Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2012, 04:26 AM   #225

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thank you Francesca! Timothy McVeigh was blond haired, blue eyed and an American. What I'm reading here by some very narrow minded people makes me think of the internments here in the US during WWII. ANd just for the record, because I can hear it now, I'm not some "bleeding heart liberal" I am a Desert Storm veteran who served her country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2012, 04:35 AM   #226

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As the wife of a LEO, I'd like to thank you for your service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
Can I just say "Thank you"

Although now retired, I have been saying throughout my time in uniform that the American Public would be outraged if they understood even 35% of what (and what does not) happens within the rules and regulations of the Immigration system. You want to comment - do so after looking carefully at all the "exceptions" and "waivers" to the Immigration Laws that are supposed to be there for your, and our Country's, safety.

As for my brothers and sisters in green (and the ones in Tan, Blue, Gray, & all the other shades) still "holding the line" - be safe and God Bless.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:39 AM   #227

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Your quote is offensive. My husband had to go through years of training to be where he's at and he is in no way a wanna be or ever been accused of corruption. He also served his country in the US Army. And what have you done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchardhill View Post
"Just doing their job". What planet are you living on? Border patrol agents are the bottom end of the spectrum, wanna be's. They join with hopes of using the service to gain entry to the FBI or ICE. after not being recruited they quit in about 18 months. Do a little home work, highest percent of corruption, currently under investigation and conviction. Info from their own reports. The TSA is a different matter, must have proven history of stealing change from ash trays for a time before being admitted to service. EVERY town is up to it's ears with illegals, druggies. Jails, prisons, schools, hospitals full. Billions of tax dollars wasted , it's a vote getting Ponzi.
"Just doing their Job". Next time you are in town, I have some property just south of Galveston with a ocean view, or would you prefer a bridge in the desert?
Ken
Old 05-22-2012, 04:44 AM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsauerkraut View Post
You are absolutely incorrect that all terrorists are muslim. Have ou forgotten Timothy McVeigh and his partner? Timothy was blondhaired. What about the Unabomber? PLease check your facts before making biased and incorrect statements
[/QUOTE]

Actually, Timothy McVeigh was not "blondhaired". See attached photos.

PLease check your facts before making biased and incorrect statements

I will if you will.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	timothy.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	21378   Click image for larger version

Name:	timothy2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	21380  

Click image for larger version

Name:	timothy3.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	21381  
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #229
Pnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcirclem

No one dislikes a dirty cop more than and honest one.

It sure seems cops will cover up and protect each other, I have personally seen them lie to protect a bad cop.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #230
Pnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRVer

FYI: Timothy McVeigh was a white American...so, not ALL TERRORISTS are Muslims!

You never heard of white Muslims ? Hmmm.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #231
Pnr

I lived within fifty miles of the okc bombing. For several hours after the bombing, local tv stations were broadcasting law men were looking for men of middle eastern descent . They were even showing them going to houses, looking for these men of middle eastern decent.

It wasn't long before they dropped that story. There is more than we know about Tim Mcveigh. Lots of controversy still surrounds what REALLY happened , lots of news people and elected officials still have questions here. Many locals know the official story is BS .

I have a family member who is pretty broad minded, that is a deputy sheriff here. He even agrees nothing adds up. Says his dept. has been told to leave it alone.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #232

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnr View Post
It sure seems cops will cover up and protect each other, I have personally seen them lie to protect a bad cop.

Then they themselves were probably also bad cops. All the LEOS I know and work with will not tolerate, condone, or ignore wrong doing by other cops. The old saying, "one bad apple..." It is so true as evidenced by your and others comments. You witness a bad act by one Cop and assume that all LEOs behave the same.

Do we see LEOs make mistakes?; yes. and when we do, if they are not serious mistakes, we immediately correct their actions. If they are serious, we arrest them. But that is also how we treat all the rest of our fellow citizens.

