Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #1

Help! My wife's Farm is Driving Me Crazy ~~

My wife loves playing her "Farmville Farm" on Facebook. The web site gets very slow and at times just freezes up. I am recruited to assist at least daily and ofter several times daily. I have ran disc cleanup and cleaned up the computer history, cookies, ect. But haven't had any success. Only thing we can do at this point is to shutdown the computer and then log on and pickup where she got stopped.
Does anyone have a Farmville Farm and experience these slowdowns and freezes, and has anyone found a fix for the problem?
I really would love to be a Hero for her, so if anyone has an idea, please help me make her day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #2

I dont play Farmville anymore but I do play Cityville (Zynga developed both). I find that it freezes up a lot and know that others also have this problem. Personally, I think it is a problem that originates with Zynga since there are other issues going on too. Wish I could help you.

Shelle
Old 01-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My DW is addicted to FarmVill too.
I was an addict, but took up falling out of trees, it was more fun.
My world would also freeze up often and I did the same thing you have been doing, until I realized it was either the game or Facebook.
Do you realize how many people are on-line at any given time??
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
My DW is experiencing the same problem and gets really frustrated...I played for awhile but realized it is a big scam and some of these people playing start buying all sorts of garbage with their credit cards...seems to be very addictive.
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
If you have high speed internet, and cleaned up you computer, there is nothing more you can do.

Several websites I visit are the same slow problem, while others are just fine. my friend is a web designer, and he said: The problem is with "their" servers, not powerful enough to keep up with the traffic on them.

try it at 3 am and see what happens
Old 01-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I fixed it by not playing and deactivating Facebook.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
My DW loved Farmville but quit playing due to how slow the site would get. I tried everything possible from our side to speed it up. I have to believe the speed issue is at their end not yours.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Remind her that 3rd party apps such as Farmville on Facebook, and in fact at one time Farmville was specifically mentioned in several articles, are responsible for a whole bunch of security alerts on the web.. Seems that Facebook gives them all your personal profile info (Which in my case is a lie for just this reason) and in many cases that of your friends, and then the Farmvill folks promise cross their heart not to sell it.. Right.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
I fixed it by not playing and deactivating Facebook.
+1 This method to fix Farmville lock-ups works 100% of the time and also rewards you with lots of ancillary benefits.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Besides the above mentioned deactivating of facebook, backing up data you want to keep and wiping and restoring the system to factory condition with a full OS reinstall usually solves alot of the famous Windows Bog-down effect.

There used to be an old saying amongst gamers, "If you're Windows install is older than 8 months, yer system isn't running at top performance".

Also, most games of that nature eat alot of ram, if you're not pushing a Intel 2nd Gen i7 CPU with 16 gigs of ram and a 64 bit Pro copy of Windows 7, it won't take too long before the game's own poor memory usage design will cause it to lag out.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #11

I play facebook games. FrontierVille freezes too. What i do is make sure to clear history. And i go to adobe website and download the newest flashplayer, and i have also downloaded adobe shockwave player. And one more thing, if she is useing internet explorer have her download Google Chrome. Chrome has made a world of difference for me. When ever i am online with irv2 i always have another window open and am actively playing my games
CorLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #12

Thanks everyone for your response. I have reported your responses to the Chief Farmer and I guess I'm still a Hero. Hee Hee. I suspect that mr300ce is on target about the amount of traffic on the farmville site. And CorLynn, your advise about using chrome will be headed. After I feed the chickens for the wife in the mornin, I will switch her to chrome and hopefully I will get a full hour nap in the afternoon.
Thanks again to all.
Be safe.

jim
Old 01-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
If Chrome doesn't work you could try Firefox, Safari, Opera or even Sea Monkey.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #14

The Chief Farmer just told me that I have to clean the barn tomorrow afternoon. So there goes the nap. But she said I could get up at 4am and do the Chrome thing. Will get it all done somehow and after a trial run by the Chief, I'll run back over here and let you other farmers know how it all works out.

Be safe
jim