Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #85
But,but,but, her parents love her !!!!!!!!!!!!

mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #86
Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by mick View Post
But,but,but, her parents love her !!!!!!!!!!!!
Not so sure about that either...

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #87
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Not so sure about that either...

Its a shame" her mother went to the jail to see her yesterday and she refused to see her. This was in the evening news
really sad
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:24 AM   #88
reasonable doubt was not understood by this jury...an explanation i heard explaining is: you get up in am and go out on the porch, you see the porch is wet, you see wet grass, you see droplets of water on the tree leaves , you may see puddles of water in the yard...... you can reasonably deduce that it rained last night even though you nor any one saw it rain and don't know when or how it rained. made sense to me.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #89
Monaco Owners Club
This shows that trials shouldn't allow the media access to courtrooms, IMHO. Talk about a media frenzy. Say, was this the time of the year that TV stations are rated for number of people watching?? I was looking around for Nero playing the violin......
FMCA# 266040 HRRVC# 84109
2000 32' HR Vacationer w/Banks
'98 Subaru Outback 5 spd toad
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #90
Shes getting out of jail sunday; she better run far and fast.
Morgan will file a civil suit against her as soon as shes released; she must appear in court for that. If she doesn't appear they will lock her up again.

They dropped the purgery against her mother for lieing under oath; no suprize there.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #91
Workhorse Chassis Owner
She's trash...

You can throw-up all you want about her childhood, family life, etc... [clutter-the-whole trial issue], but, bottom line is that she is responsible for that poor child. A child now dead and robbed of her existence. Dumped like garbage and not given any dignity of burial [while mom partied]. It's inhumane, it's sinister, it's unforgivable on many levels.

She has failed society's (and God's and Nature's) test of Motherhood; that's one sacred and undeniably profound truth: You protect your offspring. You keep them close & away from harm.

If she had been found guilty and jailed , she would be killed in less than 24 hours. On the inside...no one tolerates a baby killer. She'd never would make it to an appeal hearing.

She can disguise her looks and go live in an run-down remote area for all I care. Any civilian will recognize her on the spot & she will have to slink away to another hideaway. A life on the run. Her face (and tattoo) have had worldwide exposure.

A befitting end for her can only be dreamed up in a hollywood script.

And , I pray that never will she see any profit from this deed. Let her fade away into obscurity, until one day we see a small newspaper item of a nondescript female who met an (supposedly) untimely death.
62Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #92
As I understand it they were given only the choice of first degree murder and not any lessor charges of murder etc. The jury felt the prosecution did not prove first degree murder or even that a murder had been committed. I think that if the jury could have found for lesser charges they would have.
Forest Grump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #93
Ford Super Duty Owner
Forest, you hit the nail on the head. Any fault should rest with the prosecutor's man in charge (not Ashton, the lead atty). They went for the big bang and publicity and didn't want to have to explain why lesser charges were selected by the jury.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #94
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Such is life, she was found not guilty of the charges filed against her by a jury of her peers. Life goes on. She has to live with herself regardless of the verdict. The system is not perfect, think of the innocent people who have been convicted and even executed after being tried by our judicial system. But its what we have.

dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #95
Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
How can so many supposedly 'mature' people judge another based on what the media has made public. To come to such harsh conclusions, deciding someone else's fate, if you weren't there you cannot know for sure just what really happened in this families life.. judge not less you be judged!!!

Have a blessed day!
Me & Slowpoke, USMC [1993 Gulfstream Sunvoyager M8345, F53 Chassis ]

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #96
God Bless America! Someone was charged with a crime. A jury of her peers found her NOT GUILTY. Does anyone think that anyone else in any other Country would have had any possibility of the same outcome based upon the information presented by the new media (not the courts)?
Sometimes the courts get it wrong. Maybe they did this time and maybe they didn't. No matter, it's still the best judicial system anywhere and I will stand behind it with my dying breathe.
I am sorry to hear that she "got off" but the truth is that no one was able to prove that she did anything other than be a complete moron and the last time I looked we were not putting people to death for that.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #97
Look at the good this caused. You can get away with murder after all. With right attorneys who cannot prove anything. You don't have to report missing kids for over 30 days and get away with it. Oh-except in Oregon. They made a law that you have to report kids missing after 24 hours. And I was panicked and wanted to report missing kids after 30 minutes. Our suspect can teach us all how to get rid of kids and perhaps she will make millions doing this. It's not illegal to get away with this crime. Look who did.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #98
The entire case was heard by a jury of her peers, not just the nightly news 30 second sound bites. They heard weeks of testimony presented by the best witnesses and attorneys that money could buy.

She was judged by 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty. A duty I participate in on a regular basis. They found her not guilty, not innocent. There are many people walking around free in our society that are guilty of crimes. Who would be in favor of having a public vote on whether to execute this person? Do you think the voters should decide guilt or innocence?

bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote