Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Health care reform and us seniors

I don't wish to start a political thread here because both parties voted this into law. I received this link to some facts about how this bill will affect everyone but mostly seniors which is most of us.

I think everyone should see this video and know what is about to happen so you can be prepared. It is a sad day for America and "we the people".

Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill H.R.3200 - Key Points - YouTube

Bill & Linda. If it doesn't move and should, WD-40 it. If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape it. F-350 dually, 40' Sunnybrook Titan toy hauler and custom Harley
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Thor Owners Club
I watched this video recently and found it to be out of date. For instance, there are numerous references to paragraphs, subparagraphs, etc. that do not exist in the new health care law. I cannot say whether or not certain restrictions will be imposed and if certain changes will be made to our health care but the video does little to help me understand the issues since I'm not able to cross-reference the items mentioned in the video to the law that was signed by President Obama.

After watching the video (sometime last month) I spent the better part of a day researching the subject of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). While there are many open issues regarding PPACA this video does little to answer those questions. IMO the video is a scare tactic. I'm not in favor of PPACA because I think there are much better solutions to ensuring all U.S. citizens have health care insurance. However, this video is out of date and there are better videos out there on the subject.

On a related subject I suggest anyone interested in health care reform check into various forms of consumer driven health care. Some other countries have this (no not Canada and not England).

I realize not everyone will spend 2-1/2 hours watching a video hosted by Harvard Business School professor Regina Herzlinger,but it does a much better job explaining the current situation of health care and health care insurance (these are separate subjects to a great degree) and how to fix the problems.

Long Video

A much shorter video captures some of the issues we face. Unfortunately, PPACA does not solve the problems.

Short Video

Lucius & Danielle
1992 - 29' Airstream Classic
1996 GMC Suburban 7.4L, C2500; 2005 Chevrolet Suburban 8.1L, K2500
Old 09-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Go to factcheck.org2009/08/twenty-six-lies-about-hr-3200/. I believe that will clear up alot of the issues in this tape.
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Old 09-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If I recall correctly there were no Republican Votes for the Health Care Act. It was passed when the Democrats controlled the House and Senate, and I believe the Republicans were excluded from crafting the act. To quote the former Speaker of the House of Representatives "You have to pass it to find out what's in it."
Old 09-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Typical one sided reporting of only the negative facts that they want you to see to help their cause. There is a lot of Pluses for the minus.

We need a clear and concise report covering BOTH sides.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
Old 09-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
All you have to do is open the link to the video. All the suggested videos make one feel that they are in line at the grocery store looking at cover pages of the Enquirer, and Star. I was looking to see if I could find a u-tube video of Oprah carrying Obama's love child.

Who ever you are OP, if you want someone to take you seriously, you should find some credible sources. As for the "I don't want to start a political thread" remark???
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

OK folks... let's keep the discussion objective and out of the partisan politics please.

Thanks for your help.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 09-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #8
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The health care act is one of the biggest issues of the upcoming presidential election. That sorta makes me believe this is a political topic.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
Old 09-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Although this topic impacts us all, it really has no direct connection to RVing so we're closing it.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Closed Thread