Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
helping a friend

So my friend just got their travel trailer yesterday, they ordered the unit back in September and since then they have been asking me questions about it and how do they do this or that, so I helped them with their questions, they came Herr Friday night to tell me they are picking it up on sat. I said congrats and once again they asked dime questions about towing it in the rain I answered and the on person involved totally freaked out on mevs along Mr s know if all and said that they knie what they are doing and that they don't need my help, then proceeded to say that I a m running their life with thus issue, I said well if yih know what t you are doing why did you ask in the first place? They stormed out and they got home called me to ask for help I sa I'd no I can't and don't want to after late-night you srr on your own. I ed it wrong fir me to do that? I feel bad but also relic err d that they won't turn on me if I let them have ed th ed controle , the on ed bthat went off is s controle freakm eh as t would you do?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to adehaan86
Sounds like they are in wrong but maybe you could of said it more lightly.

Also maybe proofread your posts, hard to understand.

adehaan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure I could understand everything you tried to convey in your post, but it sure sounds weird. Is there a chance that maybe, while answering their questions, you came across as a "know it all" with your answers as they have said? Maybe they felt they were being talked down to?

As for refusing to answer their questions when they called back, I probably wouldn't have done that. I would have asked them why they needed me now and were so against my help the night before though.

Good luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry about the typing have a new phone and the screen is ultra sensitive, as far as when they asked the questions I would explain the answers in brief detail, for example they asked how do they gdg it ready for winter, I answered remove all things that will freeze from inside the unit. Clean the unit, and got to winterize the water system witch there are instructions in the owners manual. Well they couldn't understand what the manual said so they asked me to walk them trough in detail about their systems and how to operate them witch I was more than glad to do. Then they wanted to watch me winterize my unit. I did what they wanted and now this
Old 12-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
People. Wadda ya gonna do? Can't live with em. Can't bury them in the back yard. If as you say they are friends - work through it. Real friends are hard to come buy - can usually count them on 1 hand - maybe 2 if lucky. We should all remember - we get what we pay for - and friendships are usually free and at the same time - priceless.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #6

Just a thought.... maybe they are not your friends?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBB View Post
Just a thought.... maybe they are not your friends?
Ditto

Your post was a little difficult to read.
My take is they certainly don't come across as good friends.

I don't act that way with any of my friends.
My friends wouldn't do that to me. If the did, they wouldn't be friends too long!

If they are friends, you should be able to ask them what's up!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #8

Everybody has a bad day now and then and sometimes people can get the wrong idea when you say something. I would try to be nice to them and say if you offended them your sorry for that and you meant no offense. If they understand then then good and if not don't let it worry you. Either they will get over it or not.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #9

Sounds like frustration more than anything. Nobody likes to feel stupid.
I wonder why their dealer is not helping them with this?

Sometimes when we know something so well, or what to do seems so obvious, it comes across as flippant to others. So take a deep breath and start again.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Others are annoying...
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They don't want help from the dealer, they said the dealer acts like they are dumb
Old 12-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Others are annoying...

This comment reminded me of the TV series "Lost" where there were very strange, untrustworthy people living on the other side of the island and they were referred to as the "Others".

Ever since, when DW and I run across bizarre behavior like the OP described we just look at each other, shake our heads, and say "Others!"

I think the advice to take a deep breath and give it another try is sound. If you get the same reaction again, I'd leave them to their own resources and write them off.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote