Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Help finding Toeless flip flops

If anyone happens to see the type of cheap pvc flip flop that has the straps over the foot and no thing that goes inbetween the toes , would you PLEASE PLEASE send me the name of the store so I can call them and have them send me a pair.

My old ones finally wore out after many many years. The are the greatest thing for CG showers or going to the beach. None of the places at the beach where I usually go have them anymore.. I have looked everywhere. I found a china manufacturer online that makes them so at least I know they are still being made.

I want the cheap cheap ones.. lightweight, not the fancy foam things they have in most stores now with all the bumps molded in the soles etc..... I have a pair of the heavier ones but need the cheapies.

China PVC Slippers. Fuzhou Wholesaler, Trading Company, Retailer, Manufacturer, Importer, Exporter, Distributor, Agent

ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #2

You might find something toeless at Wal-M. Might not be the PVC, but similar.

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Walmart just has the kind with the thing that goes inbewteen the toes.. the slipper type they carry is more like a shoe or sandal

I was wearing eva clogs but the water sits in the bottom of them.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey CTCamper---good to hear from you. I haven't the faintest idea where to get those but if you fail---I'll bet the two of us can scheme a way to make a pair----some webbing some rubber for the sole-------I think that is how TEVA got started anyway with old tires for the sole----in the meantime I'll do some checkin' fer ya
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hilo Hattie: Men's Accessories

Found these at Hilo Hatties in Hawaii-----postage makes them probably more expensive than you want to spend (if they fit they ship) and they are not exactly what you describe----other than that perfect---
Old 06-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I want the cheap cheap ones.. lightweight, not the fancy foam things they have in most stores now with all the bumps molded in the soles etc..... I have a pair of the heavier ones but need the cheapies.
Hey CTCAMPER---I did my best and cannot find exactly what you want---(well actually I did---very cheap but you have to order 2000 of them)-----even Wal MArt was a dry hole for these---suprisingly----wish you well on your search--maybe someone will come along who knows---good luck!!!)
Old 06-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LOL I know, 2000 pair from china.. I can open a vending stall at rallies hehe take me 100 years to sell them. Comes in a container on the same boat as the stuff from harbor freight heh

I tried the scrap motorcycle tire with some velcro straps but it just didn't cut it

Min order on that link I found is a scant 10,000 Owoooooooooo
Old 06-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #8

I've seen similar ones at the Dollar Store.
They're called Slide Slippers, or Slide Flip Flops..
Men's Sandal, Men's Flip-flop,Italy slippers products, buy Men's Sandal, Men's Flip-flop,Italy slippers products from alibaba.com
Old 06-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #9

What happened to the old ones; step on a pop-top?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #10

Three or four summers ago, Wally World carried some Sand and Sun things that looked like the old Dr. Scholl's, only they had plastic/foam bottoms. $3/pair. I had several pairs because they were so comfortable. Imagine my disappointment when they quit carrying them.

I just picked up some LSU logo flip-flop type shoes that weren't thongs, but I haven't tried them on. I think they were $7-8, so not cheap, but not expensive. The part across the arch closes with Velcro so you can adjust the tightness.

liz
Old 06-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
heh, POP TOPs ... tg they got rid of the pull tabs on cans, they were killers on the beach along with occasional broken glass from bottles way back.
Those flip flops saved the feet many times and the sand is easy to wash off.
Jersey sand is so fine it gets into everything so they are like gold at the beach
I think they would be perfect for CG's and hikes to the showers. I never go barefooted in the showers .. You could film a b movie based on some of the shower floors O_O
Old 06-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You might try Crocs. I believe the site is Crocs.com. I personally like the "Scutes" style but they have tons of different types. Give them a try I'm sure you will like them, they are very comfortable. Good Luck!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #13

I have a pair like Liz describes with the velcro for adjustment. I can't remember where I got them, but maybe DW will know.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #14
GPW

LSU !!! Gotta' find those !!!