Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #15
That's a wonderful selfless thing you've done for them.

I'm a cancer survivor... over 3 years now. With the modern treatments, it's no longer a the death sentence it once was. I hope your sister continues on and becomes another lifelong survivor of this awful disease.

Retired. RVing with one husband and five cats.
1999 32' Fleetwood Southwind Class-A. Ford V10.
RanCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #16
Beachboy - I agree - there is no quick fix for curing cancer, and one way or the other it is going to be a long road and will require perseverance, stick-to-ism and positive thinking abilities. And the choice of going natural or non-traditional, traditional surgery/chemo/radiation or a combination of both, is totally up to what the individual believes in. I just brought it up because a lot of folks think that what the medical associations and big pharma say, are all there is to it. There is an abundance of alternate treatment protocols that you use singly or in combination - that can make enormous differences in your wellbeing and survival rates.

Just saying as most serious RV'ers seem to look at life in a different way - look outside of the box in regards to cancer as well... There is more than one way to deal with it.

DogLdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #17
Ford Super Duty Owner
Prayers for your sister. Bruce you are a great brother.
SherrRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
That was a generous and loving thing to do for your sister and family. What you said about getting out and enjoying things while you can is an important message to everyone. I almost lost my wife a few years back and it has changed our outlook on many things. We try and get out and enjoy but still get caught up in life. Thanks for the reminder and we wish your sister a good and speedy recovery.
Dennis & Marcie & Hook The Jack Russell, 2001 HR Imperial 38wds 350 Cummins, 07 Chevy Trailblazer/Blue Ox/Ready Brake, 04 Dodge 3500 Cummins,
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #19
That is really special what have done. Good for you.
Walt B.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
Tiffin Owners Club

Way to go Bruce.I have lost a sister last year to COPD which was from 2nd hand smoke and I have lost my DAD and Step Mother in the last 2 months.I had Prostate Cancer 3 1/2 yrs.ago.I had the radiation seed inplants and so far my psa is really good.I hope nothing but the best for your sister and her husband and I know they really appreciate your kindness.Good Luck and May God Bless.
Billy & Millie (2013 Allegro 36 LA) USMC VET
2013 Hyundai GT, 08 Harley trike
Mastertow dolly/ Great Doxie- Gracie
papaw.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well Bruce - we haven't heard from you in some time. I hope all worked out well for everyone.

Miss seeing you run the welcome wagon with your kind greetings and comments. I was reviewing some old posts and was reminded of this thread - so I had to check in and let ya know some of us are thinking of you, your wife and family.
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:22 PM   #22
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is pay it forward month We have over 400,000 people all over the world doing good things for friend and family and strangers Just like you are doing here.I think what you have done is a wonderful thing for someone to have something that they love in life.This shows to many people the kind & loving man you are.Our prayers go out to you and your family.God bless you for you kindness to others what a warm heart you have.(Pay it forward you did) facebook pay it forward month
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:19 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club

I have a 2009 Winnebago Chalet 30' class C that I haven't used since I bought the Safari. If you want to travel with them and don't mind coming to Ohio to pick it up feel free, no charge one Navy vet to another. It's been in storage since I go the Safari so you would be saving me $35.00 a month.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was just thinking the same thing. How great would it be to travel around with them. I hope you have the opportunities to do so. God Bless you and yours.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:12 AM   #25
Solo Rvers Club
Bless you Bruce. you have shown unconditional love to your sister and BIL...
You have given them a miracle ...
A friend is offering you and your wife the chance to travel with them... another miracle ...

Also good advice too, at least a combination of traditional and alternative medicines for cancer, I am a great proponent of this esp the alternative which includes diet... foods we eat will help to heal too.

I have learned to face each day and 'expect' a miracle, sometimes that is just waking up in the morning, grateful to be here ...sometimes the miracle isn't so obvious ... and some days it comes through a post on a forum, reminding me
there are miracles every day for someone...

So teach yourself and the family to just 'expect' a miracle ... life can amaze you sometimes....

Bless you all, accept the gifts offered with the same heart you gave to your sister...such love never goes unrewarded...
Young at heart,
Older in other places !
Enokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #26
Let us know when they hit the road & if you can, where they might be stopping. If they are near where I am, I'd be happy to meet up. Check in. Play tour guide if wanted. Share a meal. I imagine others would be up for this too.
Traveling with DH, our 3 cats, Katrina, Pas & Missi
2014 Georgetown 378
the toad, 2014 Jeep Patriot
3catstravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #27
I'd lay you odds that most fellow RVers would consider it an honor to assist in the travels. We would for sure.

Martha & Paul
Paul & Martha
Live so you can say "remember when" not "I wish I had".
Easy Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #28
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If in Southern California I would be glad to give them a home cooked meal and a tour of L.A and Hollywood and a stay at the beach around Malibu.

NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote