Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #183

Solo Rvers Club
Fourth Amendment - Search and Seizure

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Just sayin'....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan
Only in America would we make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their homecountries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just become American citizens.
Coming from the UK , we were required to invest $500k into a government approved company , we had to provide a 10 year paper trail for the cash ( no loans or mortgages allowed) , we also had to pay for full medical examinations at for all family members at US approved doctor .
We also had to prove medical insurance and substantial finances before we were allowed to enter the USA . It takes five years before we are allowed to apply for citizenship , during this period we can be deported at anytime without appeal and forfeit our investment .
Just to inform !

Old 05-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #185

Solo Rvers Club
And this one. Generic, I know. Not trying to be preachy, just food for thought....

United States Bill of Rights, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Purpose: To set limits on government actions in regard to personal liberties.

The Bill of Rights is the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution. These limitations serve to protect the natural rights of liberty and property. They guarantee a number of personal freedoms, limit the government's power in judicial and other proceedings, and reserve some powers to the states and the public. While originally the amendments applied only to the federal government, most of their provisions have since been held to apply to the states by way of the Fourteenth Amendment."

Naturally, nobody has a right (or a privilege for that matter), to injure or ignore the rights of another citizen. That's not what this amendment is about. But, please note the wording "guarantee a number of personal freedoms". When LEO's, or other 'officials' or agencies of the government violate this amendment, those personal freedoms are reduced a fraction. Over time they can be seriously eroded. That's just one side of this discussion, but perhaps the most vital IMO....
Old 05-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #186

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjnr View Post
Coming from the UK , we were required to invest $500k into a government approved company , we had to provide a 10 year paper trail for the cash ( no loans or mortgages allowed) , we also had to pay for full medical examinations at for all family members at US approved doctor .
We also had to prove medical insurance and substantial finances before we were allowed to enter the USA . It takes five years before we are allowed to apply for citizenship , during this period we can be deported at anytime without appeal and forfeit our investment .
Just to inform !
I've often wondered why Honorable Immigrants like you folks seem so underrepresented in discussions about giving a free pass to so many who defy the system.

I'd be mad as all get-out if I were you!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #187

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjnr View Post
Just to inform !
Thanks for your story. I must admit, I had no idea that this was happening.... Making you folks go through all those hoops while we give 'amnesty' to illegals is just crazy. My hat is off to you for your perseverance in gaining citizenship, it sounds like you really earned it.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #188

Send a message via Skype™ to brandypup
Kudos to you for the hard work you put forth!

I remember vvery well having my high school graduation dinner AND my moms citizenship "graduation" at the same time. of course being 18 I was not as aware as I am now on what the achomplishment was and really meant for her. Now I am nothing but proud for her. And mad as heck for the ones who do not do it legaly.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #189
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
I note that many posters who seem to have philosophical problems with Border Patrol checkpoints don't live in states that have a boundary on the Texas/Mexican border. As a native Texan, I've dealt with the Border Patrol for many decades. They have a tough job to do in some very unforgiving terrain, and I for one wouldn't want any part of it, but I fully support them in their efforts.

I'll be going out to the Big Bend area later this year - for many years, we owned land out there in a border county. I'll drive the fantastic River Road between Study Butte and Presidio and go back through Marfa on US67 on the way to our campsite. There's a permanent Border Patrol checkpoint between Presidio and Marfa that I fully expect to be staffed. If my vehicle is subjected to an inspection, then so be it. I'll treat the Border Patrol officers with courtesy and respect, and my experience is that I'll be treated the same way.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #190

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
I note that many posters who seem to have philosophical problems with Border Patrol checkpoints don't live in states that have a boundary on the Texas/Mexican border.... If my vehicle is subjected to an inspection, then so be it. I'll treat the Border Patrol officers with courtesy and respect, and my experience is that I'll be treated the same way.

Rusty
Ditto for this pair of Texans as well. We love the border country and have property in West Texas-and are deeply sorry that its become more dangerous over the years as our border problems worsen.

I've yet to meet an unprofessional BP agent- I'm sure they're out there but to us they have been friendly, upbeat and helpful in all our interactions, INCLUDING vehicle stops.

