Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #1

Had An Ephiony The Other Day....

A few weeks ago, I made a post about the best possible way of selling my step-dad’s motorhome and got some really good suggestions from a number of fellow members here.

Now, even though my step-dad didn’t need my help, it got me thinking about something, which I’ve been tossing around my head and losing sleep over for almost a week now and wanted to get some additional feedback.

I know that when it comes to trying to sell your RV/Motorhome, most of you are probably going to do one of the following in order to get your coach sold:

* Take a handful of pictures and throw an ad up on Craigslist, HOPING that you get a few interested/potential buyers to call you ASAP…and continue doing that once a week for weeks…or even months on end…UNTIL it finally sells!

* Drive it down to your favorite RV dealer and put it on ‘consignment’, again hoping that the dealer does their best to sell it fast for you!

* Trade it in on a newer RV/Motorhome and HOPE that the dealer doesn’t take you for a ride and low-ball you on your trade-in!

* Take a handful of pictures and place an ad in RV-Trader and hope for the best…considering that most folks turn to the INTERNET to find what they’re looking for and would probably NEVER consider picking up a magazine!

NOW

Assuming YOU DO NOT WANT TO TRADE-IN your RV/Motorhome and actually sell it yourself, which I must confess I do see a lot of people doing nowadays…you know that it’s going to take some time to sell the unit no matter what route you take…but that’s only because most people are NOT taking full-advantage of the INTERNET and are only relying on a few options in order to sell their RV/Motorhome!

HOWEVER

You also know that if you move ahead with selling your RV/Motorhome yourself, you’ve got a lot of work ahead of you in order to reach as many potential buyers as possible.

First there is all that time spent scouring the internet to find all those RV classified sites where you can advertise your rv/motorhome at!

Then there’s the actual registration process that needs to be completed BEFORE you even begin to post your ad on any given RV Classified site.

Of course, once you’ve found all those classified sites and completed registration, you then have to write an ad for the motorhome that makes the reader not only want to look at your ad but get interested in calling you for more information!

Now, once you’ve managed to pull that off, there’s still the need to finally upload all those cool, snazzy pictures you’ve taken of your RV/Motorhome to each and every one of those websites! By the time you’re all done, you’ve probably WASTED AT LEAST 2 to 3 hours doing all that you think you can in order to sell your RV/Motorhome!

But what if there was an easier way?

What if there was a service that would do all of this (with the exception of taking pictures) for you…?

Here’s the service I was thinking would be a great product for those who need/want to sell their RV/Motorhome:

* A company creates the accounts on all the popular RV Classified sites, RV Related Forums, as well as Craigslist and a few other well-known sites.

* They create and optimize the ad for each classified account, never duplicating the same ad twice!

* They upload the pictures to each classified site!

* They create a 30 to 90 second VIDEO of your RV/Motorhome…using the pictures YOU SUPPLY and upload it to not only Youtube, but all the major video sharing sites, seeing as Youtube is NOT the only player in town!

NOTE: The video would have a nice soothing “female voice-over” describing your RV/Motorhome in more detail, thus further motivating the viewer…versus creating some cheesy video which only has some generic, god-awful royalty-free music playing over it and nothing else…which are the type of videos “I” myself HATE!

* They optimize the video to ensure it gets the most views possible on all the video sharing sites!

* They also add the details/pictures/video link(s) to a blog created specifically for this service, which they would get ranked in the search engines (Google/Bing/Yahoo) under several keyword/search-terms related to selling used RV’s and/or Motorhomes!

* They basically do ALL THE WORK FOR us…freeing up our time, which I’m sure could be better spent doing other things we enjoy! Does this sound like a usable service some of you would consider using…or is everyone happy with just trying to sell their RV’s/Motorhomes on their own via Craigslist and/or via Consignment?

I'm not sure how much this service would cost but if it's less than a tank of diesel, to me it sounds like it would be a good deal.

Does anyone else think this is an opportunity for a new product which would be of value for RVers?

Thanks!

RogueRVer

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #2

I'm not sure if the use of the word "Ephiony " doesn't run afoul of the forums "religous content" rules , but I'll say that sounds like you may have a winner of an idea. Now if only I had the time or money to help you get it started.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I think you mean "epiphany" - "a moment of sudden revelation or insight".

It's probably worth a couple hundred bucks, which (for most people) is about a tank of diesel. It would be worth more if you also provided a screening service to filter out the cranks and scammers who seem to want to prey on RV sellers.

joe
Old 04-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #4

@Skip426:Gosh Darn it...it seems as if I can't spell... LOL! And to think I even used MS Word to write that in...surprised it didn't catch the mis-spelling by showing the 'red underline'...or did it and I just didn't see it?

Money to get started? I think before creating such a service, there must first be a demand for said service, before one would put the needed time/energy into getting it off the ground!

@FlyingDiver: What type of a screening service would you want to be in place to ensure you're not being taken advantage of if you were interested in selling your motorhome and didn't want to do all the leg-work yourself?

NOTE: If a moderator could correct "Ephiony" with "Epiphany" for me, I'd appreciate it, as I believe I've waited to long in order to correct this myself!

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote