Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2015, 05:12 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's to all of the Dad's out there.

I didn't get a call from either kid but they texted me.

I wish my Dad was still alive to call and shoot the stuff with.
sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2015, 12:25 AM   #2

Hi Mike & Kelly, could not let your post go unnoticed...

My father, as well, passed in March of 2014, barely over a year ago..I miss him so much..he was a highly decorated WWII vet and a man of honor..hard to find these days..

My DW (34 years) and I have 2 sons, we spent the day with our older son, but his daughter was with mom (modern families right)..had a wonderful meal and day with him.

Our youngest, a LT. in the US ARMY, (Air Assault/Airborne/Ranger) is currently attached to a Special Forces Unit in Afghanistan until at least March, 16'. This morning at around 9:30AM my wife's phone rings, it's from a Florida area code, which we know is where SOC (Special Ops) routes their calls, she immediately hands me the phone...

I hear my sons voice for the first time in a long while...he's been over since March..he says Happy Father Day !! That made my day, my year and my life.....

We caught up for the little time he had available...as I wanted to make sure he spoke to his mom...I always take the calls first...as the minute she hears his voice, she breaks down in tears...he's her baby...

She gets through the conversation, her chin held high, only positive stuff going on here...so nothing for him to worry about...just to keep focusing on his job and what he is doing to protect us...

She says "I love you so very much" before they hang up. She hangs up the call and we collapse in each others arms, tears running down our faces, knowing that he would give anything to be here with us.......

I so wish I could hold him and see him..you know...like all the times I did that when he was growing up...

You tell Mike that his kids love him, they just get busy with LIFE...so sometimes a text is what you get....

Thanks and in a 3 minute call, I had the best Fathers Day gift I could ever hope for

Kirk
kandlwaddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:14 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks Kirk.

My Dad and I were cross threaded in my late teens and best friends by the time I was 25. Gone 9 years now. I appreciate the service that your family members provided to protect my freedom!

34 years this October for Kelly and I.
sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote