Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #43

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Curious - what music doesn't all sound the same these days? My son plays in a rock band and I cannot tell one of those songs from another either. Rap - please. I have lived in New England for 70+ years and have never not been able to find something other than country on the radio. You may need a new antenna. Now, am I an avid country fan, not really, but I think the super bowl country people did just as well as the half-time show.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #44

Boy oh boy, there is an awful lot of judgement going on here as well as some pretty big egos. Those of you who say you can't sing but could have done a better job...yeah right. I'd like to see one of you on national tv in front of a live crowd of nearly a hundred thousand people trying to sing anything. Lighten up. Life is good. ;/)
Old 02-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I enjoyed America the Beautiful but would not buy a copy of them doing it. However, they do great on their songs.

I thought Kelly did a great job on the anthem.

You tell 'em deanjeep.
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My whole family has a musical bent and I have trouble tuning a stereo. I once heard a conductor once say between orchestrations, "There are thousands of music aficionados out there and then there's C & W fans.

I like some C & W but I cannot take a steady diet of any music. Shania Twain doesn't even have to sing to entertain me but what the hey?? From some of the stuff I heard on talk radio, I am not alone in thinking the opening act, shouldn't have.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
You know you're getting REALLY old and miserable when you dislike a show that was the most watched show of all time and the country singers (country music listened to by 41% of the US population) Miranda Lambert and her husband Blake Shelton sang a great rendition.
I think it is more the contrary. Most people I know under 50 years old couldn't stand the sound of the two country performers singing in the begnning. Myself included. And a pretty good portion of over 50 as well.

And most never said they disliked the entire bowl or shows, just the singing of those two in the beginning. It just wasn't that great. Nothing old or miserable about an opinion, but it's a bit cranky to assume everyone should like country music. A lot of us DO NOT.
JadedDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanjeep View Post
Boy oh boy, there is an awful lot of judgement going on here as well as some pretty big egos. Those of you who say you can't sing but could have done a better job...yeah right. I'd like to see one of you on national tv in front of a live crowd of nearly a hundred thousand people trying to sing anything. Lighten up. Life is good. ;/)
These are professional singers/performers. I sure hope they'd do not just marginally better, but A LOT better than the average joe posting on this forum. But that's the thing, they didn't come off sounding that good, and they both garner HUGE salaries not only as singers, but Blake is also a JUDGE of others singing (which makes him just as suspectible as being judged as well - I think it pretty darn fair if he is judging the voices of young singers, that america can decide for themselves if they think he did a good job or not) and a VOICE COACH, I would expect a better performance from someone who is judging and mentoring others in singing.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedDancer

These are professional singers/performers. I sure hope they'd do not just marginally better, but A LOT better than the average joe posting on this forum. But that's the thing, they didn't come off sounding that good, and they both garner HUGE salaries not only as singers, but Blake is also a JUDGE of others singing (which makes him just as suspectible as being judged as well - I think it pretty darn fair if he is judging the voices of young singers, that america can decide for themselves if they think he did a good job or not) and a VOICE COACH, I would expect a better performance from someone who is judging and mentoring others in singing.
I think they sounded great. And I think you're cranky.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #50

Quote:
I think they sounded great. And I think you're cranky.
I'm not cranky at all. Just not sure why some here thinks that all should like country music. I'm in the majority of those who didn't like their performance, I think you are cranky for saying those who didn't have a big ego. That was out of left field.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but to judge other people for not liking the same style of music is not very nice.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #51
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you all want to talk being cranky don't get me started please
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #52

Quote:
Miranda Lambert really can’t seem to catch a break. After losing her father-in-law (Blake Shelton‘s dad) just a few weeks ago, Lambert was then saddened by the loss of a longtime friend, who was killed in a tragic car accident. Today, the songstress shared with her fans that one of her dogs, Dixie, has also died.

“My best friend, father in law and now my dog Dixie. My dog died thursday. My parents just told me,” Lambert posted to her Twitter page on Friday. “Headed now to bury my friend of 20 years.” Later, she added another sad note, tweeting, “I hope what they say is right. ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger’” and thanked her 600,000 Twitter followers for their prayers and well wishes.

We anticipate that Lambert is headed to her hometown of Lindale, Texas to see her old friend one last time and say goodbye. Both she and Shelton are expected to appear at this Sunday’s Super Bowl in Indianapolis, Ind., where they will perform a duet of ‘America the Beautiful’ just before the big game.

Though the year has been rough on her so far, we hope that Lambert’s 2012 starts to look up soon.
Possum, maybe you should do a little research before starting a thread defaming Miranda and Blake.

de·fame [dih-feym]
1. to attack the good name or reputation of, as by uttering or publishing maliciously or falsely anything injurious; slander or libel.

I just watched the video and can clearly see the heartache and stress on her face and in Blake's voice. Under the same circumstances, I'd like to see any of you dissing them, get up in front a live audience of over 68,000 people, and sing

It wasn't very good, but under the circumstances, it was understandable.

Quote:
One of the better posts in this thread.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dunner I didn't defame anyone, I gave my opinion, something we can still do with impunity up here in the great white north. (Actually this year it ain't so white no snow) and I actually find it repulsive that you think I was defaming anyone.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
The rendition of America The Beautiful was good.
The singing of our National Anthem was better.
Madonna's halftime performance was terrific.
The Super Bowl was great (I'm a football fan and a New York Giants fan).
IMHO!
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #55

The first few posts about not liking the opening song didn't "defame" anyone. Her personal story has nothing to do with any comments about her performance (Miranda's).

Come on people, get a grip. It's okay for some to not like that performance. Do people really need to be called names (be told they are old and miserable or have an ego problem if they didn't like it? come on now!), and accusations of defaming someone have to come of it? And to say "you guys couldn't do it" is moot, because we do not command their salaries for a singing career. If we did, I'd expect the same critiques. Celebrities will get all kinds of feedback. It is what it is.

Some people didn't like their performance. It isn't the end of the world. Please respect other's opinions. Life is too short to hurl insults over something this trivial.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieSCPO View Post
The rendition of America The Beautiful was good.
The singing of our National Anthem was better.
Madonna's halftime performance was terrific.
The Super Bowl was great (I'm a football fan and a New York Giants fan).
IMHO!
Agreed. Even though I didn't care for the rendition of America the Beautiful, and thought it was the weakest point of the entertainment, I still think it was okay even though it wasn't my cup of tea. Just wasn't a strong performance. I think Kelly's anthem was great, Madonna's performance was electric. And the Giant's won. I am a "happy camper" LOL.