You do crime in our county, you do time in our county.

Period.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #233
Pnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcirclem

Do we see LEOs make mistakes?; yes. and when we do, if they are not serious mistakes, we immediately correct their actions. If they are serious, we arrest them. But that is also how we treat all the rest of our fellow citizens.

You do crime in our county, you do time in our county.

Period.
Well I am glad you have some professional standards wish others did.

How many other leos have you arrested ?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #234
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'd like to point out that some of these posts are viewed as bordering becoming under the realm of personal attacks.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #235

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcirclem View Post
I hate to break it to you but racial profiling does NOT happen much at all anymore. I believe you are basing your opinion on media reports and not real world experience. But i can tell you that i have heard this complaint on more than one occassion..."I'm sure you're right, I didn't stop you for driving 80 in a 65 mph zone, I stopped you because while I was approaching you from the opposite direction, in the dark with your headlights glaring in my eyes, with a close rate in excess of 150 mph, I could clearly tell that you were of a particular race that we are profiling today."

Let me assure you that all of the officers I know and work with, (local, state and federal) have not, do not now and would never profile based on race. Every person I came in contact with either sought me out as a complainant or was detained for commiting some violation.

Let me put this in terms that everyone can understand. The most sacred right we as Americans have IS our liberty. Taking that liberty is the MOST serious thing any LEO can do and that Duty is taken very seriously by us. We do not take it lightly.

But before you or anyone else cast that wide net indicating that all LEOs would willfully violate anyone's rights or work outside the bounds within which society mandates that we operate just to make a case or harass someone, come do our job first, then you can speak about how wrong or corrupt we are. That includes the proud men and women of the Border Patrol.

No one dislikes a dirty cop more than and honest one.
I never claimed all LEOs are guilty of racial profiling; I just said it happens. If you think it doesn't, you have your head in the sand and need to pull it out and take a look around. even if media reports were only 50% correct, there is still a lot going on. And I don't depend on just media reports.

Granted, a lot of people will pull the race card when confronted. When I worked at a convienience store, I was required to card everyone who appeared to be 40 or under for tobacco and alcohol sales. African Americans were often quick to pull the race card when I carded them. I got so tired of it, I started throwing them out of store when they did it (the only time management didn't back me up for that was when we had a Marketing manager who was African American who was convinced I was a bigot using carding to harass African Americans until the store manager, an immigrant from Bangledesh told him I carded everyone which is what I was trained to do; the Marketing Manager eventually got himself fired). However, just because the race card gets pulled frequently doesn't mean racial profiling isn't still going on.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #236

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRVer View Post
I always thought the 3 human races were white, black, and asian.
3 HUMAN RACES!

Seriously!

SERIOUSLY!

WOW!

Hate to break it to you at this late stage in your life buddy..but there's only ONE HUMAN RACE...and that's EVERYONE who lives on planet EARTH![/QUOTE]

Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #237

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
...And what is it with "African-American", my ancestors came from England and
Scotland, but I'm not a British-American, UK-American, Euro-American, or
even a Nordic-American (my favorite..)...
At one time, many European ethnic groups were discriminated against, including your ancestors (and mine; I'm of Irish and German descent; at one time, it was easier for an African American to get a job than an Irish American). It was easier for them to learn English and lose the accents than for African Americans to lose the black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
...Moving on..........Shouldn't it be called ethnic-profiling, not racial?
I always thought the 3 human races were white, black, and asian...
Seriously? That certainly explains your bigotry.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
At one time, many European ethnic groups were discriminated against, including your ancestors (and mine; I'm of Irish and German descent; at one time, it was easier for an African American to get a job than an Irish American). It was easier for them to learn English and lose the accents than for African Americans to lose the black.

Seriously? That certainly explains your bigotry.

I guess if my opinion doesn't agree with yours, I'm a bigot.
Thank goodness they don't allow personal attacks....

I love this thread, it makes me laugh every day...