Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #15

Mid Atlantic Campers
Here Here, Dave

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Back to the original topic about FEMA and how little you have heard of them mentioned. I live in Canada and I have heard little about FEMA this disaster when compared to Katrina. Every other sentence had FEMA in it after Katrina. To be totally honest the coverage of the Midwest floods here in Canada, is nothing near to what the post Katrina coverage was. My best wishes and prayers for all those involved and more for those who are willing to help themselves and help others when the opportunity arises.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:36 AM   #17

The TV said that the new Levy repairs will only hold up to a Cat 2 hurricane now.
MCDDY says it all.

This is why the internet is bad. we all get to compare the News to Real Life. And the News loses.
FEMA=Found Everyone Mad Again.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #18
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Northern-Canadian:
Back to the original topic about FEMA and how little you have heard of them mentioned. I live in Canada and I have heard little about FEMA this disaster when compared to Katrina. Every other sentence had FEMA in it after Katrina. To be totally honest the coverage of the Midwest floods here in Canada, is nothing near to what the post Katrina coverage was. My best wishes and prayers for all those involved and more for those who are willing to help themselves and help others when the opportunity arises. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FEMA is on the ground in Iowa..... just reading the story in the aforementioned link is proof.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:57 PM   #19
doc

Appalachian Campers
Guys, the point I was trying to make is that the media was excited and whooping and hollering over Katrina and N.O., but there has been very little said about the victims on the Mississippi River in the midwest. Is it just not 'in' or has that been 'done'? We have friends who both work for FEMA and to hear them tell it, FEMA is the greatest thing since sliced bread. They don't want to talk about all the trailers bought and never used that just went bad, nor the tractor/trailer loads of ice that was dumped and never used.

I do agree (was there and saw it) Mississippi Gulf Coast was working, recovering and re-building. N.O. was like a ghost town for several miles. It would not bode well to speculate why.

Knowing the folks in the midwest, I suspect they will be up and running before FEMA is set up and 'evaluating' their action plans. They don't wait for things to be handed to them. These folks work for a living and know how to survive.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
People it's not hard to understand why.
One group is the Great American silent majority, the other is the Forever Crying whinny minority.

Opps was that Politicaly incorrect

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:36 AM   #21

What does political correctness have to do with the truth?

More americans killed in New Orleans last month than soldiers in Irag---I say let's pull out of New Orleans, it just not worth the cost????

Tom
Old 06-24-2008, 04:42 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Take a look HERE for a story on FEMA's efforts in the Midwest as reported in today's Houston Chronicle (hardly a conservative publication!)

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #23

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I was wondering how many FEMA trailers were built for the people in Ms. and La.? I guess they could start towing them north now. When down in Ms. and La. in April we saw a lot of them just sitting in fields. I guess they are in storage.
Tom