Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by srzak View Post
Has your health gotten in the way of getting on the road?
Unless you include "sick over the price of fuel", I'd have to say no.

Thankfully we are healthy and our only complaint is not enough TIME to travel.

Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
Temporarily, I hope, and it coincides with the off-season. Had an angioplasty op Dec 15th with 4 stents installed. I hope cardiac rehab will have me back up to speed before next season.

Good luck to you guys, PyrateSilly. Do what's best for you and tell the others to bugger off!

Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and now ex-RVers, as of 08 Dec 14.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #17
Originally Posted by srzak
Sounds like you have it dialed in. I retired at 42, wife still works. Can we see some of your pictures.
www.bolinphoto.com is my main site. www.ruleofthirdsphotography.com is a teaching site I write for if you are interested.

KBolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #18
Had an epidural in `09 for sciatica and it worked great. Back started acting up a few months ago and either the doctor did it different or it didn't work. I have good days and bad days. Seems if I keep moving it loosens up. I'm finding it take a lot longer to recover from any ailments.
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
I am 45 and Thom is 47. I have almost died several times and I came to realize years ago that I did not want to be sittiing there going "I wish I woulda, I wish I coulda, I wish I had".
We are temporarily in CA and as soon as we get back to MI we are gonna fix a few things that people broke that were staying at the house and we will then sell it. Since we bought it at the bottom of the market we should be able to at least sell it for a little more than what we bought it at. But who knows, only when we sell it will we know. My side of family all think we are doing what is right for us. Thom's side, well, some are sorta OK with it. His sister just cannot understand why he does not want the house with a white picket fence, the 2.5 kids, the dog etc.
We have done the route of doing for others and it's time for us to do for us.
Go for it! I've always heard that at the end of life people have far more regrets about things they didn't do than things they did do! Good luck & God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #20
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Had an epidural in `09 for sciatica and it worked great. Back started acting up a few months ago and either the doctor did it different or it didn't work. I have good days and bad days. Seems if I keep moving it loosens up. I'm finding it take a lot longer to recover from any ailments.
I had severe sciatic nerve pain from my back all the way down into my left heel. On the recommendation of a collegue who had had the same problem, I took treatments from an accupuncturist. After about 12 treatments, I have been pain free for over 10 years. He has also been very helpful in relieving my wife's pain from fibromyalgia. I might mention that she is one of the "I don't do needles" poeple. Getting her to see him was a bit of a trick the first time, but she's had no problems going back.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All you guys hurtin and still doin it, keep on keep on! Makes me feel lucky to share this forum with ya, you're an inspiration to all of us!
John and Vicki,2004 Winne Vectra 350 Cummins, 10k lb Blu Ox tow bar , 04 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd toad
cmpncrsaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
We were getting the MH ready to take off south for the winter in Oct. Had some electrical problems and finally got on top of it. Then DW started feeling bad and wound up having a gall bladder attack. Several weeks later surgery. I almost lost her in 2001 and since then she lives with copd. We looked after aging parents and other relatives for years until they were gone. After the DW was sick the company I worked for shut down so we downsized and I retired at 60. We have done some traveling and have enjoyed some great trips incl. 2 winters in AZ. Looks as if we are grounded this winter because now I am undergoing a bunch of testing. Never give up, we will be back out there soon!
Dennis & Marcie & Hook The Jack Russell, 2001 HR Imperial 38wds 350 Cummins, 07 Chevy Trailblazer/Blue Ox/Ready Brake, 04 Dodge 3500 Cummins,
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #23
Monaco Owners Club
I have had 5 nerve blocks with some relief. Have used a tens unit that gives help. Alphawave not to much help. You just learn to do things on good days

Steve & Denise
2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36.6 ft
w22, 8.1 Vacaville, Ca.
srzak is offline   Reply With Quote