Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2004, 04:08 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Hello to everyone:

First I want to wish everyone a Happy and Safe New Year. Well today after 27 years in Law Enforcement I retired. It felt strange when I turned in the badge, ID, Gun and equipment. It has been a great career and I know I'll miss it but I felt it was time. I am going to miss the kicking of doors the hand cuffing of suspects the chase the fights and seeing them in jail. The camaraderie with friends/partners knowing they had my back and I had theirs. I have the memories to look back on and to reminisce with friends so the memories will live on. What hurt the most are the brothers and sisters that did not make it to retirement they are missed and will never be forgotten.

I now move on into retirement, it is a new career and I have met many new friends and I will cherish the new memories.

Again Happy New Year, Welcome 2005

Dave

Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2004, 04:08 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Hello to everyone:

First I want to wish everyone a Happy and Safe New Year. Well today after 27 years in Law Enforcement I retired. It felt strange when I turned in the badge, ID, Gun and equipment. It has been a great career and I know I'll miss it but I felt it was time. I am going to miss the kicking of doors the hand cuffing of suspects the chase the fights and seeing them in jail. The camaraderie with friends/partners knowing they had my back and I had theirs. I have the memories to look back on and to reminisce with friends so the memories will live on. What hurt the most are the brothers and sisters that did not make it to retirement they are missed and will never be forgotten.

I now move on into retirement, it is a new career and I have met many new friends and I will cherish the new memories.

Again Happy New Year, Welcome 2005

Dave

Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:54 PM   #3

Congrats Dave on retirement. Hubby & I are both retired & enjoying it. Have a Safe & Happy New Year & retirement.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:59 PM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
My last day on the job after 25 years is January 1st.

Getting on the road for points south on January 2nd.

Happy New Year and I can't wait to get on the highway.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:00 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Congratulations to both Dave F and DriVer,

Both of you are a little ahead of me- I'll work for another 1 1/2 years then call it a done deal. By that time I'll have 31 years in law enforcement. There will be things that I miss, but since I'm a firm believer in heading to new things and territories (like most RV'ers), I'll enjoy moving on. The best to both of you and safe travels. If you should find yourself in South Florida, email me and I'll buy you lunch, or a drink, or both.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:18 PM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Str8Shooter:
If you should find yourself in South Florida, email me and I'll buy you lunch, or a drink, or both. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks. We're attending the Boomer rally at Southern Aire arriving on the 10th. I hope to see you there if you come up to Tampa.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:01 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations Dave, enjoy. It has bee 17 yrs since I retired after 25.
We have a Retirees Association

http://web.syracusefcu.net/~sprany/

and the monthly meetings allow most of us keep in touch and tell war stories, mostly lies.

Problem is the new members have no idea what we are talking about. They don't know what fire call box is, let alone understand that they were our sole communications with headquarters. And the night sick, they're not allowed to carry them any more, was used to tap out signals on the sidewalk (among other things) to your partner walking a beat a block away. Walking ??, beat ???. When in foot pursuit you blew your police whistle so that others knew your direction and could joined in. Oh ya, the police whistle, when we hit the street at 1600 hrs, the first 1.5 hours was spent directing traffic at intersections downtown. Three short blasts stop, one long one go. Some guys got real cute with it, do you remember the Teaberry Scuffle?

The newbie's get their turn, every year we have an old home day at headquarters and we get a tour of the place, computers on every desk, the crime lab even has a glass box full of super glue that detects finger prints.

Enough reminiscing. It's clear you enjoyed your career as I did, and I hope you enjoy retirement as much as I am, the day will come when reminiscing is all that you have left and it serves as a reminder that it was all worthwhile.

Enjoy, be safe and Happy New Year.
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:50 AM   #8

Dave don't feel sorry for your self, it was time to retire and you know it was time and you deserve to retire, Congratulations, enjoy, I retired after 34 years in March and I haven't looked back, now it's your time.
I kept busy with a varied amount of projects, but most important think to remember is that you don't have to do them, you can finish them at your leasure and these are things that YOU enjoy doing.
Take care, have a Happy New Year! Ed
Old 12-31-2004, 01:39 PM   #9
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Brother Dave,
Congratulations & Best of Luck!!! I am sure you have earned it!! If all goes as planed I will be going through what you are now, in Dec. 2007, that will be after 25 years on the job!Like the others here have said look towards the good life ahead, and remember the good times and friends from the past! I can also tell you that when the retired guys from my job come back for a visit, they all say the same thing, They are enjoying themselves so much!! I have not found anyone who says they wish they never retired. Again best of luck and enjoy!!!!!!!!

Str8Shooter: I hope your offer for a free lunch or drink is still good after Dec. 2007!!
Old 01-02-2005, 10:07 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
AL,

The offers good. I'll be looking forward to the day!