And for those folks who just want the BP "stay on the border and take care of it"- its not the Border Patrol that has failed this country in securing our borders.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #191

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
Ditto for this pair of Texans as well. We love the border country and have property in West Texas-and are deeply sorry that its become more dangerous over the years as our border problems worsen.

I've yet to meet an unprofessional BP agent- I'm sure they're out there but to us they have been friendly, upbeat and helpful in all our interactions, INCLUDING vehicle stops.

And for those folks who just want the BP "stay on the border and take care of it"- its not the Border Patrol that has failed this country in securing our borders.
Hey!

Senior Chief! I just noticed your avatar location! When did you get to Fort Worden?????

Good grief- you've come from Texas and landed right in the middle of a HOTBED of anti-Border Patrol sentiment- have you been following that nonsense in the local papers?

Here's one article: Editorial: New look at Border Patrol - Port Townsend & Jefferson County Leader - Port Townsend, Jefferson County & Olympic Peninsula's news website - Port Townsend, WA

Here's the local "Anti" group's website:border patrol : Stop the Checkpoints
Old 05-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #192
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
I note that many posters who seem to have philosophical problems with Border Patrol checkpoints don't live in states that have a boundary on the Texas/Mexican border.
Ummmm......make that the US/Mexican border. As far as I can tell, only one state has a boundary on the Texas/Mexican border!

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheadbluesman

Thanks for your story. I must admit, I had no idea that this was happening.... Making you folks go through all those hoops while we give 'amnesty' to illegals is just crazy. My hat is off to you for your perseverance in gaining citizenship, it sounds like you really earned it.
To give you the full tale would swamp this forum but a few other highlights are -
Full academic background and work history from age 12 for wife and I
Proof of all assets , bank accounts , property , shares etc for previous 10 years
Total absence of any criminal records
Letters of recommendations from professionals whom had known us personally for min 5years .
Letters of recommendations from daughters schools and academic reports .
Full interviews at US embassy for all family members . .
Just to clarify , I have no complaints , it was without doubt the best thing for our family and in 2 years time we will be proud to apply for citizenship .
Old 05-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #194

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Hey!

Senior Chief! I just noticed your avatar location! When did you get to Fort Worden?????

Good grief- you've come from Texas and landed right in the middle of a HOTBED of anti-Border Patrol sentiment- have you been following that nonsense in the local papers?
Hey, Hadlockian! We're volunteering up here for the next couple months- carpy weather but beautiful scenery.

There are plenty of people who appear to want unlimited illegal immigration from our southern border- I don't know what the rationale can possibly be, but there it is.

They scream racism, hoping to ignite some fine white-guilt sentiments, and
demonize law enforcement instead of the criminals themselves. These shrill cries of "oh, the poor innocent brown people!" do seem to resonate in this (very white) hemp-wearing, bicycle riding, Volkswagon van-owning, upper-income community.

For a lot of them, I think it's the cause du-jour. For others I think there may be a more sinister motive. JMHO.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #195

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hey, Hadlockian! We're volunteering up here for the next couple months- carpy weather but beautiful scenery.
Of course the weather's "Carpy"- how else would we catch any fish????

Quote:

this (very white) hemp-wearing, bicycle riding, Volkswagon van-owning, upper-income community.
Sounds like you've been in Port Townsend long enough to get the ...."local flavor"!

Been to the Oh-So-Natural-Co-Op for your Organic Groceries yet? Or are you waiting for your mail-order Birkenstocks to arrive so as to be properly dressed?

P.S.

For the record, Hadlock is the home of Real People...we don't drink the same Kool-aid those folks in town do!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #196

Damon Owners Club
Quote:

Can I just say "Thank you"

Although now retired, I have been saying throughout my time in uniform that the American Public would be outraged if they understood even 35% of what (and what does not) happens within the rules and regulations of the Immigration system. You want to comment - do so after looking carefully at all the "exceptions" and "waivers" to the Immigration Laws that are supposed to be there for your, and our Country's, safety.

As for my brothers and sisters in green (and the ones in Tan, Blue, Gray, & all the other shades) still "holding the line" - be safe and God Bless.

Closed Thread