Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Has Anyone Seen Avatar ???

Just getting around to it, Colleen and I went to see James Cameron's AVATAR in 3D. I'm a BIG Sci-Fi fan and Star Trek the "new" movie was one of my favorites however Avatar has one upped that movie. I was totally blown away by the movie, the 3D effects and the quality of the story. A BIG 5 Star rating from this viewer for sure! I was totally entertained and didn't move from my seat. (of course I knew it was going to be long so I didn't drink anything for the few hours predeceasing the movie )

I'd recommend ya'll go and see this thing if you haven't before it stops being shown.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh yeah!! Have seen it twice now and will see it AT LEAST another time before it leaves theaters.

I thought that Star Trek was the best movie, this year, until I saw this. This is Cameron's crowning achievement. I liked it more than Titanic.

I have not, however, seen it in 3-D because I was hearing of people getting sick (motion sickness). I do have that problem, so that is why I've only seen it in 3-D but people, I know, who've seen it in 3-D says I am missing out on half the movie.

Even in 2-D the visuals are stunning (that is a character all on it's own) and it has a very strong story.

For me, there was never any point of the movie that lagged and it did not seem like it was half as long as it was.

Does it sound like I enjoyed it?? LOL!!

Sheila

~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
I have not, however, seen it in 3-D because I was hearing of people getting sick (motion sickness). I do have that problem, so that is why I've only seen it in 3-D but people, I know, who've seen it in 3-D says I am missing out on half the movie.
PNWGirl, My wife took a Dramamine before going to the movie.

It worked!

Do not deny yourself from the opportunity to see this movie in 3D! Remember the guy that opened the "Arc" in Raiders, Same expression!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
(of course I knew it was going to be long so I didn't drink anything for the few hours predeceasing the movie )
Like Fred Gwynne would have said in , "My Cousin Vinny" ... er what was that word ???? "predeceasing"

Sorry - forgot to run my iespell check! I'm sure you understood - preceding!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #5

Saw it with a group, in 3-D and at one point in the movie burning embers were falling in the audience. It was outstanding...

Grumpy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Like Fred Gwynne would have said in , "My Cousin Vinny" ... er what was that word ???? "predeceasing"
Quote:

Sorry - forgot to run my iespell check! I'm sure you understood - preceding!

DriVer, never noticed. What is that old thing where if the first and last letters are right you can put almost anything in between and people will read it just fine? Its funny how the brain works, just skips over the wrong letters.

Hey, how did it look when they were flying those beasties? Or running over the plants that light up?

You guys are making me want to go see this again- this time in 3-D - and the Dramamine is a good idea.

I don't know, I think it would lessen the experience for others, in the audience, if I suddenly started hurling on the people seated in front of me............

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:43 PM   #7

It was kind of weird, during the movie (3-D) there was no sense of disorientation but for the first few seconds after the movie, WOW where are my feet lol. It was fun anyway.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yep, we saw the 3D version and were so impressed we are going to the IMAX version. What an incredibly fantastic video experience the 3D was so it is hard to imagine how the IMAX will affect us. FWIW, there was ZERO sense of disorientation in the 3D version. That really surprised me.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #9
doc

Appalachian Campers
"Like Fred Gwynne would have said in , "My Cousin Vinny" ... er what was that word ???? "predeceasing"

Sorry - forgot to run my iespell check! I'm sure you understood - preceding! "

Mike, I was wondering who may have died! LMAO!! good job in checking it. See you guys in October!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:15 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Just saw it, sadly, this sums it up....

Okay special effects, but overly blatant Bush-bashathon took most of the enjoyment out of the movie, and I did go see it in 3D...
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Redneck - you lost me. Where did that come from as I sure don't remember seeing it at the movie. Or is my leg being pulled?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #12

Golden, Potentially opening can of worms...There are people that see Avatar as a moving poster vilifying what some perceive as the slash and burn mentality of America as it applies to anyone else anywhere else. It's a great 3-D movie and I enjoyed it immensely as such, but did not enter the theater looking for some deeper socio/political agenda. Glad you liked it as well. Grumpy

Old 01-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Grumpy - probably like you and - hopefully - the HUGE majority of Americans, I go to the movies simply to be entertained. If I'm desparate and want a political message, or even something that requires me to think, I can get that in other media. I guess it just shows you how naive I can be.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm an old Star Wars fan and my Wife and I saw Avatar last weekend and it was great, I plan on seeing it again. My Wife suffers from a mild form of vertigo but she didn't have any problem watching the movie. I really enjoyed the flying scenes, we sold our airplane because of my Wife's vertigo but the flying scenes in the movie didn't bother her.

Ron