Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Today I was heading home from work when I came across an older couple who pull off I49 onto the shoulder. He was pulling a tow behind camper and I normally do not stop for people, because you never know what may happen. Today I saw what I call a fellow camper in need and stopped to see if I could help. Thankfully there was no mechanic failure and he was only stopping to check his trailer because it was swaying more than normal.

Pulling off the shoulders of an interstate is not always a good idea due to high traffic and speeders as most of you know already, but mechanical problems can dictate otherwise. Its always best to pull off at the next exit to at least give a safety zone to check out our campers. If you see someone in need, it is each persons choice to stop and help. Safety of yourself comes first and always pull your vehicle in front of theirs giving you quick access out if needed and observer the situation before offering help from your vehicle.

For most, helping fellow campers is helping family. We meet the best people at campgrounds.

Danny59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Thor Owners Club
When I am in my car I try and help. But in a 42ft. DP towing. It is hard and most times unsafe to stop. This is a good reminder that we all need a cell phone and some sort of road side assistance. Still with all the planning, I was broke down in Arizona, no phone signal, a million miles to a town. But I had my toad. Unhooked, drove until I had a signal...got a tow and all ended well ...RV'ing is an adventure...
Tudos to you for being a Good Sam....Peace D

Dickson and Tracy
2016 Thor Windsport 31S
2015 Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
Ditto, I pull 36ft 5th wheel so I am total 52ft. I also have Onstar. Thinking on putting a CB radio in the truck.
Danny59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:47 AM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have posted this before but I will post it here again.

if you are in a ''No Signal'' status on your cell phone and you have an emergency or you need road service try 911. I was in that very situation in Utah once. ''No signal, No service'' so I simply punched in 911 and on the second ring a lady sheriff asked how could she help me. I almost fell over...
I will not tell you that it will always work but I will tell you that it worked for me 108 miles from the western border in Utah, smack dab in the middle of nothing.

This valuable info will cost you ten cents and you must pay me the next time you see me ...... Of course if it dont work for you ... I NEVER KNEW YOU...

When you see a service person..... THANK THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE TO THIS GREAT NATION........
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote