Had An Ephiony The Other Day....
A few weeks ago, I made a post about the best possible way of selling my step-dad’s motorhome and got some really good suggestions from a number of fellow members here.
Now, even though my step-dad didn’t need my help, it got me thinking about something, which I’ve been tossing around my head and losing sleep over for almost a week now and wanted to get some additional feedback.
I know that when it comes to trying to sell your RV/Motorhome, most of you are probably going to do one of the following in order to get your coach sold:
* Take a handful of pictures and throw an ad up on Craigslist, HOPING that you get a few interested/potential buyers to call you ASAP…and continue doing that once a week for weeks…or even months on end…UNTIL it finally sells!
* Drive it down to your favorite RV dealer and put it on ‘consignment’, again hoping that the dealer does their best to sell it fast for you!
* Trade it in on a newer RV/Motorhome and HOPE that the dealer doesn’t take you for a ride and low-ball you on your trade-in!
* Take a handful of pictures and place an ad in RV-Trader and hope for the best…considering that most folks turn to the INTERNET to find what they’re looking for and would probably NEVER consider picking up a magazine!
Assuming YOU DO NOT WANT TO TRADE-IN your RV/Motorhome and actually sell it yourself, which I must confess I do see a lot of people doing nowadays…you know that it’s going to take some time to sell the unit no matter what route you take…but that’s only because most people are NOT taking full-advantage of the INTERNET and are only relying on a few options in order to sell their RV/Motorhome!
You also know that if you move ahead with selling your RV/Motorhome yourself, you’ve got a lot of work ahead of you in order to reach as many potential buyers as possible.
First there is all that time spent scouring the internet to find all those RV classified sites where you can advertise your rv/motorhome at!
Then there’s the actual registration process that needs to be completed BEFORE you even begin to post your ad on any given RV Classified site.
Of course, once you’ve found all those classified sites and completed registration, you then have to write an ad for the motorhome that makes the reader not only want to look at your ad but get interested in calling you for more information!
Now, once you’ve managed to pull that off, there’s still the need to finally upload all those cool, snazzy pictures you’ve taken of your RV/Motorhome to each and every one of those websites! By the time you’re all done, you’ve probably WASTED AT LEAST 2 to 3 hours doing all that you think you can in order to sell your RV/Motorhome!
But what if there was an easier way?
What if there was a service that would do all of this (with the exception of taking pictures) for you…?
Here’s the service I was thinking would be a great product for those who need/want to sell their RV/Motorhome:
* A company creates the accounts on all the popular RV Classified sites, RV Related Forums, as well as Craigslist and a few other well-known sites.
* They create and optimize the ad for each classified account, never duplicating the same ad twice!
* They upload the pictures to each classified site!
* They create a 30 to 90 second VIDEO of your RV/Motorhome…using the pictures YOU SUPPLY and upload it to not only Youtube, but all the major video sharing sites, seeing as Youtube is NOT the only player in town!
NOTE: The video would have a nice soothing “female voice-over” describing your RV/Motorhome in more detail, thus further motivating the viewer…versus creating some cheesy video which only has some generic, god-awful royalty-free music playing over it and nothing else…which are the type of videos “I” myself HATE!
* They optimize the video to ensure it gets the most views possible on all the video sharing sites!
* They also add the details/pictures/video link(s) to a blog created specifically for this service, which they would get ranked in the search engines (Google/Bing/Yahoo) under several keyword/search-terms related to selling used RV’s and/or Motorhomes!
* They basically do ALL THE WORK FOR us…freeing up our time, which I’m sure could be better spent doing other things we enjoy! Does this sound like a usable service some of you would consider using…or is everyone happy with just trying to sell their RV’s/Motorhomes on their own via Craigslist and/or via Consignment?
I'm not sure how much this service would cost but if it's less than a tank of diesel, to me it sounds like it would be a good deal.
Does anyone else think this is an opportunity for a new product which would be of value for RVers?