Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #15
IC2

In the past few years I've pretty much mellowed though it's been difficult. Unfortunately, my DW in my mellow stage has learned a few words that she never knew I had tucked in my vocabulary. I might flip the high beams for a second but even that's risky - imagine this, a woman (and not picking on the fair sex) pulls out directly in front of me in her Prius. Flip the lights once to remind her that talking on a cell and driving is not only illegal in NY but dumb and she brake checks me. Hard!! Her 2500 pound eco-box, me in my 8360 pound Ford CCLB. I would not be the loser in that match up. Honest, I have mellowed even though she and I pulled in the same place and I reminded her about that the heavy weight vs a fly weight difference in vehicles was a really poor way to voice her displeasure with my one second high beam flash.

I really have mellowed
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2016, 06:54 PM   #16

Just wondering, if you've been involve in a road rage incident like I was (I'm the OP), and you have a video, will turning it over to the police do anything?
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:16 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
In the past few years I've pretty much mellowed though it's been difficult. Unfortunately, my DW in my mellow stage has learned a few words that she never knew I had tucked in my vocabulary. I might flip the high beams for a second but even that's risky - imagine this, a woman (and not picking on the fair sex) pulls out directly in front of me in her Prius. Flip the lights once to remind her that talking on a cell and driving is not only illegal in NY but dumb and she brake checks me. Hard!! Her 2500 pound eco-box, me in my 8360 pound Ford CCLB. I would not be the loser in that match up. Honest, I have mellowed even though she and I pulled in the same place and I reminded her about that the heavy weight vs a fly weight difference in vehicles was a really poor way to voice her displeasure with my one second high beam flash.

I really have mellowed
And what was her response to you dare I ask?
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
Just wondering, if you've been involve in a road rage incident like I was (I'm the OP), and you have a video, will turning it over to the police do anything?
Yea, it sure will do something. It will give the cops something to laugh about at shift time.
You running in the fast lane below the posted speed limit probably upset the fellow (or gal) who stopped in front of you. The way they stopped tells me they were looking for a confrontation. No one knows what their mindset really was. Count your blessings everyone came away unharmed. Blowing off your own steam flashing lights and blowing a horn probably was the worst thing you could have done. If the guy (or gal) cleared you while passing you then deal with it. If he was driving faster than you to start with he would have been ahead of you and out of sight soon. Trying to discipline him at highway speed is not going to accomplish anything.
The best way to avoid road rage is to not react to someone else's stupidity. Let them go on their way and just be the understanding person you want others to think you are.
Lynn
Old 06-03-2016, 07:46 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by biosensai View Post
I wish it were just that I am becoming the old guy I used to make fun of, but I truly think people's actions are getting worse. Be it their driving or their reaction when it is pointed out to them. These days, I allow my beautiful, patient wife to hear my analysis of their driving skills & probably genetic heritage, but it goes no further. Just not worth the potential risk it entails.
It's not you my friend or your age. Your observation is real.....and it is correct.

Regards,
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:34 PM   #20

All of us have to remember, let the idiots go--they probably have a bigger gun than you do and can be quicker to fire off a round before you get your hands off the steer wheel.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:07 PM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
People are nuts! There was a time if he would have stopped in front of me, I would have jumped out of the RV and ran up to his vehicle just looking for a confrontation. But, that body and mindset are gone and it's a lot safer to just move on. After all, you are in your Rv and he is trying to live raising kids while being trapped in his job. He has much more stress in his life and is looking for a way to release it. Don't let him bring you down to his level.
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #22

Several years ago I was driving a big truck oversized load through Denver on I-70, needing to move to a far left lane in the direction of a particular exit. After checking my mirrors I could see a vehicle but knowing there was plenty of space, I moved to the next lane to the left. There was a vehicle trying to shoot the gap and I must have got in his way (another trucker told me what I could not see) he then got in front of me and slammed on his brakes (not a very intelligent thing to do in front of a semi doing 60 mph) he then got on my right and slowed down to take a picture of me (concrete barriers to his right) I 'fixed' my hair for a better picture and slowly edged his direction, guess that's when he decided to obey the old Chinese Proverb, "He who has the most lug nuts wins" and drove off.