evaluate evidence and are easily mislead by emotion. Defense lawyers know this and play to it. The death penalty is the hardest decision to make and they could not get past that possibility. Even though they were instructed that they DID NOT determine the penalty. They were to analyze the charges and find the best fit based on the evidence not based on fears, religious beliefs, or fear of the possibile dealth penalty. I still do not think they understood their true role. They may not have taken chemistry or logic during their education.
I do not want to lynch Casey Anthony but I know she killed her daughter.
Mothers do turn on their own children. It happens all too often.
N
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote